Jez

Žigić is tripe. His scoring record at Santander was mainly due to the creativity of the players around him like Canales, Tchité and Munitis. He got found out at Valencia, and will be about as much use in the Premiership as Maierhofer was for Wolves.

zigic said

“I did hear it through various sources Birmingham were interested in me and what really swayed me to come over was the potential of playing for such a big club in the Premier League and the potential of playing in Europe.

“It was an opportunity I couldn’t really turn down.

“I aim to be a little bit better than Peter Crouch and use my height a little bit better, maybe. I am determined to use my height and size as a strong advantage for the club.”

Zigic, who cost Valencia around £15 million three years ago, said that the fascination with his height was perhaps over-played – and opponents were usually well prepared for him.

“I can’t really see my height causing a problem to other players,” he admitted. “I play the way I play. The fact that I am this tall is an advantage but if there is a problem with defenders playing against me we will have to wait and see.”

anyone told him they are not in europe?

Quality :lol: Which of the following teams are SHA going to finish above to qualify for Europe?

Chelsea - No

Man Utd - No

Arsenal - No

Spurs - No

Man City - No

Villa - No

Liverpool - No

Everton - No

That puts them 9th at absolute best. I also expect Fulham to be placed in and around the chasing pack with the likes of Sunderland, Bolton and maybe Newcastle.

Zigic was desperate.

SHA were the only team willing to play his ridiculous wages, for an aging, unproven Premiership striker who may even need time to settle. His goalscoring record a team such as Valencia is awful when he really should have got a lot more considering their attacking play. He'll soon realise he could be in a relegation fight :lol:

i just cant see him being as poor as everyone says. however the sty dwellers rely on keeping the ball and winning the ball but zigic from what i ahve heard is slow as hell and doesnt track back to defend.

it shows they will play hoofball next season, juts lump the ball fporward an hope he heads it in. BORING FOOTBALL. at least i dont have to sit and watch them eevry week!

they shoul have gone for someone like "the new messi" but can finish he suited their style of play more, and zigic the giraffe is completely different player

fletcher to wolves for £7.5m! good signing for wolves, but maybe him and doyle both buzz around the box rather than be in it, and they got heavily criticised by their own fans for only playing 1 up front at home last year

Leeds have completed the signing of former Man City and Notts County goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel.

The 23-year-old Denmark Under-21 international, son of legendary Manchester United keeper Peter Schmeichel, has signed a two-year contract at Leeds after leaving Meadow Lane by mutual consent earlier this month.

Leeds manager Simon Grayson said: "After releasing Casper Ankergren we wanted to bring another goalkeeper in and Kasper has had an excellent season at Notts County."

He added: "There were a lot of Premier League clubs interested in him, but he wanted to come here. He's got fantastic ability, he's a winner and he's determined to take this club forward.

"He has some fantastic qualities and he will provide us with good competition for places, which is what we want."

Good move for both player and club imo

heavily criticised by their own fans for only playing 1 up front at home last year

Most fans are generally delusional about their own team's abilities. If Wolves had played 2 up front last season, they'd be playing in the Championship next season. I also wouldn't put any money on Doyle being there next season. Fletcher is a good signing though. No doubt.

Good move for the player. Absolutely crap move for the club. Unless he has come on in leaps and bounds since his Citeh days (which I admit is possible) then he is a complete liability at any decent level (i.e. not league 2).

Good move for the player. Absolutely crap move for the club. Unless he has come on in leaps and bounds since his Citeh days (which I admit is possible) then he is a complete liability at any decent level (i.e. not league 2).

He has become better since he was at Citeh, and will only get better i think.

anyway they got him cheap

Dzeko's agent apparently reckons Citeh are close to signing him.

I've not seen much of him but considering (the good) half of Europe was after him last season I'm going to go ahead and assume this would be very bad news for everyone else. Though I suppose we just need to get used to this kind of news...

He's a spectacular player BOF. Big, strong, reasonable pace, but it's the skill that really marks him out. His control is brilliant, his touch often sublime. He can poach goals effectively and also bang them in, his shot is powerful, sweet as a nut and controlled.

He's basically everything someone like Ibrahimovic should be.

It pains me that it looks likely he's off to Citeh, because, as a bit of a Wolfsburg fan as well as being a fan of his type of striker, I really like the guy. And now I'll not be able to.

If he does go to Citeh, I think it's almost undoubted he'll be a success.

Dzeko's agent apparently reckons Citeh are close to signing him.

I've not seen much of him but considering (the good) half of Europe was after him last season I'm going to go ahead and assume this would be very bad news for everyone else. Though I suppose we just need to get used to this kind of news...

I'm probably one of the few people who don't think he is as wonderful as everyone else seems to. Very good player like but I don't seem to rate him as much as most others do. Just my opinion though, as I say.

In other news, word on the street is Beckford was at Everton training ground today for first part of his medical that will be concluded tomorrow...Don't know what to make of it.

Well I'll be honest with you AG. I didn't shed a tear when I heard we were 'falling behind' in the race to sign him. I just wouldn't want him to be taking up a precious slot as one of our summer signings.