Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carew.

it was a barter to get rid of Baros

So I guess MON strikes you as the kind of manager to sign players simply because he wants rid of others then. If so then I believe you are a very poor judge of character.

Carew.

And?

Robbie Keane is a proven quality goalscorer in the premiership he is much less likely to fail at the Villa than your hearththrob Falcao, who would cost the earth and no doubt take forever to settle in or are we talking about Football Manager as I hear if you play 325 and mark the goal keeper he scores at lot for Villa.

Carew.

So? He's turned a bag of shit into the most prolific striker we've had for the last 10 years...

Also, if you exclude Carew, then MON has spent a total of 7.5M on strikers in 3+ years and having a very decent scoring record for that period. Name the teams who have spent less on strikers during that period in the Premiership.

We are talking about strikers

name one good he has bought??

I've told you before that you build a team from the back.

Would i be correct in assuming that our midfield-defence are a good enough standard, maybe with the exception of replacing Petrov?

Our biggest problem is up front, and this is (usually) the last piece of the puzzle managers deal with when building a team.

If he doesn't sort it out this summer then you will have a point, but until then i'm sure this is his priority and when it comes to priority signings MON gets it right.

Carew.

So I guess MON strikes you as the kind of manager to sign players simply because he wants rid of others then. If so then I believe you are a very poor judge of character.

Ok, Carew is not a bad striker, but he is not a stiker who score lot's of goals, and has never been

taken from a bluenose website someone did a translation from a serbian newspaper.

Martina O’Neil misses out!

May 27, 2010 by Aylesburyblue

Filed under: Aylesburyblue Articles, Blues News

Here is a link to an article from a Serbian newspaper provided to us by a new member to the forum who has also kindly translated it for us. It gives the inside track on the transfer and reveals how a certain club up the road was also interested. Below is the translation.

Milan Calasan gave an interview to our 2nd biggest sport paper called… erm, “Sport”. He claims that in the hours before Zigic signed for you guys he received the phone call from Aston Villa. They said they want to sign Zigic and asked Calasan to wait for couple of days because O’Neill is on vacation and he has to be present when any transfer is negotiated. Calasan comment was: “in the following circumstances, there is nothing more logical then to finish the business with the club which opened all doors to us”.

Then he goes on about how the deal was done: “We were in “Radisson” hotel, McLeish came to visit us with his missus, he spent over one hour speaking with Zigic, with translator’s help”. (There’s an answer to your question about Zigic’s english). “McLeish believes in Zigic, he claims that Serb will be the key player in the next couple of seasons. It’s so great when a player has that kind of support from a manager, it’s much, much more easier for him when he knows he will play every single minute and that’s the only thing that was missing while Zigic played for Valencia”.

He claims that Zigic will get 2.5 million euros per year, he didn’t want to say how much Valencia got, but people from Red Star say we will get 350.000 euros according to UEFA regulations (5% of each transfer for the club in which he established himself), so the transfer should be around 7 million euros. Calasan also says that there are many very lucrative bonuses for Zigic if “Birmingham reaches it’s goals”, but he didn’t say which goals.

The sad thing is this is from a bluenose source which should send alarm bells in my head i.e Biased source or bullshit however the martin o'neill being on vacation part wouldnt surprise me tbh

Would i be correct in assuming that our midfield-defence are a good enough standard, maybe with the exception of replacing Petrov?

Our biggest problem is up front, and this is (usually) the last piece of the puzzle managers deal with when building a team.

If he doesn't sort it out this summer then you will have a point, but until then i'm sure this is his priority and when it comes to priority signings MON gets it right.

Wouldn't say our midfield is good enough, and when you think about we may lose Milner also.. that don't make things better

You never answered his question

Thanks for telling me, have seen him many times.. he's class

It wasnt the question. what are his attributes and strengths. what will he bring to the team.

I think you only want him as its an exotic name

It wasnt the question. what are his attributes and strengths. what will he bring to the team.

2005–2009 River Plate 88 (34)

2009– Porto 28 (25

Goals and goals are his attributes and strengths, and he's young so can only get better

the big difference between me and you is that perhaps I have more ambition than to finish 6th every year

Doyle and Keane will never be good enough for top 4

is the ambition to get 6th again, then maybe they fit in

taken from a bluenose website someone did a translation from a serbian newspaper.

Martina O’Neil misses out!

May 27, 2010 by Aylesburyblue

Filed under: Aylesburyblue Articles, Blues News

Here is a link to an article from a Serbian newspaper provided to us by a new member to the forum who has also kindly translated it for us. It gives the inside track on the transfer and reveals how a certain club up the road was also interested. Below is the translation.

Milan Calasan gave an interview to our 2nd biggest sport paper called… erm, “Sport”. He claims that in the hours before Zigic signed for you guys he received the phone call from Aston Villa. They said they want to sign Zigic and asked Calasan to wait for couple of days because O’Neill is on vacation and he has to be present when any transfer is negotiated. Calasan comment was: “in the following circumstances, there is nothing more logical then to finish the business with the club which opened all doors to us”.

Then he goes on about how the deal was done: “We were in “Radisson” hotel, McLeish came to visit us with his missus, he spent over one hour speaking with Zigic, with translator’s help”. (There’s an answer to your question about Zigic’s english). “McLeish believes in Zigic, he claims that Serb will be the key player in the next couple of seasons. It’s so great when a player has that kind of support from a manager, it’s much, much more easier for him when he knows he will play every single minute and that’s the only thing that was missing while Zigic played for Valencia”.

He claims that Zigic will get 2.5 million euros per year, he didn’t want to say how much Valencia got, but people from Red Star say we will get 350.000 euros according to UEFA regulations (5% of each transfer for the club in which he established himself), so the transfer should be around 7 million euros. Calasan also says that there are many very lucrative bonuses for Zigic if “Birmingham reaches it’s goals”, but he didn’t say which goals.

The sad thing is this is from a bluenose source which should send alarm bells in my head i.e Biased source or bullshit however the martin o'neill being on vacation part wouldnt surprise me tbh

I'm pretty sure this is bollocks! I am pretty sure if we were in for him, we'd have signed him no doubt.

How come it took him till only last summer to sort the defence out then if you build from the back?

How come it took him till only last summer to sort the defence out then if you build from the back?

well for 2008-09 season we had the 4th best prem defense record, so possibly the summer of 2008?

2005–2009 River Plate 88 (34)

2009– Porto 28 (25

Goals and goals are his attributes and strengths, and he's young so can only get better

the big difference between me and you is that perhaps I have more ambition than to finish 6th every year

Doyle and Keane will never be good enough for top 4

is the ambition to get 6th again, then maybe they fit in

You need more than goals to play in Premier League. Look at Kezman or Earnshaw.

Does he hold the ball up, create chances or bring others into play

How many goals for Doyle ?? 9 from 34......

Falcao 25 from 28........

Now while playing Prem against Liga may be a bit more difficult you dont play for River Plate and Porto by being poor.

By the way Doyle isnt overly quick.

So we should sign Falco because of his scoring record?

Remember Alfonso Alves?

If the choice was Doyle or Falcao I'd have Falcao. For a striker, goal scoring is good place to start. Foreign players make good and fail for various reasons and Falcao wouldnt be my first choice by some way.

One I would have taken a punt on is Keirrison, now at Fiorentina.

Doyle is hard working and has a good first touch but he wont take us any further than we are now. I'd take Rodallega before Doyle and he's not a cert to score 15+.