Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Would love us to sign:

Doyle

Ireland

Parker

Kevin Prince Boateng

But I reckon we'd have to pay well over the odds to sign all four. But O'Neill has had no quams in doing that before.

Out:

Harewood

Heskey

Sidwell

Bouma

Beye

Will be gutted if we sell NRC. Should also keep Shorey as deputy for Warnock. Luke Young and Cuellar covering right back. Davies and Dunne should start together I think with Collins as cover.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First bit of ITK, a friend of mine has just received an enquiry from Villa for a large number of chairs. This can only mean one thing :suspect:

press conference..... BUT FOR WHAT?!?!? HHMMMM

My favourite thread is back! :D

Firstly - I cannot see us getting Darren Bent. Sunderland bought him for more than £15m so they'd want at least 20-25m which is probably out of our range.

(Also the rumours Today are, as unlikely as it sounds, that Mancini wants him)

I think, realistically, that we'll get someone like Robbie Keane. I can't see us going abroad or buying someone who could be a risk.

I hope that Randy gives us a small pot of funds to work with, which we can then add to the money from selling Shorey/ Heskey/ Sidwell/ possibly Davies/L Young etc.

McGeady - 9mill

I hope you dont mind me asking such a personal question sir, but are you completely and utterly **** mental?

I wouldnt be so bold as to enquire normally but, well, i'm just trying to garner a sense of perspective on the above.

Thanking you kindly,

p3te

This. If McGeady signs for Villa I will cry and personally ask MON to resign especially for 9 million. The guy struggles vs San marino

I would be devastated if we signed Robbie Keane. Hated him for years at spurs, overrated, no real step up in quality. i dont want to be proved wrong.

Same goes for C. Cole, does no-one remember what he was like at Villa?! dreadful.

(maybe we could pinch berbatov for 2/3 mil, probably around what he's worth these days.)

Gotta sell/get rid of Sidders, Shorey, Heskey, Beye, Bouma, perhaps a few more.

Not sure I agree about C.Davies because Ricky D and Jimmy C's form really dipped toward the end of the season and Curtis has played very well for us in the past. I suppose now we have Carlos we are fairly well covered.

Must endeavour to keep Milner and Young but if the right price is offered... we could really improve our squad- if we trust MON to buy well. Which frankly he has only done 50% of the time, at most.

Wouldn't mind seeing Bellamy and others of that ilk but wage/transfer demands make that highly unlikely.

Basically I predict a depressing summer. England out by QF's, Villa offer Sidders a new contract and pay 12 mil for C.Cole. who then gets 6 goals all season.

Same goes for C. Cole, does no-one remember what he was like at Villa?! dreadful.

I'm sick of hearing this.

He was with us in 2004-2005. Over 4 seasons ago!!! He has matured since then, he's had Premier League experience.

I THINK DAVID VILLA IS GOING TO SIGN FOR ASTON VILLA.

well his last name is our clubs last name, therefore on that solid logic he will definatly sign for us 100%.

Don't see why not.

ARSenal have ARSene Wenger and Andrei ARShavin.

Although we could be in competition with Villareal for his signature.

Ireland, Benayoun or N'Zogbia please who are all creative and can play wide or off the striker. One of them.

Probably another central midfielder as a long term Petrov replacement.

Above all else, a new quality striker, no idea who.

And probably another full-back, someone like Onouha.

I'm sick of hearing this.

He was with us in 2004-2005. Over 4 seasons ago!!! He has matured since then, he's had Premier League experience.

And he's still one of the most distinctly average strikers you'll ever come across who's main notoriety is the London press and Sky, without which you'd never know he was there.

What amazes me about Carlton Cole is that he's rated at all, and a Club like Villa would be interested in picking up from a deadbeat club Like Wet Spam, with all due respect to West Ham.