Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Yep - I'll take a lazy shit who will score shed loads of goals cheers,

Would make a bloody change from the likes of Angel that would cover every blade of grass between Birmingham and Edinburgh in 90 minutes apart from the actual bit that mattered - the 6 yard box !.

I always remember a priceless comment around 8 years ago from about 3 rows in front of me on the Holte.

"You can F*** off Dublin , you do F*** all apart from score"

That sums up Villa fans to a T that does , would prefer a hard working journey man, to quality that wins games.

By the way,

talking of Lazy v talent.

Can you name me how many shots Drogba had in the Semi Final against us , or in fact , any contribution he made.

Answer

He did sod all until he put the ball in the net.

AND

Torres v us , exactly the same at Villa Park

Forwards are not paid to work their socks off.

Forwards are there to win you matches.

maybe that is where we differ, some idolise Angel - to me , he was a waste of space - I idolised Dean Saunders , Peter Withe, Andy Gray and Dwight Yorke - forwards that scored goals !

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep - I'll take a lazy shit who will score shed loads of goals cheers,

Would make a bloody change from the likes of Angel that would cover every blade of grass between Birmingham and Edinburgh in 90 minutes apart from the actual bit that mattered - the 6 yard box !.

I always remember a priceless comment around 8 years ago from about 3 rows in front of me on the Holte.

"You can F*** off Dublin , you do F*** all apart from score"

That sums up Villa fans to a T that does , would prefer a hard working journey man, to quality that wins games.

By the way,

talking of Lazy v talent.

Can you name me how many shots Drogba had in the Semi Final against us , or in fact , any contribution he made.

Answer

He did sod all until he put the ball in the net.

AND

Torres v us , exactly the same at Villa Park

Forwards are not paid to work their socks off.

Forwards are there to win you matches.

maybe that is where we differ, some idolise Angel - to me , he was a waste of space - I idolised Dean Saunders , Peter Withe, Andy Gray and Dwight Yorke - forwards that scored goals !

But he doesn't score a shed load of goals :? he usually scores 12-13 goals a season if he plays around 30 games. We are not talking about a 20 league goal per season striker. If the guy scored 25 goals a season then it's obviously something different but he doesn't. He scores similar to Gabby and Carew.

Also the likes of Drogba and Torres do alot in games and score alot of goals. That's the difference, Drogba and Torres score and perform almost every match. The likes of Yakubu, turn up every 1 every 3 or 4 games which isn't good enough for a team like us. When you are a top 6 team, you need consistant players who can perform every week because in order for a team that's quality is probably of a 7th/8th placed finish, in order to finish higher and where we want to be (4th) you need all your players to perform almost every game to a good level. It's not like Chelsea where Drogba can play poor, Lampard, Anelka, Malouda can all step in and Chelsea will generally dominate the game anyway. Usually unless both strikers play well, we don't win games hence why although Carew scores goals, we returned less points with him in the side because when he didn't play well, we don't win because you haven't got the quality to carry a player.

Yes it's important for a player to score goals but like Carew, in my opinion Yakubu doesn't score enough to make his lack of contribution to the team on a consistant basis to make him the worth of payinf £9....he's will score about 12-13 goals here. We could buy a striker who can do that and add alot more to the game than that.

2002–03 Portsmouth First Division 14 games 7 goals

2003–04 Premier League 36 games 19 goals

2004–05 30 games 17 goals

2005–06 Middlesbrough Premier League 34 games 19 goals

2006–07 37 games 16 goals

2007–08 Everton Premier League 31 games 21 goals

2008–09 14 games 5 goals

2009–10 21 games 6 goals

Total England 219 games 108 goals

There you go - his record.

19 goals, 17 goals, 19 goalsm 16 goals, 21 goals, 5 goals in 14 games , 6 goals in 21 subsitute appearances.

Now they are the stats - not made up.

Where are you getting this 12 goals a season from, as from what I can see , apart from his last two (where he sufferred the same injury as Bouma and still came back to score a ratio of 1 in 3 from the subs bench) , he hasn't failed to score less than 16 goals.

Oh and by the way - take out the last two seasons and he would have a ratio of BETTER than Drogba.

And . although I cant find this, I am pretty sure he has scored more Premier League goals apart from Henry and Van Nistlerooy - sure I saw that somewhere.

Name me a better player we can attract for the money we got.

I had this exact argument this time last year over Bent with you - what the hell have you got against forwards that score goals ?

tell me - coz I cant see it

On Shorey, how long is his contract, does anyone know?

*A three year contract signed in 2008 apparently so he's out of contract at the end of next season *

I'm fed up of our players being near to expiry on their contracts, how about a pair of seven year deals for Young and Agbonlahor, that'd make a refreshing change.

Yeah but if I'm honest, you probably believe Yakubu is better than Rooney so it's hard to take your opinion on strikers that seriously without being harsh.

Doyle and Keane for example would score similar amount of goals in a season but offer alot more consistancy and help the team in terms of possesion, hard work and the way the team plays.

However, I'm sure if our scouts looked hard enough abroad there is a couple of very good players about.

From Premiership realistically for £8-12 Million.

I think these players would be better investments:

Eduardo,

Keane,

Doyle,

Kalinic,

Rodallega.

Probably in that order.

I wouldn't be fuming if we sign Yakubu but my point is, if we want a fairly lazy player who knows where the goal is, we have Carew. So we'd be paying £9 million for basically a slightly (never know, could be older!) younger version than Carew when well, we have Carew.

2008–09 14 games 5 goals

2009–10 21 games 6 goals

19 goals, 17 goals, 19 goalsm 16 goals, 21 goals, 5 goals in 14 games , 6 goals in 21 subsitute appearances.

Where are you getting this 12 goals a season from, as from what I can see , apart from his last two (where he sufferred the same injury as Bouma and still came back to score a ratio of 1 in 3 from the subs bench) , he hasn't failed to score less than 16 goals.

Oh and by the way - take out the last two seasons and he would have a ratio of BETTER than Drogba.

And . although I cant find this, I am pretty sure he has scored more Premier League goals apart from Henry and Van Nistlerooy - sure I saw that somewhere.

I had this exact argument this time last year over Bent with you - what the hell have you got against forwards that score goals ?

Well obviously cancel first division goals.

Also talk about cheating the records.

You've counted Premier League games but then counted his goals in cup competitions. His actual record is:

03-04: 36 games, 16 goals.

04-05: 30 games, 13 goals.

05-06: 34 games, 13 goals.

06-07: 37 games, 12 goals.

07-08: 33 games, 15 goals.

08-09: 14 games, 4 goals.

09-01: 21 games, 5 goals.

I don't think saying he's likely to get 12/13 goals in a league season is unreasonable, considering he is likely to pick up injuries and isn't exactly in great shape.

Keane- over the hill 30 year old, best years behind him

Eduardo- wasn't great before his injury, is terrible now can't believe you'd honestly prefer him

Doyle- possibly but would probably cost more than Yakubu

Kalinic- 3 league goals?? something like that

Rodallega- raw but decent, would be a risk imo

I'd love to see him argue against that

Perhaps if he didn't try and be clever then he'd have more of an arguement.

If we was using his arguement.

Agbonlahor would have 16 goals in 33 games this season.

John Carew would have 17 goals in 32 games.

So yes, I've argued his "stats"

On Shorey, how long is his contract, does anyone know?

*A three year contract signed in 2008 apparently so he's out of contract at the end of next season *

I'm fed up of our players being near to expiry on their contracts, how about a pair of seven year deals for Young and Agbonlahor, that'd make a refreshing change.

who is else is nearing the end of their contracts? There isn't many that I'm aware of

Sorry AVFC but what planet are you on ??

You dont know how old Yakubu could be ??

Do you really think the Immegration service / various government departments / department of work and pensions / Fifa , FA and every other authority (including police as he has been done for drink driving) don't do checks on these matters ?

Yes people joke, but you surely don't believe it when people joke they lie about their age.

Do you really think Arsene Wenger bought Kanu not actually knowing how old he was ? - you really think he is that stupid !And you are just being stupid now coz you've lost the argument - "I bet you think Yakubu is better than Rooney" - Yeah, hes also better than Ronaldo, Torres and Messi as well.

He is 27 , he is a quality goalscorer , he is available at a cheap price and he is better than any player you have just stated amd certainly better than Emile heskey , and Gabby Agbonlahor.

Carew - different, Carew has the ability to be better, problem with Carew, he hasn't got the hunger to be

Now - stop being childish !

2008–09 14 games 5 goals

2009–10 21 games 6 goals

Well obviously cancel first division goals.

Also talk about cheating the records.

You've counted Premier League games but then counted his goals in cup competitions. His actual record is:

03-04: 36 games, 16 goals.

04-05: 30 games, 13 goals.

05-06: 34 games, 13 goals.

06-07: 37 games, 12 goals.

07-08: 33 games, 15 goals.

08-09: 14 games, 4 goals.

09-01: 21 games, 5 goals.

I don't think saying he's likely to get 12/13 goals in a league season is unreasonable, considering he is likely to pick up injuries and isn't exactly in great shape.

Do you really think the Immegration service / various government departments / department of work and pensions / Fifa , FA and every other authority (including police as he has been done for drink driving) don't do checks on these matters ?

Could I possibly interest you in a big bag of magic beans?

Sorry AVFC but what planet are you on ??

Yes people joke, but you surely don't believe it when people joke they lie about their age.

Do you really think Arsene Wenger bought Kanu not actually knowing how old he was ? - you really think he is that stupid !And you are just being stupid now coz you've lost the argument - "I bet you think Yakubu is better than Rooney" - Yeah, hes also better than Ronaldo, Torres and Messi as well.

He is 27 , he is a quality goalscorer , he is available at a cheap price and he is better than any player you have just stated amd certainly better than Emile heskey , and Gabby Agbonlahor.

Carew - different, Carew has the ability to be better, problem with Carew, he hasn't got the hunger to be

Now - stop being childish !

Nice to see you just completly ignore the fact you cheated with the stats in order to make it look better. Act as if it never happened. :lol:

Also my comment was mainly in jest about age. I believe he's 27 but you do never know, people still talk about the age of Kanu and Martins, Mikel etc...

And you are just being stupid now coz you've lost the argument - "I bet you think Yakubu is better than Rooney"

Not aimed at you....

Yeah what says Yakubu has the hunger? the hunger for food maybe looking at him (Yes that's a joke....)

He is also not better than Agbonlahor. :lol: