Jez

Only way i can see him leaving is if it funds the Ronaldo Transfer. Pretty unlikely though.

Few whispers Wayne Rooney may be nearing the exit door again ??

Oh and the only reason you're hearing those whispers is because Stan Collymore is ripping into him on Talksport.

I can see Van Persie and Kagawa keeping Rooney out of the team for a while. Fergie put a thinly veiled dig at Rooney in the program notes at Old Trafford on the opening day of the season too, and I'd imagine that was because of the state that he turned up to pre season training in, apparently he spent a bit too much time drinking and smoking over the summer which might explain his utter shitness during the Euros too. Manchester United dont need Rooney any more, hopefully he will make the most of this kick up the arse and come back to his best because at 26 he should just about be hitting his peak years.

I can see Van Persie and Kagawa keeping Rooney out of the team for a while. Fergie put a thinly veiled dig at Rooney in the program notes at Old Trafford on the opening day of the season too, and I'd imagine that was because of the state that he turned up to pre season training in, apparently he spent a bit too much time drinking and smoking over the summer which might explain his utter shitness during the Euros too. Manchester United dont need Rooney any more, hopefully he will make the most of this kick up the arse and come back to his best because at 26 he should just about be hitting his peak years.

What did Fergie say in the program notes?

Porto and Benfica are examples of what having a great scouting system in place can do.. they are also very good in the south america market.

the fact they have leniency over signing Brazilian players helps them compared to English clubs, this might also apply to other parts of south america

Porto and Benfica are examples of what having a great scouting system in place can do.. they are also very good in the south america market.

the fact they have leniency over signing Brazilian players helps them compared to English clubs, this might also apply to other parts of south america

Exactly, not to mention they speak the same language and Portugals food, climate and general culture is far closer to Brazil (and the wider continent) than Britain.

Britain is to Brazil what chalk is to cheese

I worked out of central London today and the bloke sat opposite me was a ST holder Stretford End

It was he who said to me he reckons they'll try and cash in on Rooney while they can ??

I think if £40m came in they would take it.

Official: Witsel 40M, Hulk 40M.

FC Porto signed Hulk, Falcao, and Lisandro Lopez for €11.73m euros and sold them for €114m. (stolen from twitter)

Hulk was around 20M;

Falcao 4M;

Lisandro - 3M.

Yes there is leniency with them signing players from south america too but my point still stands if they never had such a good scouting system in place they wouldn't be remaining competitive and making profit.

but they have an advantage of an open market. Villa or any English club for example cant sign best from outside EU due to work permit regulations. Look at Udinese who scouting I respect a lot more but wouldnt get a quarter of them players if they played in England

What did Fergie say in the program notes?

"If I hear a player has fallen out of love with us, and is looking elsewhere I invariably help them out of the door."

Might not have been about Rooney, but it probably was.