Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waiting for a heads up from Mystery Man......

....seriously though, would love to see Keane, Ireland and another striker who is mobile and knows where to run to off the ball!

I THINK DAVID VILLA IS GOING TO SIGN FOR ASTON VILLA.

well his last name is our clubs last name, therefore on that solid logic he will definatly sign for us 100%.

I expect this to be reported by the tabloids now

I THINK DAVID VILLA IS GOING TO SIGN FOR ASTON VILLA.

well his last name is our clubs last name, therefore on that solid logic he will definatly sign for us 100%.

I expect this to be reported by the tabloids now

Been watching Newsnight doing the morning papers,back page of the sun guess whats headline news ....................

:twisted: Well a guy i met on the tube reckons it's a done deal for David Bentley with Ashley Young set to finally seal his move to Spurs in return! ...Can't wait for that old monkey to start swinging from the trees again!! :lol:

On a serious note i would be happy with the creative midfielder we have been lacking for years, 2 new strikers to replace Harewood & Carew if he goes or a new player of some kind to replace Heskey (As i don't know what to class him as coz it most certainly ain't a striker :lol: )

Also i think we will be needing a new Keeper soon (Ben Foster?) too as Guzan is still very inexperienced & Friedel surely hasn't got that long left?

A new right back as L Young appears to be on his way.

Players i would like to see... & i am trying to be realistic

Stephen Ireland - interesting prospect! Apparantly Mad but also could help us find a plan B?

Craig Bellamy - Guarantees goals & him & Gabby with their pace would scare the life out of any defence. Also Gabby could learn from him. Also has played successfully with S Ireland with great effect.

Ben Foster - Wants regular footie so could be avaliable & appears to be maturing somewhat?

We clearly need more if we lose anyone!

I feel we need a few players. Some will be regardless of who is leaving.

First of all, the obvious. A right back. Martin has brought two proper right backs to this club, Luke Young has been a big hit with the fans, but it seems that Martin doesn't rate him, and secondly Beye who seems was primarily bought as a backup on high wages. With Cuellar at right back, it is evident that we can't keep him there if we wish to progress as a club. Despite him being a very good defender, he isn't comfortable with the ball and can't support the fine wingers we have. Therefore I feel we need a an experienced fullback, who can support the wingers whilst being able to communicate with the rest of the defence and keep the usual tight unit we have.

Secondly another obvious position that needs sorting is the striking department. Personally like many others I'd like to see a player in the Darren Bent mould. Regarding Bent I feel the time has passed to make a move for the player, as Sunderland would only sell at a price which is beyond our limits. I also feel with Bent finally being settled, he'd be reluctant to leave Sunderland so soon. What other options there are, I don't know, getting a twenty goal a season player is arguably the toughest thing a manager can do. It often requires a lot of money and can prove to be a great risk. Some can become successful such as Bent, others such as Berbatov, Rebrov and Shevchenko don't.

I'd also like to see a dominant midfielder at the club, who can win the ball and retain possession. Often in games where we take the lead, we sit back and there's a large gap between the midfield and defence. If we had a player who we could bring on who could break down the play it would reduce the pressure on our back line. Currently we rely on them to absorb the pressure, whilst hoofing it away, restarting the process all over again.

Finally a playmaker would be on my wishlist. At home we're drawing far too many game, as teams sit back and double mark our widemen, this is because we don't have a creative talent through the middle. Milner on occasions can create a chance, but we need to do it consistently so opponents don't just have our wingers to worry about.

It's going to be our biggest summer yet, Martin has delivered for me in the past, and hopefully he can do it again.

cant wait for MM now!! the only one with some decent solid idea of whats going on inside VP

INS:

VDV - 8mill (if l'plop are going to have a go for him then we defo shld!)

Keane - 8-10mill

McGeady - 9mill

Ireland - 7mill

Clyne - 4mill

any forward that knows where to run off the ball and scores more then 5 goals in a season

fingers crossed!!!! its going to be a loooooong ass summer!!

McGeady - 9mill

I hope you dont mind me asking such a personal question sir, but are you completely and utterly **** mental?

I wouldnt be so bold as to enquire normally but, well, i'm just trying to garner a sense of perspective on the above.

Thanking you kindly,

p3te

Great to have this back. I wonder when our first signing will be made (at the start or end of the window) :winkold:

I think holding onto Milner on an improved contract would be our best signing of the summer. We cannot afford to let the likes of him or Young go if we want to progress and bringing players in should be done on a cash rather than a swap basis. I suspect Ireland and Keane might be potential targets for us.

Outs would be:

Harewood (free) - doesn't need replacing as The Fonz is 4th choice.

Bouma (free) - doesn't need replacing as O'Halloran is back from injury.

Beye (£2m) - doesn't need replacing as L Young can cover both ful back positions.

Davies (£8m) - doesn't need replacing as we can promote Ciaran Clark to 4th choice CB.

Sidwell (£4m) - needs replacing

NRC (£4m) - needs replacing

Heskey (£2.5m) - needs replacing

That lot brings in around £20.5m

I would then hope for us to try and get

Bent (£18m) - replacement for Heskey but will start.

Van Der Vaart (£9m) - replacement for Sidwell but would start

Parker (£8m) - replacement for NRC but would start more in rotation with Petrov as holding CM.

Play a 4-3-3 formation with The usual suspects in defence with a midfield of Parker, Milner & VDV. The 3 up top would be Gabby, Ash & Bent.

Alternatively, I can see MON going for Robbie Keane or Carlton Cole and offloading Carew. This might be ok with some but I am not too sure that Cole or Keane would score as many goals for us as Carew has this season. Maybe they would get more, who knows?