Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

caught the first session highlights during the lunch break, that over was astonishing, well up with the comparisons with freddie v ponting. Just so good. 

Such a good victory all round though. Pleased Leach had a good second innings with the ball. 

Just a shame we lose Buttler now. On the other hand, I've always thought Foakes has had it a bit unlucky so great opportunity for him. 

Bairstow back I think, I'd put him in ahead of Lawrence I think. Broad back for Jimmy despite all that. They can both play in the day nighter maybe. 

• Like 2

😄Brilliant result ; I didn't think England stood a chance the way India have been playing. It is obvious that the victory was mainly down to the great Jeetan Patel (ex Warks) being the spin bowling coach :) 😆

• Haha 1

Where there’s human there will be error.

Even in the cricket they can manage to get pretty simple decisions wrong, thankfully they took the wicket a few balls later anyway but it’s not the point and England are a review down now.

Game in the balance, couple more wickets quickly now and England right back in it

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Where there’s human there will be error.

Even in the cricket they can manage to get pretty simple decisions wrong, thankfully they took the wicket a few balls later anyway but it’s not the point and England are a review down now.

Game in the balance, couple more wickets quickly now and England right back in it

Well they've been given the review back at least.  Having only home umpires leaves questions to be answered especially if one of them can't look at a screen properly.

As a brilliant cricketer myself, having once taken a hat trick for Walsall NALGO and once scored 20 n.o., I have a piece of advice for Chris Woakes. Sign for a Southern County or Lancashire; you might get in the England team then !! Disgraceful that he has been left out (unless injured or something).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Why was Bess dropped? I never expected to see Moeen play another test to be honest

Too many full tosses in the second innings of the last match, I think they decided his head had gone a bit.  He must be gutted not to be bowling on this pitch, even if you only land 3 balls an over you should get batsmen out.

3 minutes ago, veloman said:

As a brilliant cricketer myself, having once taken a hat trick for Walsall NALGO and once scored 20 n.o., I have a piece of advice for Chris Woakes. Sign for a Southern County or Lancashire; you might get in the England team then !! Disgraceful that he has been left out (unless injured or something).

I'm surprised they took him in the squad, he has hardly ever been able to move the ball when playing away and isn't quick enough either.  He would probably only get a game if Stokes is injured.

1 hour ago, veloman said:

I sympathise with him having been on tour for ages and not got a game, but I think the choice of Broad/Anderson ahead of him for this game was probably right, then Stone for Archer because of the pace, then the spinners. And Moeen for Bess, because he can bat (or could!). It's hard to argue with the selection, given the fungus constraints, the pitch and the oppo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

The toss won this game, whoever batted first would win.

India will win, but England's bowling was loose - Moeen in particular (rusty, I guess) and the batting was careless in several instances. India bowled better and batted better - the pitch has looked ropy from the start, though it has got worse. If England had won the toss & batted first (as badly as they did) I think India would still be on top.

• Like 3

Â