Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

My favourite thread is back! :D

Firstly - I cannot see us getting Darren Bent. Sunderland bought him for more than £15m so they'd want at least 20-25m which is probably out of our range.

Sunderland paid £10m for him, which is part of the reason I'm so pissed off that we never went for him.

Spurs paid £16.5m. Just like them to make a £6.5m loss on their best striker.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually don't think we need another striker if we can land the right 2 new midfield additions that allow us to score from the midfield and play 4-5-1.......

Honestly, I think adding Banayoun and Carrick would would make us competitive with any of the top 4 (barring major injury)......Carrick or another good holding/passing midfielder would free Milner to score even more.

Gabby

Downing Benayoun Milner Young

Carrick (holding)

....should be good enough to compete with almost anyone.

My favourite thread is back! :D

Firstly - I cannot see us getting Darren Bent. Sunderland bought him for more than £15m so they'd want at least 20-25m which is probably out of our range.

Sunderland paid £10m for him, which is part of the reason I'm so pissed off that we never went for him.

Spurs paid £16.5m. Just like them to make a £6.5m loss on their best striker.

At the time this happened, i remember Glaston came on here and said the figure was nearer 16million than 10million as this is what Spurs had reported to their shareholders. Spurs do very well in recouping figures they paid.

I actually don't think we need another striker if we can land the right 2 new midfield additions that allow us to score from the midfield and play 4-5-1.......

Honestly, I think adding Banayoun and Carrick would would make us competitive with any of the top 4 (barring major injury)......Carrick or another good holding/passing midfielder would free Milner to score even more.

--------------------Gabby--------------------

Downing-Benayoun-----Milner-------Young

--------------------Carrick-------------------

That's ace.

--------------------Gabby--------------------

Downing-Benayoun-----Milner-------Young

--------------------Carrick-------------------

That's ace.

I agree, looks very good. Just don't think we could Carrick. But Benayoun could be a possibility.

I like that Olic for Bayern Munich.

I am aware we would never ge thim though.

I wanted him last summer when he was available on a free. A very good player and boy does he work

Benayoun, Carrick, Scott Parker, Ireland all players i feel we could get should we push the boat, Carrick could be hard to get but he is an excellent player.

Id really love Ireland, Kenwyne Jones and Carrick - all players who could be first team and improve the squad and at ages where they can also improve as players!