Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

No speculation linking us - quite liked the look of Sami Khedira for Germany last night -good tackler, good passing and willing to get into the box. I think he'd be a perfect understudy/competition for Petrov!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be going mad.. but I'm sure I saw a post from MM where he said to not be suprised if we see Young moving into the middle.

Interesting point IF it was said.. (I'm feeling a bit confused.. I'm sure I saw it)..

It'd solve the problem of having two wingers who both prefer playing on the left, it'd also be good for Ash because he has the ability to get a yard ahead of someone and then bang a shot in - which I could see him doing if he was playing further forward.

With a possible midfield/ forward line of:

--------------------- Gabby -----------------

------------- Young -------------------------

Downing -- Petrov -- Milner -- Albrighton

(But it's more square pegs in round holes)

We're now linked with Pienaar, seems ridiculously unlikely to happen given all the circumstances.

Wont happen but if he joined. Villa Park should be a cauldron of vuvuzelas :lol:

The mental image of VP full of vuvuzelas :lol:

Cannot see us competing too much with Spurs this summer sadly though... For obvious reasons like CL footy & London/Birmingham Plus of course that little matter of size of wages!

i was under the impression Spurs had quite a decent wage structure. Didnt think they had anyone on much more than £60k - £70k per week.

'arry on 60k a week after tax following the interest of a mystery dubai club came out in the press

How can anyone not like that man? And on a side note are spurs forums moaning like mad that he's on the bbc when he should be here signing players?

Yeah still slightly higher than ours though as an average i assume? & now i guess they will be upping that with CL money coming in? Admittedly a few assumptions made with that but seems likely as they must be aware they need to start paying bigger wages to compete at their "new" level?

we pay more wages than spurs. fact. Not sure how it's spread out, but as a total. Surprising, but true.

Ozil would have commanded a fee of about 20 million before World Cup and its rising. I think he will go to Bayern like most other top German players do.

MON should have got in there after last year Under 21 championship when he wasnt as well known

We were strongly linked with him last summer and the story really seemed to have legs. IF it was true and we were in for him id say MoN has dropped another major bollock in the transfer market

Yeah still slightly higher than ours though as an average i assume? & now i guess they will be upping that with CL money coming in? Admittedly a few assumptions made with that but seems likely as they must be aware they need to start paying bigger wages to compete at their "new" level?

we pay more wages than spurs. fact. Not sure how it's spread out, but as a total. Surprising, but true.

that was the impression i was under as well.

Ozil would have commanded a fee of about 20 million before World Cup and its rising. I think he will go to Bayern like most other top German players do.

MON should have got in there after last year Under 21 championship when he wasnt as well known

We were strongly linked with him last summer and the story really seemed to have legs. IF it was true and we were in for him id say MoN has dropped another major bollock in the transfer market

:? IF we were in for him he probably turned us down.

:? IF we were in for him he probably turned us down.

Must have done, after all, wouldnt want to come here would he

Last summer ozil had just played in the uefa cup final, had the chance fter diego left to become the star at WB and catch the eye of the german manager, it was hardly MON dropping a bollock despite the legs it was never going to happen

Nearly all top German players play in Germany. As English players tend to play in England.

It's like saying Leverkusen have dropped a bollock for failing to sign a talented young English player ahead of Spurs or Everton.

i.e. nonsense.

No speculation linking us - quite liked the look of Sami Khedira for Germany last night -good tackler, good passing and willing to get into the box. I think he'd be a perfect understudy/competition for Petrov!

Is that the guy who looks exactly like Milan Baros?

Still waiting for a site that isn't a useless site to link us to Benayoun. £10m for a 30 year old. I suppose it's understandable given that Liverpool are totally broke.

Great player, but as you say Bri £10m for a 30 year old?

seems like the chelsea deal has been done, benayoun signed up by Roman

Nearly all top German players play in Germany. As English players tend to play in England.

It's like saying Leverkusen have dropped a bollock for failing to sign a talented young English player ahead of Spurs or Everton.

i.e. nonsense.

Yer chattin bubbles mate, top foreign youngsters join Premier League clubs every season its all about spotting them and getting in early - not dithering around for 6 months thinking about it

To be fair, name any germans who have played here.

I can think of The Hammer, Klinssman and Ballack.

3 in 20 odd years

Even if I have missed some out, I doubt there are 8 - it is very very rare a german plays over here.

(and I am not counting Breikrutz and Beinlich !!!)