Bollitics: The General Election 2010 Exit Poll

bickster

How Did You Vote in the General Election?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. How Did You Vote in the General Election?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Spoilt Ballot
    • Didn't bother

I think the suggestion that she picked a fight knowing he wouldn't back down is about right.

wasn't it a bit of both ?

The unions had brought down the previous government and were flexing their muscle again ..so Thatch made a point of taking them on

The point often missed is that a lot of the mines were already earmarked for closure by the previous labour government , so Thatch or no Thatch the mines would still have gone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That pesky God must be trying to tell UKIP something, what with the Thirsk election having to be postponed due to their candidate dropping dead.

Just say that Farage hadn't have been as lucky (and by the way I am glad he survived and hope he is well) but just say he hadn't , would the vote in Bercow's constituency had been delayed? If so then presumably he couldn't have been the speaker in the next parliament?

who are going to push for lower ferry prices.

Dover booze cruises mean that much to you ? :-)

Clearly you've never gone "How **** much?" when trying to get to the Isle of Wight (where Den is from), the prices are unreal, you could get to France and back from Dover three times over.

who are going to push for lower ferry prices.

Dover booze cruises mean that much to you ? :-)

Clearly you've never gone "How **** much?" when trying to get to the Isle of Wight (where Den is from), the prices are unreal, you could get to France and back from Dover three times over.

Yup, it is shocking.

Conservative.

where are your principles man.

UKIP my arse. :winkold:

:lol: I just couldn't do it in the end Jon, too much at stake. I'm guessing it'll be the Clegg meister for you?

as usual, i pretty much agree with Mr B word for word AWOL, so i thought i'd just copy and paste his post ;-)

Where I live is a safe Tory seat.

There's almost nothing about the Tory party that I like. I also remember the Thatcher years, and there's no way on earth I'd want to go back to that type of society or Government. And I honestly don't think that the current tories are any less toxic than the last lot. Behind shiny Dave is the same mad old mix of right wing nutters, racists and climate change deniers that have led them to tie up with Fascists in the European Parliament. Cameron wrote the nasty manifesto for the previous election.

So who do I go for? The choice is only 5

UKIP - Single issue mentalists. Mad. I know what they're against, but not what they are for.

Tories - No chance. Toxic and nasty. Got the calls on the economy wrong, repeatedly.

Labour - Possibly best for my job, but they're not going to get in to Fylde, which is safe Tory, so a wasted vote. And while I agree with some of their policies, I vehemently disagree with others.

Green - I agree with a fair few of their policies, but it's a lost vote here, and some of their policicies are daft.

Lib Dem - ANother one I agree with a fair few of their policies, and there's a few which are not for me.

So the way I'm leaning is a kind of tactical vote, albeit one which won't affect the local outcome. If I vote Lib Dem and nationally they get to have a say , then hopefully a change in the voting system will come about so next time my vote will count under a changed electoral system. But that needs enough of the country to vote for them, so they can point to weight of votes. The same would apply to the Greens, but there's no chance of them holding any balance, so I think Lib Dem it is.

So, I am going to vote for the Lib Dems at about 6ish. I believe they are just about the furthest left of any of the main parties, and the only major policy i disgaree with them on is immigration (their policy on that is unworkable IMO).

Labour have let me down too many times. They've done some good and bad things these last 13 years, but i jkust don't trust them to do what they say in their manifesto any more.

More than anything else, I want a proper democracy, where the governing party get more than about 35 or 40% of the vote. I want genuine representation in the H of C. I want my vote to count.

I want Electoral reform. I want the Lib Dems.

So, in a nutshell, Calamity Clegg it will be for me, in about 5 hours time. X marks the spot.

I'm in a safe Labour seat. For the vote to swing to Lib Dem would be quite something, but you never know with Labour fielding a new candidate after the incumbent's retirement.

I'm likely to vote Lib Dem because of their policies on PR, Trident, State and Religion and ID cards.

Labour have annoyed me with their civil liberties infringements. They've basically done the dirty work for the Conservatives, known for their authoritarianism (yes I know they're against ID cards, but watch this space).

Cuts will happen whoever gets in; it will effect me to some extent, but I've never voted for my own job security or what is in my pocket at the end of the month.

Hence, I think pay freezes for people over a certain wage could alleviate cuts in essential services. But that would also have to go hand with freezes in other things like rent increases and road tax increases, for example. As temporary measures while some money is clawed back, obviously.

There also needs to be a halt in this Private v Public worker slagging match, which is entirely artificial. There are many lazy, overpaid, and unneccesary workers in both sectors, just as there are many underpaid, industrious and neccesary workers.

Maybe I'm being naïve but the country belongs to all of us and we can all do something about it.

Clearly you've never gone "How **** much?"

I'm a tax dodging tory boy with offshore bank accounts , of course i don't :-)

the IOW Crossing is officially the most expensive mile for mile crossing in the world or something , isn't it ?