Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think it's justifiable - it was so far away from being a catch, even on one viewing, that I think the Indian crowd were justified in booing Stokes for claiming it. There have been some peculiar decisions in the series but this one was as simple as they get.

I'm not sure you can put much blame on Stokes for claiming that catch. Its marginal as to whether he's caught it or not and it happens in fractions of seconds. Its one of those where he genuinely feels he's caught it.

As sharkyvilla says even if its not a catch it would be nice if they took a proper look at it rather than see it once from front on and then overturn an on field out decision. I'd have thought it was worth multiple angles and/or zooming in at least given how slow motion replays will always make a catch look less clean.

For me, he doesn't have the ball in his hand until it's rolled six inches. Initially he might have a finger under it, but if he has it rolled across that finger, he doesn't have control of it until it's rolled away from him - the review is almost to see if it would have been a legitimate catch if he'd caught it. I can't see why anyone would need to look at it twice. 

I think I should agree to disagree on this one and maybe the fact that a couple of you see it differently suggests you're right and another look might have been helpful. I'm not sure it would have been helpful for Stokes mind you!

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Ok then so why no Chris Woakes? 

Dont know, suppose Broad and Anderson have to play if thats the conditions, Archer has somehow convinced some people in the England setup he is the next McGrath so seems to play more than not. 

They needed the extra spinner thats the big issue

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PaulC said:

What i dont understand is why England have gone into this match with just one spinner. 

They got themselves in a mess by saying Bess had completely lost it for the last match with Mo now going home too.  Again I can't believe the third umpire only had one look at the sumping just now.  You could hear Stokes saying he is the worst third umpire he's ever seen over the stump mic.

Having supported the 3rd umpire on the Stokes catch decision, I've got to say that the one for the run out is disgraceful - it's impossible to tell on a single look at that replay if the foot is down or not and he had other angles available to him. Joe Root is fuming and rightly so on the evidence of that one. 

Good to get Kohli at the end, but a difficult day awaits tomorrow.

I think the experiment of home umpires over the course of the series is probably a failure.

• Like 3

I can tell England are doing well again as my retarded neighbours are screaming theirs and our house down every time Leach gets one. I love cricket/football but swearing and shouting loud enough that I can hear you next door? Word removeds.

Anyway, come on England!

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I can tell England are doing well again as my retarded neighbours are screaming theirs and our house down every time Leach gets one. I love cricket/football but swearing and shouting loud enough that I can hear you next door? Word removeds.

Anyway, come on England!

I don’t begrudge anyone finding something to get excited about after the worst year in living memory.

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don’t begrudge anyone finding something to get excited about after the worst year in living memory.

Not when your 10 year old child is trying to do his school work and the people next door are shouting “**** come on, **** hell”!!!! Non stop at the top of their voices every five minutes at 09:30. They are clearings.

Edited by Ingram85

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

This is incredible.

Root could be on for the best figures of all time.

You don’t live in Kings Heath do you? They’ve shut up after the last few wickets 😂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd love to see Joe get a fivefer. 

India lead by 13, if they can get that lead to 25 it'll be an enormous task for England. 

Have you ever heard anything more ridiculous in your life than that?

Questions need to be asked about the wicket if this ends in less than half the allotted time.

Â