Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

speculation if it goes through it'll be announced next week.
ITK or LOG?

Next week? So not only speculating on the deal but actually saying it will be announced next week with Heskey still away with England and in the middle of a world cup.

Right

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

speculation if it goes through it'll be announced next week.
ITK or LOG?

Next week? So not only speculating on the deal but actually saying it will be announced next week with Heskey still away with England and in the middle of a world cup.

Right

But tell us what you really think.... ;)

Obviously bullshit.

I've heard we are announcing the signing of Isambard Kingdom Brunel on a three year contract tomorrow.

Just said in the Pienaar thread but more apt here.

We need a striker. We aren't made of money.

Yakubu

27 yrs old

Available at around 9m

277 appearances (263 in either Premier League or Cups)

108 goals

ratio - 1 in 2 1/2

That is the same ratio as Drogba.

If Drogba was 27 - how much would he cost

No brainer. If he ends up at West ham for anything less than 10m, and we don't sign Messi instead - I will be livid.

Seems bloody obvious to me, however, so did Darren Bent !

Well as you are in Ireland, would you like me to get you an invite to the Graham Norton show :D

Edit

Oh , just seen you said Hetro ! - sorry, hope no offence taken ! :oops:

I just posted this in the Pienaar thread to the response that Yakubu is overweight, it is obviously more suited here so I have copied the below

Well in that case, this is where Martin O'Neills famed "man management" woul come in wouldn't it.

yakubu has the ability, there is no doubt at all.

He had a bad injury that kept him out of the 2009 season and due to that , was mainly used as sub last season.

MON is supposedly the best in bringing these type of players to the fore.

It seems bloody obvious to me.

Pick up a player with all the ability, but is cheap due to "issue"

Get them to perform to their best.

As I said, seems obvious choice to me.

And if we could also get Keane for a combined fee of around 15m.

Sell Heskey to Stoke for 3 , Carew to who-ever for 2 (remember last year of contract)

A strike force of Gabby, Yakubu, Keane and Delf for net spend , 10m , all different types of players that would give us options.

Bloody easy this management lark, no wonder shoe salesmen and interpretors are the best managers ever !

How can you compare them?

1. You are comparing Yakubu to Drogba. Drogba has pretty much everything to his game, Yakubu hasn't.

2. Yakubu has suffered some really serious injuries and has scored 9 goals in his last 35 games in the last 2 seasons and is overweight and injury prone.

Also

in the Premiership,

Yakubu scored: 75 in 199.

Drogba has: 84 in 166.

So not as good as you are making out.

His highest league total was 16, 7 seasons have passed since.

In the 7 seasons that passed, in 4 of them he has reached double figures and his second highest is 15. No offence but there is no point spending £9 million on a guy like that when we have Carew who has pretty much similar goalscoring record. I don't like either as players for Villa, neither bring enough to the team for a place in the team in my opinion.

I also wouldn't have Darren Bent here but that is a tough one.

Let's face it, there is a lack of quality available strikers out there for the right price at the right age, with the right attributes for Villa to consider. Yakubu is lazy and wouldn't be a step forward on the equally lazy Carew. Bent would cost us 20mill. Keane is nearly 30, Bellamy prefers Cardiff City, Can't Control would cost us around 12mill and isn't particularly good. Boyd is free but untested at the higher standard. This isn't a great time to pick up good quality but reasonable priced English/British based striking talent. Go foreign? Who?

Fact

277 games - of which all but 14 were in the Premier League or cup games

108 goals

Now sorry mate, but that is IMPRESSIVE

He also got 21 goals in 41 goals for Everton 3 years ago. so where you get 16 goals from I dont know.

Maybe you are talking Premier League only.

So if you are, name me the last Villa player to get 16 league goals in a season ? - maybe Dwight Yorke did, I dont know, but certainly Peter Withe

So Yakubu 3 years ago scored more goals than any forward has for the Villa in 30yrs

And you wouldn't want that

What the hell do you want Messi and Ronaldo !

Oh by the way. he also got 5 goals in the league last year from 21 virtually all Substitute appearances - which was only 6 behind Gabby who played every game !

or another way, 3 years at Eberton , 68 games of which 20 ish from the bench, 28 goals.

Hmm - seems to me you are slightly underestimating Yakubus ability - surely you can see that !

Not bad really for a fat, washed up injury prone has been really is it !

Fact

108 goals

He also got 21 goals in 41 goals for Everton 3 years ago. so where you get 16 goals from I dont know.

So if you are, name me the last Villa player to get 16 league goals in a season ? - maybe Dwight Yorke did, I dont know, but certainly Peter Withe

So Yakubu 3 years ago scored more goals than any forward has for the Villa in 30yrs

Oh by the way. he also got 5 goals in the league last year from 21 virtually all Substitute appearances - which was only 6 behind Gabby who played every game !

or another way, 3 years at Eberton , 68 games of which 20 ish from the bench, 28 goals.

Hmm - seems to me you are slightly underestimating Yakubus ability - surely you can see that !

I said Premiership. Can't you read? :?

Also, I know he scores goals, maybe perhaps some of us believe that goals aren't everything in a striker especially if the player is overweight, doesn't work very hard, isn't exactly a team player i'd say and contributes little but 12-15 goals a season (on a good season)....for me I don't see any difference from what I see in Carew than Yakubu. Yeah goals but most of the time, very fustrating, unfit and uninterested.

Fact

108 goals

I said Premiership. Can't you read? :?

Also, I know he scores goals, maybe perhaps some of us believe that goals aren't everything in a striker especially if the player is overweight, doesn't work very hard, isn't exactly a team player i'd say and contributes little but 12-15 goals a season (on a good season)....for me I don't see any difference from what I see in Carew than Yakubu. Yeah goals but most of the time, very fustrating, unfit and uninterested.

Give it a rest! He's a goalscorer, there's no denying it! He's the type of player we need, a lazy bugger who does nothing but put it in the back of the net! We have more than enough workhorses who can do that job for him! He'd get a bucketload in our team, West Ham or whoever he ends up at will be getting a bargain! It's a simple game, the objective is to put the ball in the net, why complicate it? I agree with everything you've said Paul