Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

I've never done that and am a little afraid of compromising any other functionality. These are minor things so I don't want to swap them for bigger things.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BOF said:

I've never done that and am a little afraid of compromising any other functionality. These are minor things so I don't want to swap them for bigger things.

They won't interfere with each other, They run side by side and you just pick one of them. All settings are preserved for each launcher.

Fire away

It was on sale £0.10 before Christmas, Before then I was using the basic version and it's still a great alternative to the standard launchers, you'll only be missing out on a few extraneous features anyway.

LG G4 for a 9 month old phone is an absolute beast! Camera is spot on, feels perfect in the hand and the screen is lovely. Seriously, the best phone I've had since the galaxy s4.

For a 5.5" screen the g4 is actually a lot smaller than my also 5.5" screened Vodafone smart ultra 6 it's replacing. Witchcraft!

I know the g5 has been announced now but I do think the g4 is seriously an infinitely better looking phone. I love it.

It's a beautiful bit of kit, there's no way I'm getting a Samsung though.

The one thing you should be warned of, coming from iPhone, is that you're not getting updates any time soon from Samsung. Their current flagships, the S6 and Note 5 STILL don't have the latest major update of Android, which Google made available at the start of October.

Might not be a big problem for you, but it's quite the contrast with iPhones.

As I currently run a 4 year old iphone with IOS 7, I don't think not having latest version of Android will be too much of a problem :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a samsung s2 tab with lollipop. The one problem is when using a bluetooth headset with it,  it seems to mess up the framerate on nowtv and movies are not always in sync with the sound.

Got my S7 Edge. Lovely looking bit of kit and screen is outstanding... so much different from what I am used to though! 

Had my s7 for a few days. Pinnacle of mobile devices. Few bugs which they'll hopefully sort.

Incredible camera, battery, screen, quality, responsiveness. No weakness in any area.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2016 at 21:08, darrenm said:

Had my s7 for a few days. Pinnacle of mobile devices. Few bugs which they'll hopefully sort.

Incredible camera, battery, screen, quality, responsiveness. No weakness in any area.

Touchwiz?

I'm debating the switch from iPhone (which I've had since the original) to Samsung.

As stupid as it sounds, it's a hard decision. Quite daunting going to another phone. #firstworldproblems

Tell me, will the Samsung be able to play the tracks and vids I've downloaded from iTunes or will they have to be converted first?

Â