Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What, as in starting 11?

yes, they've been patient enough and it's clear they are ready bar maybe Gardner

They might be ready, certainly doesn't mean they are good enough.

For example, is Clark better than Dunne, Collins, Cuellar, Davies? No.

Albrighton, is he better than Downing and Young? No.

These players bar Clark who i'd send out on loan unless we sell Davies, should be starting more games, Albrighton, Delph (inj) and Delfouneso but not regular starters just yet. Delfouneso and Delph i'd say are close though.

Cuellar and Davies are not better than Ciaran Clark, they just have more experience, Clark is nearly 21, he isn't going to wait around forever, if the plan was to loan him out, it should have been done by now, same goes for Albrighton and Delfouneso. Albrighton is better than Downing based on last season's performance.

Clark is not better than Cuellar nor Davies. Cuellar is an excellent CB.

Albrighton hasn't played too many games, so it's also impossible to just say "he's better than Downing based on last season" as who knows how Albrighton would of played. Also Downing came back from a lengthy injury, let him at least have a full season at the club.

Again, just because they are young, doesn't suddnely make them better. I'd of certainly give Delfouneso, Albrighton and Delph more games last year but I don't think it makes them better players just yet anyway.

Cuellar is a donkey, I can't believe to this day that we paid £8m for him, he's an embarrassment to the clubs and fans.

You really do have a habit of talking shit.

Cuellar is a donkey, I can't believe to this day that we paid £8m for him, he's an embarrassment to the clubs and fans.

Downing was dreadful for the majority of the time he was in the side for, Albrighton would certainly have done a better job but our manager wasted £12m on him so was hardly going to drop him.

Ah, the connoisseur of posting for effect is amongst us.

A part of me dies every time I see him in that famous shirt, I think he's dire and always have done, he can't head, can't tackle, he's slow, sooner he leaves the club the better.

Downing was dreadful for the majority of the time he was in the side for, Albrighton would certainly have done a better job but our manager wasted £12m on him so was hardly going to drop him.

Ah, the connoisseur of posting for effect is amongst us.

A part of me dies every time I see him in that famous shirt, I think he's dire and always have done, he can't head, can't tackle, he's slow, sooner he leaves the club the better.

This is coming from the person who named Higuain as one of the 5 top strikers in the world.

Yet a few months later says he has no technical ability and only scores loads because he's at Real Madrid.

:crylaugh:

This is coming from the person who named Higuain as one of the 5 top strikers in the world.

Yet a few months later says he has no technical ability and only scores loads because he's at Real Madrid.

This was based on a few games that I'd seen where for Madrid where he looked half decent but after seeing for Argentina at the world cup, I have changed my opinion on him

This was based on a few games that I'd seen where for Madrid where he looked half decent but after seeing for Argentina at the world cup, I have changed my opinion on him

Says it all.

Says it all.

:? I can't change an opinion of a player after seeing him a few more times?

Says it all.

I was referring to CED comment. You post for effect all the time. This is either to gain attention or to be a wind up merchant.

You can't have an opinion without going overboard.

What, as in starting 11?

yes, they've been patient enough and it's clear they are ready bar maybe Gardner

These players bar Clark who i'd send out on loan unless we sell Davies, should be starting more games, Albrighton, Delph (inj) and Delfouneso but not regular starters just yet. Delfouneso and Delph i'd say are close though.

Cuellar and Davies are not better than Ciaran Clark, they just have more experience, Clark is nearly 21, he isn't going to wait around forever, if the plan was to loan him out, it should have been done by now, same goes for Albrighton and Delfouneso. Albrighton is better than Downing based on last season's performance.

I agree with you Sir gary. Clark is as good as our other CB's and is probably more dangerous at our attacking set pieces.

Albrighton can do at least as good a job as Downing and never backs out of a tackle, in fact he can be too fiesty. Delfouneso is ready to play and should feature at least 30/40% of the time, and Mon will definitely need to keep a space for Delph when he is fully fit. Fabian is going to be a really tasty player for us imo.

Says it all.

I was referring to CED comment. You post for effect all the time. This is either to gain attention or to be a wind up merchant.

You can't have an opinion without going overboard.

It's my opinion, if you don't like it, don't respond to it

Friedel, Guzan, (Young GK)

Cuellar, (Young RB)

Warnock, (Young LB)

Dunne, Clark

Collins, Davies

(Bentley), Albrighton

Young, Downing

(Ireland), NRC, Delph

(Parker), Petrov

(Keane), Carew

Gabby, Delfeuonso

The GK, DR, DL can either be promotions from the youth team, or of no one is good enough, youngsters from other teams such as Onuoha and Clyne. We don't need to spend silly money on these positions.

I'd also rather bring in younger versions of Parker and Keane, but can't think of any.

Selling/Releasing Marshall, Bouma, Shorey, Beye, Young, Salifou, Sidwell, Milner, Harewood, Heskey would free up enough cash/wages to buy the above players.

The above team would have a younger average age than the current squad, be a better first 18, and probably drop the wage bill slightly.

......................Friedel.......................

Cuellar.....Dunne...Collins.....Warnock

...............Parker....Delph.................

.....Bentley....Ireland........Young.......

...................Huntelaar.....................

Subs: Guzan, Davies, NRC, Petrov, Downing, Gabby, Carew

Reserves: GK, LB, RB, Clark, Albrighton, Delfeounso

What, as in starting 11?

I agree with you Sir gary. Clark is as good as our other CB's and is probably more dangerous at our attacking set pieces.

Albrighton can do at least as good a job as Downing and never backs out of a tackle, in fact he can be too fiesty. Delfouneso is ready to play and should feature at least 30/40% of the time, and Mon will definitely need to keep a space for Delph when he is fully fit. Fabian is going to be a really tasty player for us imo.

He's definitely our most cultured CB and is long overdue a run in the side, Albrighton would give 100% every time he steps out onto the pitch and I'm hoping we see Delfouneso more 40% of the time and I agree about Delph aswell, these players are the future of Aston Villa, why risk letting them go?