Jez

F'king sweet! First big signing of the summer for La Viola...

Gaetano D'Agostino (Udinese to Fiorentina)

38929_hp.jpg

I had no idea this was even happening, reportedly for about £7.5m. Him and Montolivo in the centre could be an absolutely devastating pairing. All we need is someone to replace Mutu (which is sadly easier said then done) and we could be back nearer the right end of the table next season. :D

Steven Fletcher confirmed in move to Wolves.

That is a very good signing for them IMO.

Got the makings of a top player IMO. Did well with Burnley before Coyle jumped ship.

F'king sweet! First big signing of the summer for La Viola...

Gaetano D'Agostino (Udinese to Fiorentina)

38929_hp.jpg

I had no idea this was even happening, reportedly for about £7.5m. Him and Montolivo in the centre could be an absolutely devastating pairing. All we need is someone to replace Mutu (which is sadly easier said then done) and we could be back nearer the right end of the table next season. :D

Are they not similar players? So maybe a defensive midfielder would be best behind them. Cant believe Juventus pulled out of D'Ágostino transfer last year

D'Agostino's been playing more of an attacking role at Udinese, whereas Montolivo tends break up the play and provide cover for the back four. Both are capable of switching roles though. We might even scrap looking for a Mutu replacement altogether and go 4-5-1 as I imagine we'll start to bring Mario Bolatti through properly next season, plus our new boss may favour using flying wing-backs as that was his job as a player.

I like Fiorentina. They're like the Villa of the Serie 'A' in terms of current stature. A big club who are almost but not quite there but give it a good go.

I like Fiorentina. They're like the Villa of the Serie 'A' in terms of current stature. A big club who are almost but not quite there but give it a good go.

They occassionly make it into the Champions league though :(

SSN has just confirmed Tommy Hitzlsberger has joined Wet Spam for an undisclosed fee.

Not sure about everyone else but if his transfer fee and wages were reasonable I'd have liked him back as back up, think he'd be more effective than Sidwell has been. :cry: