Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

No idea why we're bowling spin still. We have 6 months of no test cricket left. We can't go with the quicks????

• Like 1

Broad  was wrong , the cheating won’t be the only thing Carey will be remembered for now :) 

last ball as a batsmen a 6 , last ball as a bowler a wicket … good way to go out 

• Like 3

What a send off for Broad. An England legend, an Ashes legend. One final piece of magic to level the series 

• Like 3

It has been a great series that has had pretty much everything. I think overall England have been the better team and it would have been a real injustice not to have drawn the series. I'd imagine the over riding feeling though will be that we wasted opportunities to have regained the Ashes. 

Great series, great advert for test cricket.

Woakes and Crawley our standout performers, but Stokes, Wood, Root, Brook, and Bairstow all had their moments too, and Moeen turned out to be the right pick in the circumstances.

Still think we should have won it with a little more composure at key moments, and I’ll never understand the thinking behind that declaration in the first test. But a fair result in the end

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

Not selecting Woakes for the first two tests was laughable too. A lot to sort out before India.... but at least they didn't lose the series.

• Like 1

Unbelievable ending to a phenomenal series, not quite the ending the series deserved, this game should have been a decider for the winner but hey ho.

Hard not to get choked up watching Broad take that final wicket, this is the kind of moment sport exists for.

• Like 4

Wow. At the start of the day with Oz being 100 and 30 something for 0 I really couldn't see us winning the match and I thought they'd get maybe two centuries, perhaps Warner and Smith... but no. What a brilliant turnaround from England today! I now have a bit more belief in them than 24 hours ago.

But the wait for an Ashes series victory goes on and it's unlikely to come in the next one seeing as that's away. :s It would be nice to win a match over there for the first time in ages and ages, let alone the series.

Edited by robby b

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Test cricket is f****ng brilliant isn't it?

Don't worry, we've had the cram the ashes into July so we can get to the real main event - The frigging Hundred :( 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Bloody Manchester and their miserable weather 😣

The London weather saved you yesterday breaking up our opening partnership in full flow. 

A draw is a fair result for a great series. 

1 hour ago, theunderstudy said:

No idea why we're bowling spin still. We have 6 months of no test cricket left. We can't go with the quicks????

This thread is basically therapy for you during the matches isn’t it, so endlessly negative 😂

• Like 2

Â