Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Barry wont be coming back to Villa. He's on about £125k pw for starters. Plus, we've had the best of him.

If Yaya Toure goes to City I think one of De Jong or Vieira will be off. Maybe both.

Vieira's just signed a contract extension though, hasn't he? Or have I made that up?

Yes its true but normal rules fly out of the window in Crazy Manchester Cityland.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I think he'll flop

I don't really remember any past world class player who has never played Premier League football before, moving to the PL and doing well after the age of 30.

Shevchenko and Deco come to mind.

Yeah I think he'll flop

I don't really remember any past world class player who has never played Premier League football before, moving to the PL and doing well after the age of 30.

Klinsmann, Zola are two that spring to mind..........

Riquelme is a massive gamble.

1) You have to build a team around him.

2) He has an awful attitude, one case was where Martin Palermo scored for Boca Juniors and Riquelme felt he deserved the celebration for his assist :lol:

He is also very off the pace now for his age, and will require big wages. West Ham are one of a few teams silly enough to do this as Gold and Sullivan seem desperate for a marque signing to please the fans. Saying that I doubt he'll completely flop and will have his moments, but a risk a team like West Ham shouldn't take for me.

Riquelme is a massive gamble.

1) You have to build a team around him.

2) He has an awful attitude, one case was where Martin Palermo scored for Boca Juniors and Riquelme felt he deserved the celebration for his assist :lol:

He is also very off the pace now for his age, and will require big wages. West Ham are one of a few teams silly enough to do this as Gold and Sullivan seem desperate for a marque signing to please the fans. Saying that I doubt he'll completely flop and will have his moments, but a risk a team like West Ham shouldn't take for me.

Signing Riquelme wouldn't just be a risk for Villa, it would be suicidal stupidity in my humble opinion. I wouldn't mind seeing Sullivan and Gold waste their grubby money on him though! :lol:

Dolye for around £12m sounds good to me, can see us having to pay more though, prob £15m. Reckon he could teach Gabby quite alot tbh, hes a very inteligent player and in the right team he should score quite a few more than he did at Wolves. I know MON favours a big man up front but I think this makes Gabby less effective as the knock ons for gabby to run onto are covered by most of the oppositions defense (heskey and carew are pretty static)

I do think we are missing a striker and its gonna be hard to get one that can push us on to the next level, can see either Carew or Heskey leaving.

Robert Pires is a free agent and has been quoted saying he'd be happy to come back to England (he even said he'd be happy to come to a team like Leicester and help get them promoted).

Maybe a bit too old at 36.. I saw him in a few Europa games earlier this year and he didn't look terrible.. He must have a few free kicks left in him!

Pires, Riquelme... shocking suggestions.

I wasn't actually suggesting we go for Pires. I was just stating as a fact that he's a free agent who has commented on coming to England.

I wouldn't really want him at Villa but if we did get him just to cover injuries or as a player to bring a bit of a spark in the last 15-20 minutes then I wouldn't be too upset. He still has the quality that he had when he was younger - just probably not for a whole match anymore :winkold:

Yeah I think he'll flop

Vialli and Gullit did ok as well

Dolye for around £12m sounds good to me, can see us having to pay more though, prob £15m. Reckon he could teach Gabby quite alot tbh, hes a very inteligent player and in the right team he should score quite a few more than he did at Wolves. I know MON favours a big man up front but I think this makes Gabby less effective as the knock ons for gabby to run onto are covered by most of the oppositions defense (heskey and carew are pretty static)

I do think we are missing a striker and its gonna be hard to get one that can push us on to the next level, can see either Carew or Heskey leaving.

Doyle is not a £15m player IMO and he has said he is staying at Wolves I believe.

It isa not cheating figures, I cutted and pasted.

But which one are you on about - goals per season - which means he has scored more goals every season in England apart from the two injury hit ones , than any other Villa player apart from Peter Withe and Dwight Yorke

Or premier League goals

Which means he has scored more than any other player than Dwight yorke or Peter Withe.

Coz whichever way - HE SCORES GOALS

In fact, go on the stats - if you want premier only - ITS EVEN BETTER !!

Cheers for that

219 permier games - 85 goals

comprising of

16 in 36

13 in 30

13 in 34

12 in 37

15 in 31

4 in 14

5 in 21

So I reckon his worst real season of 12 goals has only been bettered once in one season by Juan pablo Angel (16 goals) and one by Dwight Yorke (17 goals) since the season 93-94 when Deano got 15 !

Yes - truely shite yakubu is !

Those figures dont even add up to 85 :?

Because I just put in his premier league stats.

The other season was his first for Pompey - 14 games , 7 goals in the Championship so add that one for the complete total.

But, again, those stats just make it even better as the one I left out was a 1 in 2 record !

Yeah I think he'll flop

And Laursen (Henrik - dont think you spell it that way) , and unfortunately, Dugarry !

Yeah I think he'll flop

And Laursen (Henrik - dont think you spell it that way) , and unfortunately, Dugarry !

With players who have come from abroad and already done the business for them coming to suceed over here is all about their attitude.

If they still want to progress they can adapt. If they just want the money they generally don't do the business.

If Riquelme was any decent, why is it West Ham are the front runners to sign him? Gold and Sullivan are doing the same as their predescesors and getting expensive journeymen who don't have the bottle for a fight only just to pick up their fat pay cheques. A relegation battle looms for them again I feel.

It isa not cheating figures, I cutted and pasted.

But which one are you on about - goals per season - which means he has scored more goals every season in England apart from the two injury hit ones , than any other Villa player apart from Peter Withe and Dwight Yorke

Or premier League goals

Which means he has scored more than any other player than Dwight yorke or Peter Withe.

Coz whichever way - HE SCORES GOALS

In fact, go on the stats - if you want premier only - ITS EVEN BETTER !!

Cheers for that

219 permier games - 85 goals

comprising of

16 in 36

13 in 30

13 in 34

12 in 37

15 in 31

4 in 14

5 in 21

So I reckon his worst real season of 12 goals has only been bettered once in one season by Juan pablo Angel (16 goals) and one by Dwight Yorke (17 goals) since the season 93-94 when Deano got 15 !

Yes - truely shite yakubu is !

Those figures dont even add up to 85 :?

Because I just put in his premier league stats.

The other season was his first for Pompey - 14 games , 7 goals in the Championship so add that one for the complete total.

But, again, those stats just make it even better as the one I left out was a 1 in 2 record !

Don't make any sense...

To be fair, you first counted Premiership games and then all goals from all competitions....I picked up on it, you didn't respond.

Then you say 12 was a higher number than 13.... :lol:

Now those stats are wrong and you somehow can't just correct yourself by saying

"it should say 78 in 205 games"

Oh just leave it AVFC.

Listen - dont listen to to me.

Go on any website you like.

Skysports , Evertons, BBC, ITV, Wikipedia

Have a look at his figures.

Whether you agree or not THEY ARE THE FIGURES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So just drop it !

In fact here you go (a complete cut and paste, I didnt do it like this originally as , as you will see, it looks confusing, but here it is for you to enjoy)

2002–03 Portsmouth First Division 14 7 - - - 14 7

2003–04 Premier League 36 16 4 1 2 2 - 42 19

2004–05 30 13 2 2 3 2 - 35 17

2005–06 Middlesbrough Premier League 34 13 7 4 2 0 13 2 56 19

2006–07 37 12 8 4 - - 45 16

2007–08 Everton Premier League 31 15 1 0 3 3 6 3 41 21

2008–09 14 4 0 0 1 0 2 1 17 5

2009–10 21 5 0 0 2 1 8 0 29 6

Total England 219 85 22 11 13 8 29 6 277 108

Career Total 213 82 22 11 13 8 29 6 277 108

So it is either 85 LEAGUE goals in 213 appearances in England

or