• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hunch not ITK

Richards Man City or the Bulgarian full back we went in for before Young

Ireland Man City or Parker West Ham

Dorrans Albion

Striker 100 per cent will sign a striker they went for Doyle 18 months back but were quoted 10 million I just wouldn't rule it out but he knows we need a little bit of magic to go with everything else .

Would like Dorrans from Albion as I just saw it mentioned in the Rodallega thread, everytime I've watched them he's been impressive. Far too good for them and he looked a different class to everybody in the championship.

kevin Doyle would be a great singing.

I would imagine Doyle would replace Hesky/carew.

With another striker, in the mold of gabby.

Ideally I'd rather we not lose too many players beyond Bouma, Harewood and Salifou (maybe Sidwell at a stretch). Next season is going be tough and we'll need all the resources at our disposal and then some if we're going to continue challenging at the right end of the table.

The only necessity for me would be an out-an-out goal poacher; someone who can regularly get their head onto the plethora of crosses coming in and can also sniff out chances. Finding that player is going to be an almighty task, it's easy to come up with a list of candidates but we're just going to have to wait and see. Certain names from the lower echelon of the Premiership have been banded about of late; in all honesty you could take your pick of Cole, Rodallega, Kalinic or Fletcher and they would all come with the same question mark over their ability to perform regularly at a higher level. Maybe we already have the answer in Delfouneso? Perhaps we'll even break from tradition and bring in a big-money signing from the continent? Whatever happens, postulations on the plans MON and Lerner may/will have for the team are in likelihood going to be wide of the mark.

Beyond upping the calibre of our firepower, a promising young right-back would be a welcome addition (particularly if either Habib Beye or Luke Young do decide to migrate to greener pastures). The people's choice would seem to be Nathaniel Clyne; I'm quite partial to Adam Matthews at Cardiff but I certainly wouldn't be disappointed with either.

The acquisition of a midfielder competent at both breaking-up the play à la Petrov and providing a supply-line to the strikers through the middle of the park would be an expensive luxury, but one that may ultimately prove the gap between 6th and 4th. If only we could clone James Milner.

Yossi Benayoun please...very very underated.

A very good option imo. I'd like to see us try for:

J.Cole/ Benayoun /Jonas Gutierrez

All creative midfielders who influence games and could help us break down teams at home, along with a more savvy striker. Cole (especially) and Benayoun may be out of our reach but i'd like to see us try anyway. Gutierrez is gettable, though he'll cost more than last year after they went down.

My hunch not ITK

Dorrans Albion

Striker 100 per cent will sign a striker they went for Doyle 18 months back but were quoted 10 million I just wouldn't rule it out but he knows we need a little bit of magic to go with everything else .

I wouldn't be too unhappy with that.

Not a huge fan of Richards but at least he's decent going forward at right back and can play centre half if required although it's not a pretty sight.

I'd have Ireland over Parker simply as we need more creative ability in the team and Ireland I think would cost less especially when you consider the board we'd be dealing with at West Ham.

I'm not sure West Brom would sell Dorrans this summer, wouldn't send out the right message so that one might have to be revisited in January.

And the striker....Doyle, Rodallega whoever, we must find someone who can contribute at least 10 league goals. Gabby and Carew both do it but we don't have anyone else.

I have it on good authority that we will be making a surprise bid to Corinthians for Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima. He may be 33 but he has 415 career goals from 606 appearances. Despite being in the shape of his life, he is due to retire in 2011.

ron6_350x475_530729a.jpg

My hunch not ITK

Dorrans Albion

I wouldn't be too unhappy with that.

Not a huge fan of Richards but at least he's decent going forward at right back and can play centre half if required although it's not a pretty sight.

I'd have Ireland over Parker simply as we need more creative ability in the team and Ireland I think would cost less especially when you consider the board we'd be dealing with at West Ham.

I'm not sure West Brom would sell Dorrans this summer, wouldn't send out the right message so that one might have to be revisited in January.

And the striker....Doyle, Rodallega whoever, we must find someone who can contribute at least 10 league goals. Gabby and Carew both do it but we don't have anyone else.

Richards wouldnt surprise me, afterall Man City are close to signing a new rightback for £11m !!

I have it on good authority that we will be making a surprise bid to Corinthians for Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima. He may be 33 but he has 415 career goals from 606 appearances. Despite being in the shape of his life, he is due to retire in 2011.

ron6_350x475_530729a.jpg

The worlds best ever footballer :notworthy: