Jez

City want Arteta. If he goes there, I'm seriously considering packing it in because it will be the final nail in the "football is ****" coffin.

Pretty much how a fair chunk of people feel about Milner

I'm hoping Citeh have switched targets from Milner to Arteta following a resounding '**** off' from our club and player!!!!

I find the way Citeh conduct their business crass and bullish - to be fair, they have the money to bring in anyone they want but they could still do that with some dignity and respect for the other clubs....

City want Arteta. If he goes there, I'm seriously considering packing it in because it will be the final nail in the "football is ****" coffin.

After last year dont think he will go cheaply and if they threw in Bellamy and Ireland would be good deal for you

I agree to a point .. but look what Everton did with the Rooney money ..arguably they improved as an all round unit on the back of it

I do wonder though could City be making other teams stronger ... if we get £30m for Milner , who lets face it isn't worth anywhere close to that , we could reasonable purchase 3 very decent players ... one maybe being Ireland who on his day can be as good / better as Milner maybe Parker and maybe Bentley

So then instead of having to play Milner , Young & Petrov etc in 38 league games regardless of form , injury ,fatigue etc we get the chance to rest and rotate players ( yeah I know we are talking MON here !!)

Meanwhile City end up with a load of high priced indivuduals who haven't gelled into a team , a manager who if he doesn't have them in the top 4 after about 15 games will be shown the door and then they start again

or City kill football ..guess it could go either way

I'm hoping Citeh have switched targets from Milner to Arteta following a resounding '**** off' from our club and player!!!!

I find the way Citeh conduct their business crass and bullish - to be fair, they have the money to bring in anyone they want but they could still do that with some dignity and respect for the other clubs....

They want both apparently. Arteta is the playmaker they want because Gerrard and Fabregas bids were "unrealistic" :x

Thats the thing that annoyed me most. How they conduct their business. They go out and make their bids public, putting pressure on the clubs to come out and have to either accept or reject the bids in public. It makes the players totally unsettled and turns their heads. They hawk them, even when players or clubs have said they are not interested, and they bully you into accepting. Moyes also said he knows that Lescott was tapped up continuously, so it wouldn't shock me if others were too.

I don't mind them having the money (well, yeah I do really) but if they conducted themselves better rather than using bullying, underhand tactics to get their players, I'd be more (a tiny bit) receptive to them.

The whole Lescott saga last summer was a big reason why the start of our season was so poor, it really did rock the whole club. I can't see City changing anytime soon though, so just gotta cross our fingers that our clubs stay strong.

Losing Arteta would be massively devastating for us, as Pienaar is already a goner. Zero creativity without them.

This City thing is going to far. I honestly think if this goes on for a number of years it's going to push a lot of people away from the game totally. I can definately say I would hate it if Villa had City's money and started conducting business in this way. I'd probably stop going. (well maybe go once just to say I've seen Messi in a Villa shirt :winkold: )

Losing Arteta would be massively devastating for us.

Wouldn't do much for your username either.

I hope for your sake and football in general Everton manage to bat City away although being honest I'd rather they get him than Milner, your comment about 'nails and coffin' though is almost word for word what I've said about Milner.

I don't get it.

How are City different to Blackburn or to Chelsea? I really can't see it as a final nail in a coffin. The richest teams get the best players and win the league, that's how it works, that's how it's always worked, ever since a certain midlands club bought up the nations finest in the 19th century.

City seem to do their business the right way to me. They don't need to resort to the methods that the Redknapps and Benitez's of the world use because they've got the money to make bids. If they like a player, they make a bid, none of this forcing the player to put in a transfer request, placing stories in newspapers and all the other rubbish that teams pull. They just make a bid. Usually a generous one too.

If they like a player, they make a bid, none of this forcing the player to put in a transfer request, placing stories in newspapers and all the other rubbish that teams pull. They just make a bid.

Not quite the case with Lescott though, was it?

I don't get it.

How are City different to Blackburn or to Chelsea? I really can't see it as a final nail in a coffin. The richest teams get the best players and win the league, that's how it works, that's how it's always worked, ever since a certain midlands club bought up the nations finest in the 19th century.

City seem to do their business the right way to me. They don't need to resort to the methods that the Redknapps and Benitez's of the world use because they've got the money to make bids. If they like a player, they make a bid, none of this forcing the player to put in a transfer request, placing stories in newspapers and all the other rubbish that teams pull. They just make a bid. Usually a generous one too.

Lescott? Everything you said happened.

none of this forcing the player to put in a transfer request, placing stories in newspapers and all the other rubbish that teams pull.

Yes, they do. The part which annoys me is when a club says no or not for sale, they still persist time and again when it's been made clear, it unsettles the player, and it affects the whole club. Rather than conducting their business in private its all out there infront of us. How come everytime they bid for a player everybody knows about it, yet every other club seems to be able to buy players under the radar and without news of it (maybe only small rumours). It's just my opinion but to me it is bullying tactics and I'm not a fan.

For the record, I hate the way Redknapp and Rafa conduct their business too.

I wouldn't buy Arteta if I were Citeh, with the money Everton would want he isn't worth it. A good player, yes. But he's had too many injuries during his career and at the age of 28 this will come back to haunt him sooner rather than later. He'll be a short term fix for a team on the up. He's better off at Everton.

Saying that, if Citeh came in with anything over £15 million and i was Moyes i'd sell.

I don't get it.

What about the bully-boy tactics Citeh used on Spuds to warn them off Bellamy when both teams were in for him? They threatened to buy Palacios if Spurs didn't back off Bellamy.

Not that I've any sympathy for Redknob or his ilk, but my distaste for that Manc shower of bastards knows no bounds.

I wouldn't buy Arteta if I were Citeh, with the money Everton would want he isn't worth it. A good player, yes. But he's had too many injuries during his career and at the age of 28 this will come back to haunt him sooner rather than later. He'll be a short term fix for a team on the up. He's better off at Everton.

Saying that, if Citeh came in with anything over £15 million and i was Moyes i'd sell.

I think the same, he gets injuries every season.

How much would Arsenal want for Fabregas?

Fabregas is better than Milner, but Fab won't go to City whereas Milner might. That makes Milner worth more to Man City. I think we should look at the Fabregas price as a guide for what we should be looking for from City

How much would Arsenal want for Fabregas?

Fabregas is better than Milner, but Fab won't go to City whereas Milner might. That makes Milner worth more to Man City. I think we should look at the Fabregas price as a guide for what we should be looking for from City

£80m it is then! 8)