Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Yukubu looks like he is in his mid 30s, his Nigerian age of 27 confirms that.

I agree that he would offer nothing more than Carew, futhermore Carew has the heading ability that Yakubu does not.

If we are going to be spending £9m+ on a striker it should not be on one going downhill.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isa not cheating figures, I cutted and pasted.

But which one are you on about - goals per season - which means he has scored more goals every season in England apart from the two injury hit ones , than any other Villa player apart from Peter Withe and Dwight Yorke

Or premier League goals

Which means he has scored more than any other player than Dwight yorke or Peter Withe.

Coz whichever way - HE SCORES GOALS

In fact, go on the stats - if you want premier only - ITS EVEN BETTER !!

Cheers for that

219 permier games - 85 goals

comprising of

16 in 36

13 in 30

13 in 34

12 in 37

15 in 31

4 in 14

5 in 21

So I reckon his worst real season of 12 goals has only been bettered once in one season by Juan pablo Angel (16 goals) and one by Dwight Yorke (17 goals) since the season 93-94 when Deano got 15 !

Yes - truely shite yakubu is !

So I reckon his worst real season of 12 goals has only been bettered once in one season by Juan pablo Angel (16 goals) and one by Dwight Yorke (17 goals) since the season 93-94 when Deano got 15 !

Talk about a short memory.

Gabby beat that last season. As did Carew in 2008.

bearing in mind a good forward nets 15 goals per season (League) - this magic figure of 20 is rarely got and if so, only by real quality or a real scorer - ie Ronaldo, Shearer, Drogba, Bent etc...

And Gabby 23 having scored 45 league goals.

If he scores 15 a year - which we would take like a shot giving on it has been done twice in a Villa shirt in 17 years - he would be nearly 29 when he hit the goals yakubu has

That shows how impressive Yakubus goalscoring record is !

It isa not cheating figures, I cutted and pasted.

But which one are you on about - goals per season - which means he has scored more goals every season in England apart from the two injury hit ones , than any other Villa player apart from Peter Withe and Dwight Yorke

Or premier League goals

Which means he has scored more than any other player than Dwight yorke or Peter Withe.

Coz whichever way - HE SCORES GOALS

In fact, go on the stats - if you want premier only - ITS EVEN BETTER !!

Cheers for that

219 permier games - 85 goals

comprising of

16 in 36

13 in 30

13 in 34

12 in 37

15 in 31

4 in 14

5 in 21

Yes - truely shite yakubu is !

07-08 - John Carew

09-10 - Gabriel Agbonlahor too.....so not just bettered once...

If you'd actually listened to any of the point i've made which you probably didn't because you just physco type like a madman, you'd realise I don't have a problem with his goalscoring record if he's a striker who brings more to the game, but he isn't. If you are a fairly lazy striker who doesn't bring much to a team, then you need to be making up for it with 20 goals+ for a team like Villa who need to strive for quality and consistancy. He doesn't. He is like Carew, his goals scored like might good on paper but really, usually 2/3rds of a seasons performances are quite poor so in 2/3rds of the season, he's having a negative effect on the team.

Hence why people who do more than just score goals are vital. Especially considering people who bring more to the team can score similar levels of goals.

WooooWoooooo !!!

So now you are talking ALL games - I wish you would make your bloody mind up !

Gabby got 13 league goals last year - it is YOU that said "I MEAN IN THE LEAGUE" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fact

277 games - of which all but 14 were in the Premier League or cup games

108 goals

Now sorry mate, but that is IMPRESSIVE

He also got 21 goals in 41 goals for Everton 3 years ago. so where you get 16 goals from I dont know.

Maybe you are talking Premier League only.

So if you are, name me the last Villa player to get 16 league goals in a season ? - maybe Dwight Yorke did, I dont know, but certainly Peter Withe

So Yakubu 3 years ago scored more goals than any forward has for the Villa in 30yrs

And you wouldn't want that

What the hell do you want Messi and Ronaldo !

Oh by the way. he also got 5 goals in the league last year from 21 virtually all Substitute appearances - which was only 6 behind Gabby who played every game !

or another way, 3 years at Eberton , 68 games of which 20 ish from the bench, 28 goals.

Hmm - seems to me you are slightly underestimating Yakubus ability - surely you can see that !

Not bad really for a fat, washed up injury prone has been really is it !

I said Premiership. Can't you read? :?

Also, I know he scores goals, maybe perhaps some of us believe that goals aren't everything in a striker especially if the player is overweight, doesn't work very hard, isn't exactly a team player i'd say and contributes little but 12-15 goals a season (on a good season)....for me I don't see any difference from what I see in Carew than Yakubu. Yeah goals but most of the time, very fustrating, unfit and uninterested.

Right, so on page 135 you say this

Then coz I show you are wrong, on page 137 you say gabby and Carew scored more goals overall - please make you mind up - you are making yourself look silly

Gabny 2009 - 2010 - 13 LEAGUE goals (which YOU are going by)

Carew 2008 - 13 LEAGUE goals

both their BEST figures - and we are talking Yakubus WORST -and they are the same !

WooooWoooooo !!!

Gabby got 13 league goals last year - it is YOU that said "I MEAN IN THE LEAGUE" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was me but I'm pretty 13 is a higher number of 12. :?

WooooWoooooo !!!

Basic stuff I know, but thirteen is actually a higher number than twelve.

Take a sock off if you run out of fingers.

Incidentally, you're getting yourself confused. AVFC-Prideofbrum is the chap you're discussing goalscoring records with.

85 goals in 219 premier league games including sub apps

find me a better striker than that for £10 million- it's a no brainer for me

Michael Owen.

But I'd stay away from him for the SAME reasons.

These players had good records once, but don't look anything like they're capable of ever doing it again.

The worrying thing is you (and some others too) would be happy for us to spunk £10m up the wall on this type of player. It's a very high risk signing and £10m doens't grow in Randys garden.

If you (and others) are basing your point on stats then you may as well argue a case for signing Ian Rush for £10m!!

Fact

277 games - of which all but 14 were in the Premier League or cup games

108 goals

Now sorry mate, but that is IMPRESSIVE

He also got 21 goals in 41 goals for Everton 3 years ago. so where you get 16 goals from I dont know.

Maybe you are talking Premier League only.

So if you are, name me the last Villa player to get 16 league goals in a season ? - maybe Dwight Yorke did, I dont know, but certainly Peter Withe

So Yakubu 3 years ago scored more goals than any forward has for the Villa in 30yrs

And you wouldn't want that

What the hell do you want Messi and Ronaldo !

Oh by the way. he also got 5 goals in the league last year from 21 virtually all Substitute appearances - which was only 6 behind Gabby who played every game !

or another way, 3 years at Eberton , 68 games of which 20 ish from the bench, 28 goals.

Hmm - seems to me you are slightly underestimating Yakubus ability - surely you can see that !

Not bad really for a fat, washed up injury prone has been really is it !

I said Premiership. Can't you read? :?

Also, I know he scores goals, maybe perhaps some of us believe that goals aren't everything in a striker especially if the player is overweight, doesn't work very hard, isn't exactly a team player i'd say and contributes little but 12-15 goals a season (on a good season)....for me I don't see any difference from what I see in Carew than Yakubu. Yeah goals but most of the time, very fustrating, unfit and uninterested.

Right, so on page 135 you say this

Then coz I show you are wrong, on page 137 you say gabby and Carew scored more goals overall - please make you mind up - you are making yourself look silly

What? The post of me saying by your way of thinking was clearly sarcastic and your probably the only person who

1. Didn't realise

2. Can't count.

How did you prove me wrong. :? You counted ALL goals alongside premiership goals. In what way was I proved wrong.

Mate, no offence, but once again you are looking daft and it's not cause of me at all, it's because of yourself, anyone else could have this arguement and pick you up on the constant errors and mistakes.

Michael Owen.

These players had good records once, but don't look anything like they're capable of ever doing it again.

The worrying thing is you (and some others too) would be happy for us to spunk £10m up the wall on this type of player. It's a very high risk signing and £10m doens't grow in Randys garden.

If you (and others) are basing your point on stats then you may as well argue a case for signing Ian Rush for £10m!!

fair enough I can see your point, I think we could get Yakubu for less than £10 million to be honest. Imo, it's Bent or Yakubu or no-one, I'm fed up seeing people saying they'd be happy with strikers like Eduardo who isn't fit to lace Bent's boots

Michael Owen.

fair enough I can see your point, I think we could get Yakubu for less than £10 million to be honest. Imo, it's Bent or Yakubu or no-one, I'm fed up seeing people saying they'd be happy with strikers like Eduardo who isn't fit to lace Bent's boots

Yeah but nor is Rooney in your opinion. :?

Bent would cost £20+ million, we haven't got that sort of money to sign on a player who really isn't that good.

why Yakubu or no-one? Kevin Doyle in a season at Villa would probably score around 12 goals, Yakubu might get 15 maximum if he even stays fit throughout a season. You can't deny that someone like Kevin Doyle would also add alot more to the game in terms of hard work, holding the ball up, retaining possesion, consistancy etc...