Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Mad end to the IPL game today 

Spoiler

Kings XI needed 13 off the final over

Agarwal went 6 2 4 to level the scores then there was a dot ball - short and through to the keeper. Next ball he played a big shot in the air to find the only boundary rider out with the rest of the field in. Batsman crossed with the ball in the air so Chris Jordan needed to knock the final ball for one to win but clipped it to a fielder! Final over 6 2 4 . W W!

Then they didn’t send Agarwal out for the super over despite him having scored 80+ off 50 balls

Super over: 2 W W - leaving Delhi needing 3 to win off their super over which they obviously got. Pooran managed to bag a pair with a duck in the match and another in the super over :lol:

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Even more insane IPL action last night...

27 off 3 balls. 6 6 7NB 7NB 1W Joffra Archer hitting two sixes of legit deliveries then hitting two more off no balls followed by a wide

Yeah I watched that. Also there was some genuinely abysmal umpiring.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

England will be batting after tea now. Done, fine but christ the sri lanka batting was poor. I saw some of their game with South Africa a couple of weeks ago, and they started off badly then too, being bowled out for 150, but this is their home territory. 2 wickets were unlucky - a run out at the non striker's end and a caught assisted by JB's ankle, but the others, particularly at the top of the order were pretty much all gifts.

Great opportunity now for the team to play themselves in to unfamiliar conditions under no pressure at all. Go for it Zak and Dom. 

:( I was about to post, we're just as bad as them. 

Sibley's at least was a defensive shot beaten by a better ball, but crawley just chucked it for no reason at all. Great opportunity wasted. 

Trying to remind myself, they've had very limited preparation and aren't match sharp, but that was a daft shot all day long

• Like 1

It sounds like Warwickshire will shortly be announcing further plans for the development of Edgbaston. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/55637439

Phase Three, aimed at the old City End of the ground, is targeted for 2023.

"Later this year we intend to reveal plans for the third phase of the Edgbaston Masterplan," said Bears chief operating officer Craig Flindall. "This will include the next phase of the redevelopment of the stadium."

The final phase of the transformation of Edgbaston, Warwickshire's home since 1885, will include the Priory and Raglan Stands at midwicket, opposite the famous Hollies Stand, as well as the RES Wyatt Stand, containing the old press box, at what is now known as the Birmingham End.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Â