Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

SSN: McGeady to Villa a very strong possibility according to one of their ITK reporters

Yeah just saw that, he was worryingly certain about it and in the studio as if he was breaking the news. Went on to say that Keane is on the cards too!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mid July and don't even seem close to any sort of business, in or out. How fustrating really.

it's a joke to be honest, MON doesn't seem to learn from past mistakes

I would have thought that you of all people Sir gary would have been happy with the lack of signings and be hoping that some of our young players are to be given a real chance this season.

We don't need to buy any more average Premiership players, we just need to shift the non playing bench warmers who are costing Randy a fortune each week.

If we can attract a top quality player then I'm all for it, but if not then let's give the kids a chance.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be over the moon if some of the kids were given, I'm convinced if given enough playing time, Delfouneso will score at least 10 goals. The squad is very threadbare at the minute though and with several players looking to leave, I don't think we're in a good situation. If I was manager, Delfouneso, Albrighton, Gardner, Delph and Clark would all be first teamers.

SSN: McGeady to Villa a very strong possibility according to one of their ITK reporters

Yeah just saw that, he was worryingly certain about it and in the studio as if he was breaking the news. Went on to say that Keane is on the cards too!

So we are just going for Ireland squad basically?

What, as in starting 11?

yes, they've been patient enough and it's clear they are ready bar maybe Gardner

They might be ready, certainly doesn't mean they are good enough.

For example, is Clark better than Dunne, Collins, Cuellar, Davies? No.

Albrighton, is he better than Downing and Young? No.

These players bar Clark who i'd send out on loan unless we sell Davies, should be starting more games, Albrighton, Delph (inj) and Delfouneso but not regular starters just yet. Delfouneso and Delph i'd say are close though.

What, as in starting 11?

yes, they've been patient enough and it's clear they are ready bar maybe Gardner

These players bar Clark who i'd send out on loan unless we sell Davies, should be starting more games, Albrighton, Delph (inj) and Delfouneso but not regular starters just yet. Delfouneso and Delph i'd say are close though.

Cuellar and Davies are not better than Ciaran Clark, they just have more experience, Clark is nearly 21, he isn't going to wait around forever, if the plan was to loan him out, it should have been done by now, same goes for Albrighton and Delfouneso. Albrighton is better than Downing based on last season's performance.

What, as in starting 11?

Not a chance that Albrighton should be starting ahead of Downing or Ash, Delfouneso ahead of Gabby or Carew, Delph ahead of Jimmy or Stan and Clark ahead of Collins, Dunne, Cuellar or Davies.

These lads have a lot of potetntial but they are not yet ready to be starting ahead of established, Premiership and in many cases International players who are for the most part performing to a high standard.

Seeing as though the milner topic has been locked, i thought i'd share with you what i heard.

A bloke from yorkshire visited my dads office in manchester today and when he found out i was a villa fan, he said he was best mates with James Milner's uncle and that James Milner had categorically told his uncle he wants to stay at Villa but is afraid that he is going to be sold if too much money is offered and the reason he hasn't said he wants to stay is because if he is sold then the club don't want the fans turning on them.

I think this is probably true. I can't imagine Milner being the kind of player to want to leave Villa for Man City, I think he'd definitely leave us for Chelsea or Man Utd but not Man City. Although all ITK's have said the opposite.

What, as in starting 11?

Cuellar and Davies are not better than Ciaran Clark, they just have more experience, Clark is nearly 21, he isn't going to wait around forever, if the plan was to loan him out, it should have been done by now, same goes for Albrighton and Delfouneso. Albrighton is better than Downing based on last season's performance.

Clark is not better than Cuellar nor Davies. Cuellar is an excellent CB.

Albrighton hasn't played too many games, so it's also impossible to just say "he's better than Downing based on last season" as who knows how Albrighton would of played. Also Downing came back from a lengthy injury, let him at least have a full season at the club.

Again, just because they are young, doesn't suddnely make them better. I'd of certainly give Delfouneso, Albrighton and Delph more games last year but I don't think it makes them better players just yet anyway.

We're a consistent top 6 team now, so for these young players to be ''good enough' to dislodge whoever is infront of them theyre gonna have to be amongst the best 10 players in there position in the country in one of the best leagues in the worlds.

We're a consistent top 6 team now, so for these young players to be ''good enough' to dislodge whoever is infront of them theyre gonna have to be amongst the best 10 players in there position in the country in one of the best leagues in the worlds.

Im not sure....I mean, im better than Carlos Cuellar at right back.

i dunno how many of our team id have as being in the best 10 in their position in england tbh

a few yeah, but not the whole lot

What, as in starting 11?

Clark is not better than Cuellar nor Davies. Cuellar is an excellent CB.

Albrighton hasn't played too many games, so it's also impossible to just say "he's better than Downing based on last season" as who knows how Albrighton would of played. Also Downing came back from a lengthy injury, let him at least have a full season at the club.

Again, just because they are young, doesn't suddnely make them better. I'd of certainly give Delfouneso, Albrighton and Delph more games last year but I don't think it makes them better players just yet anyway.

Cuellar is a donkey, I can't believe to this day that we paid £8m for him, he's an embarrassment to the clubs and fans.

Downing was dreadful for the majority of the time he was in the side for, Albrighton would certainly have done a better job but our manager wasted £12m on him so was hardly going to drop him.

Cuellar is a donkey, I can't believe to this day that we paid £8m for him, he's an embarrassment to the clubs and fans.

Downing was dreadful for the majority of the time he was in the side for, Albrighton would certainly have done a better job but our manager wasted £12m on him so was hardly going to drop him.

Ah, the connoisseur of posting for effect is amongst us.

Ah, the connoisseur of posting for effect is amongst us.

:lol: So true.