Bollitics: The General Election 2010 Exit Poll

bickster

How Did You Vote in the General Election?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. How Did You Vote in the General Election?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Spoilt Ballot
    • Didn't bother

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice kick to the head...

Did he say 'are you robbers'

Shocking stuff , and no place for people like him (or his party) in Politics

saying that it will be hard for labour supporters who didn't condemn Prescott's street brawl to not appear a tad hypercritical if they now condemn this bloke

so, you want to vote for a left of centre party, but worry that doing that might let in another left of centre party, so you might vote for a right of centre party?

Okaaaay.....

stick with your principles Dem.

Unless they're Tory principles. Then you can ditch them

jon that wasnt the only reason of course i read their policies which i prefer over labours anyday. i dont trust clegg he just looks like he has no substance.

i think cameron is best candidate. and i like some of their policies more than lib dems. i think clegg will make us join the euro too which i am strongl a gainst

Nice kick to the head...

saying that it will be hard for labour supporters who didn't condemn Prescott's street brawl to not appear a tad hypercritical if they now condemn this bloke

Come on, completely different! Prescott did not kick or hit a man on the floor

Surely its supply and demand.

The marketplace dictates the price.

Sounds like Tory heaven.

Whats the alternative?

marketplace did a great job sorting out the banks.

Nice kick to the head...

Come on, completely different! Prescott did not kick or hit a man on the floor

Perhaps he wasnt quick enough.

Nice kick to the head...

fully agree Tone.

That was shocking, for a parliamentary candidate to do that. Racist thug.

First he says, are you robbers. Then when one of them spits at him (ok totally out of order) he physically attacks them, and then boots the boot in when they are on the ground.

racist thug and bully.

And now for a bit of novelty. Press Association's Chris Montcrieff reports that a candidate whose surname is "Above" and whose "Other Names" are given as "None Of The" is contesting the election in Chingford and Woodford Green, the seat being defended by Iain Duncan Smith, the former Conservative leader.

have bickster or snowy moved house?

Watching those Greek buildings burning on the news makes me wonder what life would be like under a Lib-Dem government.......
Interesting to note that the greek equivalent of the tories were in power from 2004 through October 2009 - so you couldn't really blame the current problems on the greek equivalents of the lib dems.

Guest Ricardomeister

Of the 5 candidates in my constituency it was very easy to dismiss the BNP, UKIP and Tories. Although I preferred the Lib Dems' national campaign to Labour, and I am not a fan of Brown, I voted Labour in the end. The main reasons are because the incumbent Labour MP has a good reputation and was not involved in the expenses scandal, he replied promptly to an earlier letter (whereas the Tory candidate did not even bother to reply), I had lots of leaflets from Labour but not one from the Lib Dems, the Labour guy is the only one who has stated his opposition to fox hunting, and maybe most importantly if I voted Lib Dem (who realistically cannot win the seat) then it may let in the Tories which would be disastrous imo.

My hope for tomorrow is that Brown will resign and a Lab-Lib Dem coalition can somehow be formed as I think that gives the best chance of a fairer society rather than the one under the Tories where those who have been lucky enough to enjoy greater opportunities continue to put themselves first and those unlucky enough not to have had those opportunities continue to bear a proportionately worse burden.

Nice kick to the head...

fully agree Tone.

That was shocking, for a parliamentary candidate to do that. Racist thug.

First he says, are you robbers. Then when one of them spits at him (ok totally out of order) he physically attacks them, and then boots the boot in when they are on the ground.

racist thug and bully.

He's a BNP candidate, so he's definitely a racist.

He's a parliamentary candidate (?), so probably a bully (our governing party has been full of them the last 13 years)

Thug? Hmmm, possibly, but then I defy even the most mild mannered of people to keep their hands down if they were spat on like that, and mild mannered people are generally not 'thugs'

I think the situation could have been avoided if it wasn't for the gob in the face. Is that classed as assault nowadays? Regardless, that brought the group of them down to same level as opposed to using wit and dialogue to outsmart a bigoted man. I wouldn't go as far as calling him a bully/thug as the reaction could be argued to be warranted IMO.

There is a slight difference in banking and running a ferry though.

If the ferry company sinks.........

There is. There's a lot of differences between many companies and industries. So when the right decide theat the best course of action for all of them is to "let the market decide" you know that for a lot of them they are bound to be wrong. And have been proven to be wrong. Let the market run the railways (whilst we throw ever increasing amount of subsidies at it) for example. So if the market is not good for railways, it's probably not good for other forms of transport. For instance, many ferries around the scottish isles are subsidised.