Jez

Looks like Cesc to Barca will probably be this summers big transfer, which will drag on and on till the last second of when players need to be registered for champions league. Arsene will definately milk this though and get an incredible deal for Arsenal. It's a huge blow to them though, no amount of money can replace what Fabregas offers them.

Who will Fabregas replace in that midfield?

As great a player as Fabregas is, do they not really need to work on their defence before they get a like-for-like replacement for Xavi or Iniesta?

Villa in and Ibrahimavic out would be an excellent deal for them though. Ibra hasn't been very good at all and you can just see Villa slotting right into that Barce team.

They will probably play all three.

Could be something like...

-------------Valdes--------------

Alves---Puyol---Pique---Maxwell

------------Busquets------------

--Fabregas---Xavi-----Iniesta

--------------Messi-------------

--------------Villa-------------

I'm not sure they'll abandon their 4-3-3 system which they've played pretty much forever and i'm pretty certain Pedro will be a regular starter next season after his phenomenal season. In my opinion Cesc has the ability to slot into any position in midfield, it's just a case of bringing in better players all the time when you're at the top, I don't think anyone would need to worry about how he would fit in.

Front 3 of Messi - Villa - Pedro will be nailed on next year I'm sure.. which leaves Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas in midfield. Unless one of those three will play deeper in the Yaya Toure / Busquets role, then one has to miss out.

No.

It'll be Iniesta, Messi, Villa upfront.

Well Messi and Iniesta floating, mainly Iniesta from the left, Messi anywhere.

Iniesta has played on the left a few times, don't see why they wouldn't adopt that again.

Pedro also playing at times and having middle 3 of Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas which i'm sure with the amount of possesion Barca have, they could do.

No.

It'll be Iniesta, Messi, Villa upfront.

Well Messi and Iniesta floating, mainly Iniesta from the left, Messi anywhere.

Iniesta has played on the left a few times, don't see why they wouldn't adopt that again.

Pedro also playing at times and having middle 3 of Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas which i'm sure with the amount of possesion Barca have, they could do.

They really do like to have a midfielder that sits back though, whether it be Keita, Toure, Busquets or even Marquez, who people have forgotten about after his long injury problems. I'm pretty sure Cesc could even do a decent defensive job aswell when needed. Either way, it's just scary how good their squad is. I think they might sell Toure this summer though.

Plan if they sign Fabregas is to play Iniesta on the left which i think will be a waste of great talent as he is 10 times better than Fabregas

Maybe a slight exaggeration :) but i agree, as would most people in world football that Iniesta is the better player, it's just phenomenal how little he gives the ball away and how much he makes work from such tight situations. Fabregas plays with a differen't personality though, he's a leader with a driving force, maybe they are thinking about a long term replacement for Xavi. I have no doubt that he will settle, but the personality clashes might be interesting to see.

Think Iniesta is a great player but it's not a waste. By playing on the left it doesn't mean standing on the left, just a free role but defensively more on the left instead of the middle.

He also doesn't score many goals for an attacking midfielder so Fabregas would offer goals from midfield, aswell as creativity, rarely giving the ball away and driving from midfield so he is more productive than Iniesta.

Fabregas has told Wenger he wants out of Arsenal to return to Barca - cue mass exodus of stars (IMO)

What stars?

Other than Van Persie I'm not sure they have any which is kind of the problem, they have some very good players but stars? Nah only two and one wants to go already.

Arshavin when on form is very good.

I dont see it myself but Nasri is supposed to be a star well. After Fabregas, Van Persie, Arshavin and maybe Song their is nothing there

Clichy is good but not even close to Evra or Cole.

Sagna is one of the better right backs but again nothing special.

Vermaelen is a very good defender but again don't think world class.

Without Fabregas they will struggle and have done without him (if anyone has any stats about games with and without him would be interesting...)

that said, if they can take £40-50 million and Wenger can use that wisely and they bring in 2/3 very good players aswell as using other money available then they could rebuild properly, that said will Wenger buy players for now and not buy potential like usual?

that Chamakh is joining, aswell as having Van Persie. Nasri, Arsharvin very good players. Song is also good, Sagna, Clichy, Vermaelen good enough.

If I was Wenger (providing selling Fabregas), i'd go for David James, Phil Jagielka, Van Der Vaart, Gareth Barry, Marouane Chamakh. (Got to think about homegrown rule too)

James

Sagna Jagielka Vermaelen Clichy

Song Barry

Nasri VDV Arsharvin

RVP.

Gallas, Eboue, Gibbs, Campbell, Denilson, Diaby, Walcott, Rosicky, Wilshere, Chamakh, Bendtner etc...

Yeah I think Arsenal need a nonsense english centre half in there alongside Vermaelen. Might aswell go for a thou shalt not pass combination. Jagielka, Cahill have both been linked recent and fit the bill as does Shawcro...........only joking!

Interesting that Wilshere has done very well playing for Bolton in central midfield. Maybe a bit too early to be talking about him as a Cesc replacement but that's a long term option.

If I was Arsene myself, I'd try to get Yaya Toure in the deal, I'd then do everything to get Gourcuff from Bordeaux and link him back up with Chamakh, very possible with Blanc leaving them too. I think Clichy is a good player, but had a poor season last and I really like Sagna, they do need a partner for Vermaelen, and I think a move for Robert Green is very possible, although I think he's very average.

Green

Sagna ____ Vermaelen Clichy

Song Yaya Toure

Nasri Gourcuff Van Persie

Chamakh

Not a fan of Arshavin, and Walcott is not ready to start for them yet.