Bollitics: The General Election 2010 Exit Poll

bickster

How Did You Vote in the General Election?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. How Did You Vote in the General Election?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Spoilt Ballot
    • Didn't bother

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sinn Fein received my vote today, just about.
Boooo

If it keeps the UUP/Con clearings in the woods out then I'm more than happy to vote like that.

I disagree with them politically on a lot of things, but it is either Sinn Fein or SDLP for me.

I know, I was joking :D

I do kind of feeling dirty voting for them though, as I dislike their candidate. :@

I was very close to putting a large X on the paper.

So you think that just because we're not as poor as those in third-world countries, we are spoiled? We shouldn't really care who gets into power?

Some people may fear for their jobs, or friends and family members' jobs, depending on the result of this election.

It may, in this respect and others, have a fairly significant effect on some people's financial situation.

That's kind of my point though.

I think the reason that I have always voted Labour is that I vote out of principle, not out of self-interest.

I grew up in a family that never had a bank account or a car or had foreign holidays or ate in restaurants, and yet I was quite happy.

And - thanks to the Labour-driven postwar welfare state - I've been immensely privileged. I've had free health care and free education, things my parents couldn't have when they were young.

Nowadays, I'm unequivocally middle-class - I work in an office; I own a nice house and a car; I have some savings; I have travelled a bit; I eat out, if I want something I can generally afford it. But if I have to cut my cloth a bit - lose the car and have to travel on the bus, say. Or no more overseas travel. Or have to move to a smaller house.... I don't think I'd bleat about it too much. Because I'm still infinitely better off than my parents ever were.

I'm well aware that there are people worse off than me. And what I have always hated about the Conservative philosophy is this whole "greed is good"/"no such thing thing as society", rampant free-enterprise, look after number one mentality.

The planet is falling apart, people are starving to death, but in this country we get outraged over the price of petrol.

Sorry, I'm rambling, but maybe somebody can see what I'm getting at.

No, in fairness I do see what you're getting at and I understand.

The only way I actually think I differ in thinking to you is in that I'd certainly not like to have to take the bus rather than have a car as a result of a change in government. Then again, I'm younger than you and have had a car since I turned 18, so I'm used to owning a vehicle and I suppose that's where your 'spoiled' argument comes in - and I can't really argue with that when you look at the bigger picture. That said, I'd still be very annoyed if I were forced to give up my car and obviously wouldn't vote for a party who I feel would force this to happen if they were in power.

Similarly, I don't like the thought of not being able to travel when I've got a job, although that once again boils down to the same argument. I've been abroad a few times at a young age and am now, essentially, 'spoiled' in that respect.

I'm thinking more of people like my mum though really, who has gone through a bad divorce and really is struggling now. She's a teaching assistant and doesn't own a car, nor could she afford one. If she were to lose her job as a result of budget cuts etc, she'd be hard pressed to find a new one and would potentially be in pretty serious financial trouble.

Some massively hypocritical things being said in this thread - and interesting to see that others have been posting for effect in the past. How sad they are. Shows the respect they have obviously for the people who run VT and fellow Villa fans I suppose, but hey again the selfish element of the party they will obviously vote for today you should expect it.

I am struggling to understand how anyone can slag off a lack of respect for Villa fans and those that run the site in one breath and on the other post on poster and call fellow Villa fans hypocritical. Surely that is also showing lack of respect for fellow Villa fans and those that run the site.

Depending on your constituency, a vote for the Lib Dems is basically a vote for Labour and Brown.

That'll be a vote for the libdems then! Got to keep that horrible, non-dom, dirty tricks, pretty-boy oik, Goldsmith out at all costs.

I still don't understand, f'ing election.

The bloke at the desk said that the white slip of paper was locally and the yellow one is nationally.

But on this website http://www3.camden.gov.uk/votes/?page_id=215 it says otherwise.

So what's what?

I asked my mum but she didn't have a clue either. I think that man at polling station is telling porkies, the woman next him was a right bitch aswell.

Im still not sure who i voted for :bonk:

Depending on your constituency, a vote for the Lib Dems is basically a vote for Labour and Brown.

VOTE NICK

GET GORDON*

VOTE DAVE

GET RUPERT

You know what to do.

*Well you won't get Gordon as the regicide within the party will take place pretty sharply once it becomes a pre-requisite for a coallition

The bloke at the desk said that the white slip of paper was locally and the yellow one is nationally.

Well, I only had one, and it was a white ballot, as we aren't having a local election. So I'd guess he had it the wrong way around.

bnp all the way and no im not a racist i just wants whats best for my area Yardley Wood if they get a seat.

In what way do you think that voting BNP is good for your area?

Well, I only had one, and it was a white ballot, as we aren't having a local election. So I'd guess he had it the wrong way around.

Thanks, i thought so. What a sham.

So it turns out i voted for Lib dem :D

I can finally add that to the poll now (10 hours later)

Can't remember who i voted for on the other one, oh well.