Jez

How much would Arsenal want for Fabregas?

Fabregas is better than Milner, but Fab won't go to City whereas Milner might. That makes Milner worth more to Man City. I think we should look at the Fabregas price as a guide for what we should be looking for from City

Arsenal want £70 million.

blose agree 6m fee with valencia for zigic according to ssn

good signing, they are showing ambition got to say. be a good signing for them

I dont think he is so good. Rather Kevin Davies for a big man role

Indeed, he's about as mobile as Carew and is less of a goal threat, he isn't even that good in the air for his height. Valencia signed him for £20m and he totally flopped, and has only had a decent spell at Racing Santander where they pretty much built their team around him.

It's no coincidence no team had gone in for him till now, despite his agent touting him to the whole of Europe for the past 2 seasons. They're better off with Jerome.

I wouldn't buy Arteta if I were Citeh, with the money Everton would want he isn't worth it. A good player, yes. But he's had too many injuries during his career and at the age of 28 this will come back to haunt him sooner rather than later. He'll be a short term fix for a team on the up. He's better off at Everton.

Saying that, if Citeh came in with anything over £15 million and i was Moyes i'd sell.

I think the same, he gets injuries every season.

Seriously what injuries? He's had a concussion where he missed a number of games, a stomach muscle injury that was operated on so he missed the end of a season and a cruciate injury that cut 08/09 and 09/10 seasons in half. That's it, 3 injuries. Plus he's had red cards in that time, which has cut his matches down too. He rarely gets muscular injurys, and if he does, he usually plays on through them.

I don't call that injury prone.

And for the record, the surgeon says his knee is twice as strong now as it was before he did his cruciate injury..

And for the record, the surgeon says his knee is twice as strong now as it was before he did his cruciate injury..

I don't doubt what you say at all, but a surgeon saying that the operation that he has just been well-paid for was done brilliantly is hardly what you'd call independent testimony.

I don't doubt what you say at all, but a surgeon saying that the operation that he has just been well-paid for was done brilliantly is hardly what you'd call independent testimony.

Our physio said it too, and Arteta has not complained once about it since he's been back. He's also one of the best knee surgeons in the world anyway so I doubt he needs to big himself up anymore.

Sorry AG I agree, a doctor isn't likely to say "well I did my best but he is ****" is he? His knee might be 'twice as strong' or it might not be although if it is and its left no lasting affect perhaps he should have gone for a 2 for 1 and got the other one done as well. :)

Being serious though I think most players who have had a serious knee injury lose something as a result, the joint may well be medically stronger but a joint being stronger doesn't mean there are no side affects for a player.

Arteta might be the same player he was before the injury, he might not I can't say I've seen enough of him to judge. If he is I can see why City want him though.

Edit - Same applies to your physio really AG its not very likely he would say anything other than that is it.

I'm not saying he has side affects of the injury and operation but the only talking that will prove that comes on the pitch not from those people with a vested interest.

He looked like he'd not been away, as the amount of goals he scored showed, I think he ended with 6 or 7..

The main attribute people lose with that sort of injury is pace, Arteta has never been very quick so it hasn't affected him at all and I'm yet to see anything he can't do.

What I meant with that is not him praising his own work, and the physio praising him. They meant that by the sheer fact they used a certain tendon or something to put in place of the ligament, it is stronger than the ligament used to be. Nothing to do with the actual work.

i think zigic is pretty good, i guess we will see during the world cup how good he is. but they need some good crossers as he is low as hell.

will be a threat at corners thats for sure

for 6,8 though is goal scoring record is quite poor

I don't call that injury prone.

Shocker

That cos she's right, Arteta has never been injury prone. He's had one bad injury and as a result picked up a few niggles on his way back.