Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hunch not ITK

Richards Man City or the Bulgarian full back we went in for before Young

PSV Eindhoven's Stanislav Manolev. Has a few suitors around Yurp.

I know he won't go nowhere near him but we should enquire about Edin Dzeko of Wolfsburg as a striker perhaps?

Not a chance IMO!

He is the current 'golden ticket' around the continent!

Yossi Benayoun please...very very underated.

Always thought he would be a very good signing, but not so sure about him now. How old is he? Would he be a very good squad player or starter?

Just turned 30, starter...better than Downing IMO.

Jermaine Beckford could be a good shout.

from what i've seen of him seems to be pretty good.

Good shout,have been on about him myself but,spurs and a couple more are on the case.Bright lights of brum or london and champs league,dont think he would come or out bid spurs at the moment.

I'm not always right though,ask my misses.

But she's a woman,what do they know. :evil:

Richards is a good shout, he's lost his way at Citeh and they seem to be buying Boateng to replace him.

Benayoun would be good but I'd prefer someone younger, Doyle I think can score buckets with us. Immense in the air and actually moves in the box.

Dorrans would be an upgrade from Sidwell and young enough to become a first teamer, Parker is too old.

Think we'll see Boyd.

Yossi Benayoun please...very very underated.

Always thought he would be a very good signing, but not so sure about him now. How old is he? Would he be a very good squad player or starter?

Just turned 30, starter...better than Downing IMO.

Yep, I'd definitely go in for Benayoun, he runs at players and actually goes past them, opening space up for other. Exactly what we need at times.

Yeah I think Richards is very realistic. He has certainly lost his way at Citeh and MON is a long term admirer. appy arry is sniffing around Yossi so he'd probably choose Spurs. I think Doyle would be an excellent replacement for Heskey as he'd do all the things (like, y'know, score goals) that Heskey doesn't do while still doing the things Heskey does (on occasion). Doyle is also better in the air than Heskey and braver. But he'd be another 8 figure signing. Dorrans is unproven and would be over-valued. Don't forget we have Delph still to come in as a (considerable) Sidwell upgrade.

Owen? :shock: I'd honestly rather someone who was MORE fit than Carew, not less.

I don't know, I'm thinking Owen, Santa Cruz, Gabby, Fonz and possibly Heskey/Carew would give us pretty impressive options, allowing us to accomodate Owen's inevitable injuries. Only if Owen if free though.

Owen? :shock: I'd honestly rather someone who was MORE fit than Carew, not less.

I don't know, I'm thinking Owen, Santa Cruz, Gabby, Fonz and possibly Heskey/Carew would give us pretty impressive options, allowing us to accomodate Owen's inevitable injuries. Only if Owen if free though.

Out of all those Owen, Santa Cruz and either Heskey or Carew (possibly both) would be injured at the same time. Leaving Gabby & Delfounso!

Plus...Owen is injury prone and not value for money.

Santa Cruz is just shite and more lazy than Berbatov!

But Owen is basically never 100%. You'd be buying a guaranteed sicknote who you'd be trying to accommodate on the rare ocassions when he's not crocked, breaking up the front line in the process. I think you'd have to go a long way to find a worse signing.

And I'd take Doyle over RSC.

Out of all those Owen, Santa Cruz and either Heskey or Carew (possibly both) would be injured at the same time. Leaving Gabby & Delfounso!

Plus...Owen is injury prone and not value for money.

Santa Cruz is just shite and more lazy than Berbatov!

You might have a point there but I'm not sure if RSC has been injured a lot or just not in the team? I think he would be excellent if he got a good run of games, a mixture of strength and finesse.

Anyway, Owen and RSC would only be replacing, possibly even adding to, 2 other injury prone players in Carew and Heskey, so I don't think it'd be bad at all.

Although we have decent wide players I'd quite like to see Nzogbia in a Villa shirt.

Benayoun, Ireland, Boateng (not the Hull one) would be decent signings.

Doyle is probably likely, again decent player but hardly gets my heart rate going, but then to be honest I think the players we could get or will get probably wont be that type of marquee signing.

If we had loads to find a decent striker I'd love to see us break the bank for Suarez.

Using a method of young English "talent" at lesser clubs as favored by M'oN i present to you his shortlist...

Jamie O'Hara (i realize he is a Spurs player but, whatever...)

Mark Cullen

Chris Eagles

Danny Fox (Scottish i know, but did play for Celtic so...)

Carlton Cole

Mark Noble

Freddie Sears

James Tomkins

Zavon Hines

Junior Stanislas

Victor Moses

Matthew Jarvis

Michael Kightly

Gary Cahill (what?!)

Fabrice Muamba

Mark Davies

Fraizer Campbell

Jordan Henderson

Lee Cattermole

Martyn Waghorn

Ryan Shawcross

Phil Jones

Steven Taylor

Andy Carroll

I give you a Rafa style guarantee that we will sign one of the above, i would hapilly have Cattermole, Noble, Shawcross and Moses out of that lot.

Also our annual player from the Scottish league will be Kris Boyd.

And the M'oN Joker signing this year nobody knows, i'm gonna pick a random Dutch player in David Mendes da Silva. Cos we need a holding midfielder, and he can also play right back ;)

A couple of other potential signings i believe are Joe Cole and Michael Carrick.

My two cents ended up as more like a Nickel, sorry...

Re strikers :

We lost Sturridge because of the money he was offered at Chelsea and we thought we were well on the way to him signing I know his dad had been to Villa on a number of occassions as a Guest and it was at one time pretty close .

Re Boyd Villa believe it or not were unaware he was at Villa the night of the Blackburn game yet I am told by a Box Holder who had moved to the Sky Lounge for the night that Boyd was with his agent in the Sky balcony in Trinity Road . Villa are saying they were not aware he was there :?:

Delfounso will get far more game time next year and Weimann is very well thought of but only as a bit part player maybe get at best sub in a few games unless we reach Euro Group stages then he might get a game.