Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

this is the best post on the issue and sums it up to a t....

just to add, Bairstow did not look round to see where there ball was, he assumed it was dead and it was reckless from him

The ball went to Carey who through it back instantly back at the stumps

I think we are being rather salty and covering up our own misdoings and while a lot of the Nation are against it, Australia (as you would expect) have a different view of it.

This is a crybaby because he was caught, yes, cheating 

spacer.png

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The Bairstow to Marnus one isn’t even remotely similar 🤣

it’s mid over, and he’s batting outside of his crease to gain an advantage 

what advantage is Bairstow getting tapping his bat at the end of the over and walking to his batting partner?

ridiculous false equivalence to explain away appalling sportsmanship.

we’ll have people in the thread defending mankad’s next. 

I don't agree with mankads but at least with that you could say the batsman is stealing a yard or two backing up.  

• Like 4

If Bairstow didn't have that happen to him, England would have won.

Aussie's being Aussie's.

They have to do it in cricket because they're **** shit at football.

Rugby's not on my radar, but I assume they cheat at that too as hardly anyone else plays it. 😇

I honestly think this whole thing is incredibly silly and any English supporter who doesn't think Bairstow or any other English player  wouldn't do the exact same thing given the opportunity is being incredibly naive. Was it sneaky? yes, does whining about it ad nauseam reflect badly on English cricket as a whole? also yes.

curious to see what happens next game without Lyon, honestly as important to Australia's set up as any other player you could name and his absence could be a big difference maker

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

If Bairstow didn't have that happen to him, England would have won.

Aussie's being Aussie's.

They have to do it in cricket because they're **** shit at football.

Rugby's not on my radar, but I assume they cheat at that too as hardly anyone else plays it. 😇

Ah yes. Let's conveniently dismiss anything else that might have contributed to the result.....

... you know, like Stokes being caught out before hitting 50 and it not being given.

And, IIRC, we've played you twice in football (at least, in recent memory - going back 20 years). It stands at 1 a piece 😉

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Ahhh.. Brendan McCullum.

Wouldn't have a beer with the Aussies given what we just did. Clearly not in the spirit of the game. He'd never do something like that...... right?

Oh the irony.

The English being so salty about this is purely about them throwing away the Ashes. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

This is a crybaby because he was caught, yes, cheating 

spacer.png

I guess the 2005 Ashes side will be handing back their MBEs for ball tampering the entire series?

It's different when England do it though, isn't it?

6 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Ahhh.. Brendan McCullum.

Wouldn't have a beer with the Aussies given what we just did. Clearly not in the spirit of the game. He'd never do something like that...... right?

Oh the irony.

He also did it to a Sri Lankan player celebrating a team mates century

5 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

And, IIRC, we've played you twice in football (at least, in recent memory - going back 20 years). It stands at 1 a piece 😉

Apiece.

We gave you a perfectly good language, try to learn it properly please.

• Haha 1

Oh it's a perfectly legitimate wicket, but using such underhanded means to get said wicket is crap and sets a stupid precedent for the rest of the series. 

As @bobzy said, Broad was gesticulating every ball/end of over that he was in, and was checking with Carey that he considered it 'over' too. Is that really what you want at top level cricket?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've rarely seen so much whataboutism on any issue, or so little shame.

It was a crappy thing to do, lacking in any sort of class; it's brilliant entertainment and it's great for the series.

It's incredible :D 

3 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I guess the 2005 Ashes side will be handing back their MBEs for ball tampering the entire series?

It's different when England do it though, isn't it?

Australia taught us how to ball tamper!

Some of your prize cheats are currently playing in the Ashes :D 

6 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Yeah but Francis Jeffers scored past you so that one has to count as a defeat for you too.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Ahhh.. Brendan McCullum.

Oh the irony.

There is more of an argument there that in avoiding the short ball Colly's momentum took him out of his crease and he never went back in.  Bairstow at no stage was in any danger of doing it or looking to score a run and made an effort to show he wasn't going to either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â