Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

taken from a bluenose website someone did a translation from a serbian newspaper.

Martina O’Neil misses out!

May 27, 2010 by Aylesburyblue

Filed under: Aylesburyblue Articles, Blues News

Here is a link to an article from a Serbian newspaper provided to us by a new member to the forum who has also kindly translated it for us. It gives the inside track on the transfer and reveals how a certain club up the road was also interested. Below is the translation.

Milan Calasan gave an interview to our 2nd biggest sport paper called… erm, “Sport”. He claims that in the hours before Zigic signed for you guys he received the phone call from Aston Villa. They said they want to sign Zigic and asked Calasan to wait for couple of days because O’Neill is on vacation and he has to be present when any transfer is negotiated. Calasan comment was: “in the following circumstances, there is nothing more logical then to finish the business with the club which opened all doors to us”.

Then he goes on about how the deal was done: “We were in “Radisson” hotel, McLeish came to visit us with his missus, he spent over one hour speaking with Zigic, with translator’s help”. (There’s an answer to your question about Zigic’s english). “McLeish believes in Zigic, he claims that Serb will be the key player in the next couple of seasons. It’s so great when a player has that kind of support from a manager, it’s much, much more easier for him when he knows he will play every single minute and that’s the only thing that was missing while Zigic played for Valencia”.

He claims that Zigic will get 2.5 million euros per year, he didn’t want to say how much Valencia got, but people from Red Star say we will get 350.000 euros according to UEFA regulations (5% of each transfer for the club in which he established himself), so the transfer should be around 7 million euros. Calasan also says that there are many very lucrative bonuses for Zigic if “Birmingham reaches it’s goals”, but he didn’t say which goals.

The sad thing is this is from a bluenose source which should send alarm bells in my head i.e Biased source or bullshit however the martin o'neill being on vacation part wouldnt surprise me tbh

What a load of tosh! MON doesn't have to be around for deals to be concluded. IRC we signed both Delph and Warnock without MON being present.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not talking about image, I'm talking about the current standard of the 2 teams

Who exactly do we have who is as good as Pato, Ronaldinho, Zambrotta, Nesta, Gattuso or Pirlo?

we've got a lot better than Abate, Dida, Boriello, Ambrosini, Kaladze etc

Who exactly do we have who is as good as Pato, Ronaldinho, Zambrotta, Nesta, Gattuso or Pirlo?

You forgot "used to be" (with the exception of Pato and to a lesser extent, 'dinho). The rest have been injured, absolutely dire, or both for a good two seasons now.

Boriello is a poor excuse for a striker, not CL quality, nowhere near in fact

Pato's technique and touch leave a lot to be desired imo don't get the hype around him

if he was anywhere near as good as people think he would be in WC squad

I'm not talking about image, I'm talking about the current standard of the 2 teams

we've got a lot better than Abate, Dida, Boriello, Ambrosini, Kaladze etc

Quite possibly.

But we still don't have anyone as good as those in my original list.

I'm not talking about image, I'm talking about the current standard of the 2 teams, plus I don't think Milan would be able to afford him

Well surely players join clubs based on the image. Hence why the likes of Beckham and Ronaldinho have joined them in the past.

If you asked a player who'd they'd join out of us and Milan I think the result is pretty obvious.