Jez

We had to move quickly to secure his services when he became available, especially as there was understandably so much interest in him from around Europe and back in Germany.

Hahaha do they ever stop.

hitz should and will be welcomed back by villa fans

he has been agentleman since he left. welcome backder hammer!!!!!!

oh hes one of the few ex-Villa players in the league next season that should get a good reception if they return to VP, as you say, never put a foot wrong since leaving, but....

hopefully he realises he will be our bitch for two games a season :mrgreen: , hopefully he also realises that he's working for three of the most objectionable words removed to ever to grace this league's boardrooms

Mixed feelings on this.

I'd be gutted if I thought he would massively improve West Ham, but I don't. Not a bad signing for them, mind.

My heart will sink a little when he lashes in his first belter for them, though.

Welcome back to England Tommy.

A comment over on kumb about Hitz

[Hitz is a] Robust midfielder - good technique, poweful shot, decent engine. Not sure he's all that creative, but was one of their stand-out players when he played for Villa.

They all seem very enthusiastic about this signing.

I'm devastated. He played for two of my favourite teams in England. Now I have to see him in the right colours, wrong team. Pah!!

Suggest a name change might be in order for you mate. :winkold:

I'm devastated. He played for two of my favourite teams in England

Erm, I know it's late but I am really struggling to think what the second team in England he played for is?

He had a loan spell at a lower league club when he first came to us I think, but apart from that I thought we were his only English club up to now?

(Unless your two favourite teams are Aston Villa and Aston Villa Reserves)

A comment over on kumb about Hitz

[Hitz is a] Robust midfielder - good technique, poweful shot, decent engine. Not sure he's all that creative, but was one of their stand-out players when he played for Villa.

They all seem very enthusiastic about this signing.

Quite a good little player, yet I don't remember him being one of our standout players at any point in all honesty. He could score a nice belter, although I never thought he was a brilliant player or anything.

Good luck to him though. He has never said a word against us and seems like a good bloke. Let's welcome him back to VP when we play West Ham.

You answered your own question. Villa & Chesterfield.

Correct. I am a Chesterfield man born and bred. Became a Villa fan through default because of the family. But I attend Chesterfield games and have always supported them.

But anyway, I'll keep the name because he made me go mental with his left foot piledriver against blues in the 2:2 draw.

I'd take petrov out of that list of citeh rejects.

Decent player, but not for us I think. He is 31 now and will want a three or four year deal. Would we really offer that to a player who is just going to sit on the bench? Another case of looking at the fee first and everything else second I think.