Jez

i think zigic is pretty good, i guess we will see during the world cup how good he is. but they need some good crossers as he is low as hell.

will be a threat at corners thats for sure

for 6,8 though is goal scoring record is quite poor

he is a poor header of the ball which isnt good for a 6 foot 8 player

I'm pretty sure there are some funny quotes by Harry Redknapp about Zigic, i'll try and find them!

yeah that will be good. didnt he say something along the lines of when he was at pompey, he didnt win a single header all night?

if your 6,8 and you cant header you have problems. i hope he is as big a donkey as most make out, but i think against the likes of blackburn, blackpool, wolves he will be effective and thats what they need

i think zigic is pretty good, i guess we will see during the world cup how good he is. but they need some good crossers as he is low as hell.

will be a threat at corners thats for sure

for 6,8 though is goal scoring record is quite poor

he is a poor header of the ball which isnt good for a 6 foot 8 player

Is that the opposite of good touch for a big man?

Seems to have a decent scoring record in the Spanish primera 19 apps with 13 gls whilst on loan at Racing Santander

Not so good whilst paying for Valencia though... 28 apps 5 goals.

He's the Serbian Heskey!!

I was gonna say Schwarzer would be a good signing for them, didn't realise he was that old.

Still, he'd be good for a couple of seasons till they find a proper long term replacement. Like us and Friedel really.

zigic said

“I did hear it through various sources Birmingham were interested in me and what really swayed me to come over was the potential of playing for such a big club in the Premier League and the potential of playing in Europe.

“It was an opportunity I couldn’t really turn down.

“I aim to be a little bit better than Peter Crouch and use my height a little bit better, maybe. I am determined to use my height and size as a strong advantage for the club.”

Zigic, who cost Valencia around £15 million three years ago, said that the fascination with his height was perhaps over-played – and opponents were usually well prepared for him.

“I can’t really see my height causing a problem to other players,” he admitted. “I play the way I play. The fact that I am this tall is an advantage but if there is a problem with defenders playing against me we will have to wait and see.”

anyone told him they are not in europe?

Maybe he heard about all these rumours of a "big Birmingham club" being linked to him.. but then didn't realise that small heath were the small Birmingham club :D

Anyone see Steven Fletcher is on his way to Wolves for £7.5m plus Hennessey & Iwelumo on loan! Did not think he was worth that kind of money I would have thought 5mil tops!

Anyone see Steven Fletcher is on his way to Wolves for £7.5m plus Hennessey & Iwelumo on loan! Did not think he was worth that kind of money I would have thought 5mil tops!

Would have liked to seen us take a punt on him but that's a lot of money, replacement for Doyle I imagine