Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Lichaj is poor in my opinion.

Clark, Albrighton, Delfouneso are the three main players I think that can step up. Albrighton as regular impact player and sometimes starts. Delfouneso as starting more and more sub apparences and Clark as 4th choice CB.

Lichaj can throw as far as Delap. Reason enough to put him in the first team!

cant be as bad as Cuellars throws :)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With top players running off him he suddenly looks a good player and you can see why top players want him in their side.

Yeah, I'm still not convinced that him being in our England 11 is our best team. I think we'd be better if we worked on a system that had Rooney as a lone striker and someone behind him (Gerrard maybe). But Fabio has stuck with 4-4-2 for too long, we've only tried it for half a game - and that's no-where near long enough to get everyone comfortable.

Anyway!

Yeah he doesn't suit our style of play. We like to play with bursts of pace and Heskey slows down our attacks.

Also! For England he was winning headers and long balls left, right and centre! For Villa every ball just pings off him and to the opposition.

Does Friedel kick it wrong or something?

With top players running off him he suddenly looks a good player and you can see why top players want him in their side.

Yeah, I think Emile gets some unfair criticism, when a lot of it is just down to the fact he just doesnt suit our style of play

:nod:

Some people just don't see it. He's a good player playing in the wrong role, for the wrong side. Ask any player that plays alongside him what they think of him and they'll tell you he's great to play with.

He just doesn't fit at Villa and it's totally unfair that he gets the stick he gets.

He hasn't won 60 English caps for nothing.

I'm a bit disappointed that we haven't been linked to (m)any players playing in the WC.

Used to love just following a game just because there was a chance one of them might join us.

I keep watching the defensive midfielders and defenders with the hope that one will catch MON's (or our scouts') eye and that we'll have direct replacements for Petrov or L Young.

(For the record - I like Petrov but I can see him becoming less and less effective in the next season).

If Heskey can play consistantly, there is no doubt they he can be an assett to any team. He can suit our style of play as shown earlier in the season but as a team we've got to maintain consistancy in our football and he has to remain consistant in his performances. Milner, Young, Downing, Gabby, Delfouneso all have enough goals to make up for Heskey if we do use him.

If Heskey can play consistantly, there is no doubt they he can be an assett to any team. He can suit our style of play as shown earlier in the season but as a team we've got to maintain consistancy in our football and he has to remain consistant in his performances. Milner, Young, Downing, Gabby, Delfouneso all have enough goals to make up for Heskey if we do use him.

I was listening to Radio WM last night and Cyrille regis was on and he was saying that when he has spoken to a few Villa players and they all said they prefer player with Heskey rather than Carew. It's just that the fans prefer Carew because of his goalscoring?

Clark, Albrighton, Delfouneso are the three main players I think that can step up. Albrighton as regular impact player and sometimes starts. Delfouneso as starting more and more sub apparences and Clark as 4th choice CB.

Dude, have you even seen Lichaj play?

JimboJames, I 100% agree with you and myself have spotted 1 or 2 already. The problem is you've got more chance of Heskey scoring a hat trick in a single game than MON going anywhere near a foreign player with a stick. It disappoints me and I hope I get proved wrong this summer. Pathetic English policy crap...

I'm a bit disappointed that we haven't been linked to (m)any players playing in the WC.

Used to love just following a game just because there was a chance one of them might join us.

I keep watching the defensive midfielders and defenders with the hope that one will catch MON's (or our scouts') eye and that we'll have direct replacements for Petrov or L Young.

(For the record - I like Petrov but I can see him becoming less and less effective in the next season).

wouldnt get your hopes up, cant see why club captain and virtual ever present Petrov is about to be replaced. Our opinions aside, MON rates him and wants him in the team

Dude, have you even seen Lichaj play?

JimboJames, I 100% agree with you and myself have spotted 1 or 2 already. The problem is you've got more chance of Heskey scoring a hat trick in a single game than MON going anywhere near a foreign player with a stick. It disappoints me and I hope I get proved wrong this summer. Pathetic English policy crap...

Yeah, I watched him in the Peace Cup every game and he got beat far too many times for my liking, especially on the outside, I thought he was really poor. I also think there is a reason he was on loan at a League 2 and League 1 team. It's because he isn't great.

Also, I'm not saying we have bought lots of foreign players but we have signed a few players from abroad and he has attempted last year to sign Manilov and Sneijder so not exactly never going to buy abroad. It's also not an English Policy....we have quite a few non English players.

To me Heskey is more suited to teams that attack through the middle - we don't do too much of this but you can see he works well with Milner at times and I reckon if we picked up another creative midfielder and started to play up the guts a little more.

I thought Bradley did well for the USA against us. I think he would push Petrov for his place. Scores a few goals too.

We were linked with Bradley last summer aswel IIRC. Wasnt he playing for some dutch club at the time? Anyhow, looks a good player and the sort who could do a job for us. The only question is does MoN feel the same. :(

I thought Bradley did well for the USA against us. I think he would push Petrov for his place. Scores a few goals too.

We were linked with Bradley last summer aswel IIRC. Wasnt he playing for some dutch club at the time? Anyhow, looks a good player and the sort who could do a job for us. The only question is does MoN feel the same. :(

Bradley was at SC Heerenveen, and it was purpoted in the press that Everton were favourites to bring him to the Premiership. Move never materialised, and he wound up at Mönchengladbach.

EDIT - Forgot to mention, he was definately set to sign for SHA on the condition they stayed up, but they got relegated so he went to the Foals. :D