Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Palacios was 15million plus!

not for wigan he wasnt

berbs was 10 odd millon and sold for 3 times as much

modric was a quality player who cost 3m more than downing

Although, to be fair, Modric was pretty poor in his first season and their were questions as to whether he could cope with the premiership. He has since shown he can.

Lets hope Downing comes good in his second season too!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not for wigan he wasnt

I thought Downing cost £10 million with £2 million in add-ons? So no Modric didn't cost three million more, it's more like 6.5 million more. I'm sure a fully fit Downing will show his worth next season.

What about the likes of Osbourne, Beye or Salifou...

The are seemingly out of contention. Will they go?

And what about the reserve ones like Herd, Hogg, Parish, Lowry, Baker or O'Halloran?

Can they make the step up? Or will they be sold/released soon?

I thought Downing cost £10 million with £2 million in add-ons? So no Modric didn't cost three million more, it's more like 6.5 million more. I'm sure a fully fit Downing will show his worth next season.

i would much rather pay an extra 6.5 million for Modric than have Downing

i would much rather pay an extra 6.5 million for Modric than have Downing

:!:

not for wigan he wasnt

Although, to be fair, Modric was pretty poor in his first season and their were questions as to whether he could cope with the premiership. He has since shown he can.

He was excellent right from the start. Even though Ramos played him too deep and we struggled as a team, Modric was class. He was even praised in the media, yet now the media seem to have rewritten history and convinced themselves he struggled to start with and therefore non Spurs fans read it and hold the same opinion. It's not true, he was our best player and only reason to be cheerful in the fist half of the 2008/9 season. The only time he's had poor form for us for a couple of months this season when he came back from his broken leg. But by the last 6 weeks of the season he had fully recovered and was back to normal.

not for wigan he wasnt

He was excellent right from the start.

I respectfully disagree. He was gash at first.

Good now though.

Ozil would have commanded a fee of about 20 million before World Cup and its rising. I think he will go to Bayern like most other top German players do.

MON should have got in there after last year Under 21 championship when he wasnt as well known

We're now linked with Pienaar, seems ridiculously unlikely to happen given all the circumstances.

Wont happen but if he joined. Villa Park should be a cauldron of vuvuzelas :lol:

The mental image of VP full of vuvuzelas :lol:

Cannot see us competing too much with Spurs this summer sadly though... For obvious reasons like CL footy & London/Birmingham Plus of course that little matter of size of wages!

We're now linked with Pienaar, seems ridiculously unlikely to happen given all the circumstances.

Wont happen but if he joined. Villa Park should be a cauldron of vuvuzelas :lol:

The mental image of VP full of vuvuzelas :lol:

Cannot see us competing too much with Spurs this summer sadly though... For obvious reasons like CL footy & London/Birmingham Plus of course that little matter of size of wages!

i was under the impression Spurs had quite a decent wage structure. Didnt think they had anyone on much more than £60k - £70k per week.

Yeah still slightly higher than ours though as an average i assume? & now i guess they will be upping that with CL money coming in? Admittedly a few assumptions made with that but seems likely as they must be aware they need to start paying bigger wages to compete at their "new" level?