Jez

Hitz would be better than Petrov in the DCM role

Oh lord no. Hitz is nothing but a lightweight luxury. He wouldn't get through anything like the workload Petrov does.

Hitz was lucky enough to get into a German side when they were cack. Hitz wasn't good enough to play for Villa and signing for Wet Spam shows me the level of where they are. He might sound like a big name signing for them because he's a German international, well former, as he didn't get into theit wc squad. Wet Spam are welcome to him. Thunderous shot, yeah maybe, but 12 goals in 110 appearances. meh

Re Hitzlesperger: A little disappointed due to his cult status at the club but a bit doubtful of his impact on the league next season.

He only lasted 6 months (well 4 1/2 really) in Serie A, a much slower league than the prem and probably better suited to him before being shipped out. This doesn't bode too well IMO.

He was always a top bloke when with us and had the luck to meet him on a night out - he's a really decent guy.

I hope he does well against our rivals (esp sha) but doesn't score a trademark hammer-strike against us.

Hitz was lucky enough to get into a German side when they were cack. Hitz wasn't good enough to play for Villa and signing for Wet Spam shows me the level of where they are. He might sound like a big name signing for them because he's a German international, well former, as he didn't get into theit wc squad. Wet Spam are welcome to him. Thunderous shot, yeah maybe, but 12 goals in 110 appearances. meh

You're joking right? Hitzlsperger was a massive part of the VfB Stuttgart re-build and was one of their most influential players in their Bundesliga-winning season. Unfortunately for him he's on the decline now, and I don't expect him to be making any massive waves for West Ham though he'll definately be an improvement for them. Lower half of the Prem seems about his level now.

Lower half of the Prem seems about his level now.

I'd say it's always been his level but that is just a matter of opinion. I'll enjoy goal of the month more now he is back but I still think he'll go missing for large parts of the game against top 8 sides

I don't expect him to be making any massive waves for West Ham though he'll definately be an improvement for them. Lower half of the Prem seems about his level now.

I don't see it like that. He's certainly not as good as Parker, Collison or Noble. West Ham have problems but they're not in midfield. Didn't Hitz play leftback or left wingback for Stuttgart for a while? Maybe they'll play him there cuz for me he's a step down from what they have in midfield.

Unless of course they're expecting the departure of some of their better midfielders...

I was under the impression Noble spent most of the season in various degrees of injury. If you could send Hitz on just for thunderbolts he'd be great but having to fit him in for a full 90 minutes I see him as more of a passenger.

Meh, even if he did, I think fans shouldn't pay so much attention to when players say things off the cuff that potentially restrict their careers like that. It's not like he was a local or anything.