Jez

Edgar Davids has signed for Barnet as a player/coach. Seemed an odd move at first, but it appears he settled in London after signing for Spurs and Barnet are his local side. He is getting on a bit now (39) but he can probably offer quite a bit to a club like Barnet on and off the pitch.

I saw that and thought 'it won't last' but if you're right about him being settled in the area then maybe it will. Result for Barnet. I'd say he'd make an excellent coach.

di Canio's a funny one. It's his explosiveness and passion that makes him good because it is infectious. But those same qualities could ultimately be his downfall. We've seen glimpses of it already. Sure is fun to watch from afar though.

The papers saying the Chelsea have agreed a £46m deal to sign Falcao in January.

Imagine being Roman Abramovich for a moment, he watches Falcao tear them to shreds in the super cup and thinks "He aint doing this to us again, I'll sign him whatever the price"

Nigel two coker joins ipswich on 3 month contract. I thought you left villa to to go to a big European club in the champions league? The little prick

He's blamed "average" foreign players for his having to drop down a level. :)

The thing that bothers me is a number of Villa fans wanted us to re-sign him. I know we're thin in a few areas but a disruptive, overpaid and limited footballer isn't going to help. It's that strange nostalgia for former players that infects VT at times.