Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Questions need to be asked about the wicket if this ends in less than half the allotted time.

I said in the last test that pitches like this are speeding up the death of test cricket. Its absolutely ridiculous that we're in a position on morning two of a test match where a 31 run lead for India seems massive after bowling out England for 112.

Joe Root looks like a prime Shane Warne on this pitch. A lead of 120 for England would make this challenging for India but its all a bit silly isn't it?

It’s like watching a couple of one dayers on this terrible wicket. Big grin on Roots face there, he knows how daft this match is that he’s carrying the ball off after his haul.

Edited by Ingram85

If England somehow get to 200 you’d think that’s win although I’m not sure the pitch will degrade too much further, it’s already a minefield and whilst India will be batting last it’s likely to be on a day 3 pitch, maybe even day 2 so who knows, in the balance I’d say.

• Like 1

It'll be interesting to see the approach to this - on the one hand, one strong partnership could win the game, but it might just be worth forgetting the idea of sensibly building a long innings as a batsman, accept that you're unlikely to stick around for long and see if you can get a quick twenty off a couple of overs.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It'll be interesting to see the approach to this - on the one hand, one strong partnership could win the game, but it might just be worth forgetting the idea of sensibly building a long innings as a batsman, accept that you're unlikely to stick around for long and see if you can get a quick twenty off a couple of overs.

20/20 mode

Â