Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Just now, bickster said:

Yeah I thought Pakistan posted a decent total but Morgan made it seem very inadequate

Was pleasantly surprised to see it was televised on BBC1 so opted to watch it during my afternoon siesta 😂 

other than the 2 back to back wickets, England looked in control despite the chase total. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Was pleasantly surprised to see it was televised on BBC1 so opted to watch it during my afternoon siesta 😂 

Agreed ; now I don't have to listen to that Northern monkey Lloyd, who plainly thinks he is a third rate Working Men's Club comedian. (and he played for Lancashire !!)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Moeen needs to be dropped. Its like playing with 10 men with him in the team at the minute. 

Considering the amount of absent players for England I'd imagine Moeen won't get many more chances. 

The depth of this current England crop in white ball cricket is pretty amazing. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, veloman said:

Agreed ; now I don't have to listen to that Northern monkey Lloyd, who plainly thinks he is a third rate Working Men's Club comedian. (and he played for Lancashire !!)

I flicked on BBC and within 60 seconds Michael Vaughn said that it was time to hear from the "stat cave". I was straight back to Sky before they could wheel out Jeremy Vine with a 3D green screen infographic showing whoever gets the most runs at the end of the evening would end up the winner.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Considering the amount of absent players for England I'd imagine Moeen won't get many more chances. 

We aren't as stacked for potential second spinners like other areas of the team plus Morgan seems to always want him so I think he will be in the team for a while longer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

We aren't as stacked for potential second spinners like other areas of the team plus Morgan seems to always want him so I think he will be in the team for a while longer.

He's capable of doing much better as seen in the t20 blast semi last year

17 hours ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

I flicked on BBC and within 60 seconds Michael Vaughan. I was straight back to Sky.

FTFY

On 30/08/2020 at 18:30, theboyangel said:

I agree. Moeen can be absolutely explosive with the bat and economical with the ball - we just haven't seen either in a while. Looking at the t20 world cup next year it's pretty tough to pick a 'best xi' out of the squad!

You've got Roy, Bairstow, Banton, Malan and Root all with a reasonable shout of batting in the top 3. Don't forget Buttler has also been opening in recent international t20s - I think they'll bring him back in as a finisher again though.

Morgan Stokes is nailed on middle order. Then probably Buttler. Billings is pretty good in the t20 format too. Gregory seems to have struggled with the step up so far.

Then you're looking at Jordan, Archer, Wood as pace bowlers with Rashid as the spinner. Stokes would bowl too. I'd like Tom Curran in the side too. Mahmood is one they are keen on for the future. Sam Curran hasn't really let them down when picked either.

This is probably the side I'd pick at the minute (Roy in poor form this summer but fair enough given the circumstances):

Roy, Bairstow, Malan, Root, Morgan, Stokes, Buttler, Curran, Jordan, Archer, Rashid

Banton unlucky to miss out, as is Moeen but we have top order hitting covered and Root can always bowl a bit of spin too (two wickets for Yorks today). Root doesn't look like he's in England's t20 plans but I don't see how you can leave him out. Man of the tournament at the last t20 world cup and offers something different with the bat to everybody else.

I've probably missed out someone really obvious from that write-up too.

Edited by chappy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Another shocking performance from warwickshire tonight 

About the ONLY good thing to come out of this awful virus is that it has saved Warks from going down ! What the hell has happened down there !!

Yes a really exciting game last night. Always great to watch the Aussies fall to pieces! Excellent from the bowlers toward the end but we really do need to find a way of taking wickets in the powerplay!

• Like 2

Breaking news ! (Sir) Ian Bell announces retirement at the end of 2020 Season. What a player he has been for Warks and England; I remember when he broke into the First team with Jamie Troughton. Really hopes he gets coaching or media work (preferably replacing Spike nosed Lloyd).

• Like 4

Yes remember watching him when he was 19. Hard to believe its all over. There was a period in his career when he was the best batsman in the world but it was fleeting. Still 22 test hundreds in test cricket was no mean feet.  I will always treasure the wonderful partnerships he had with Trott. One at Trent Bridge just after Trott made his England debut i remember watching with the late Kim Jones. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 2

What a thriller yesterday, to win by just two runs! And what an amazing comeback that was by England, to restrict the Aussies to just one boundary in the last six overs, incredible! Can't wait for tomorrow's game now and I think the whole game's going to be live on BBC1.

• Like 2

Â