Jez

Open Market or not they take full advantage of what they have like most/every club should try and do.

We have advantage with the EU here do we take full advantage? past purchases will show we haven't due to having a poor scouting setup in place.. their scouts deserve praise just like Graham Carr for Newcastle does for their recent purchases (who if they sold now would make very good profits i'd imagine).

Official: Witsel 40M, Hulk 40M.

FC Porto signed Hulk, Falcao, and Lisandro Lopez for €11.73m euros and sold them for €114m. (stolen from twitter)

Porto and Benfica are examples of what having a great scouting system in place can do.. they are also very good in the south america market.

Hulk was around 20M;

Falcao 4M;

Lisandro - 3M.

Didn't check the figures myself as I said I got it from twitter, still some very good profits in place.

the Rooney thing is a bit bizarre. If United were to sell him I dont see him going to a big European powerhouse like Madrid or Barcelona as he is not good enough, which leaves Chelsea and PSG who i dont think would want to unsettle Torres and Ibra by bringing another striker which leaves one realistic club in City.

For me RVP is a much better striker though a bit older. Rooney while still a good goalscorer has lost that bit of magic he had a few years ago

What did Fergie say in the program notes?

"If I hear a player has fallen out of love with us, and is looking elsewhere I invariably help them out of the door."

Might not have been about Rooney, but it probably was.

Is it not more likely he was referring to Berbatov?

Stoke City FC ‏@stokecity

Stoke City are delighted to announce the signing of Michael Owen on a one-year deal, subject to Premier League Board approval

-

Also looks like Liverpool might be after Del Piero.

Meireiles has gone ot Fenerbahce and looks like Kolo Toure to Galatasaray

The Turks sure know how to lure their transfers over to Istanbul.

"My brother Mehmet, he owns the biggest Audi dealership in Istanbul. Here's the latest model'

"My uncle Arda has some property, you can have a flat free of charge for the entirety of your contract"

"No, you won't pay tax...every Friday come to my office and take this holdall full of $$$$"