Jez

Steven Fletcher on his way to Wolves from Burnley for around £7m, decent player but not worth that.

I think they've paid top dollar. It's about the top end of what he's worth at the moment but he's one of those players who could well be worth more than that at the end of next season - similar to what Wolves have done to Doyle in fact.

boateng looks like he's signing for city before the world cup, really good young player IMO but sky are already running interviews about him playing CB, whenever ive seen him he's a right back, hopefully he'll be another richards

Steven Fletcher on his way to Wolves from Burnley for around £7m, decent player but not worth that.

I think they've paid top dollar. It's about the top end of what he's worth at the moment but he's one of those players who could well be worth more than that at the end of next season - similar to what Wolves have done to Doyle in fact.

Indeed he could, don't get me wrong I think he is already a good player and could be very good. I just think its a touch too much especially if up front rather based on add on's, anyway a good signing for Wolves for sure.

I think Doyle and Fletcher could be very effective partnership.

£29 million is a derisory offer imo

Cesc is a good player but I think £29m is about right. He aint worthy of being one of the most expensive players of all time.

Not even close to being 'about right' given that Man City offered £20m for Milner who is two years older and not even close to the level of Cesc at this moment in time.

I know its City and they have money to burn but prices paid in the market in the last couple of years dictate that he is worth more than £29m in my view.

You cannot even begin to compare what City pay for players and what everybody else does. There's only a handful of players in the history of the game that have been sold for £30m+

No granted Man City are on a different level as I already alluded too but nonetheless their spending power has an influence on the rest of the market.

Berbatov signed for £31m for Man Utd, I think Fabregas is worth more than £29m personally.

The top 13 transfers of all time

1. Cristiano Ronaldo: Manchester United to Real Madrid – £80m (2009)

2. Kaka: AC Milan to Real Madrid – £56m (2009)

3. Zinedine Zidane: Juventus to Real Madrid – £45.62m (2001)

4. Luis Figo: Barcelona to Real Madrid – £37m (2000)

5. Hernan Crespo: Parma to Lazio – £35.5m (2000)

6. Gianluigi Buffon: Parma to Juventus – £32.6m (2001)

7. Robinho: Real Madrid to Manchester City – £32.5m (2008)

8. Christian Vieri: Lazio to Inter – £32m (1999)

9. Dimitar Berbatov: Tottenham to Manchester United – £30.75m (2008)

10. Andriy Shevchenko: AC Milan to Chelsea – £30m (2006)

11. Rio Ferdinand: Leeds to Man Utd - £29.1m (2002)

12. Gaizka Mendieta: Valencia to Lazio - £29m (2001)

13. Veron: Lazio to Man Utd - £28.1m (2001)

Given this list and the inflation of the fee's in the years that have followed some of these deals I personally think £29m for Fabregas is well short of his market value.

I think Doyle and Fletcher could be very effective partnership.

Could be perfect. They'll do well to hang on to Doyle now :twisted:

The top 13 transfers of all time

1. Cristiano Ronaldo: Manchester United to Real Madrid – £80m (2009)

2. Kaka: AC Milan to Real Madrid – £56m (2009)

3. Zinedine Zidane: Juventus to Real Madrid – £45.62m (2001)

That list always strikes me as odd. Zidane cost more than Kaka, Zidane was €73m while Kaka was €65m. The decline of the value of Sterling against the Euro makes Kaka look more expensive, but the deal was between two countries who use the Euro. Madrid paid more for Zidane.

As for Fabregas, its not a case of what Barcelona think is a fair price, its a case of what point do Arsenal consider the money an offer they cannot refuse. A lot of people who dont support the Villa think that £20m is a fair price for Milner, but we dont want to sell and dont need to sell at that price. It's the same with Arsenal and Fabregas, they wont sell unless the deal is excellent for them. Barcelona are offering €34m for Cesc at the moment. I think they will have to break the €40m barrier before Arsenal are even tempted.