Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

4 hours ago, limpid said:

Any reason why the s6 rather than the s7? Also why the x5 rather than waiting for the next z? Which Sony do you already have?

Well the S7 is ridiculously ove rpriced at the moment! the s6 is still a execllent phone. at present I hAve the Z3. i am leaning towards the sony premium at present

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Well the S7 is ridiculously ove rpriced at the moment! the s6 is still a execllent phone. at present I hAve the Z3. i am leaning towards the sony premium at present

Ah I see, so you are consciously going a version behind for cost reasons. I got the z3+ on the same basis. It might be worth feature/price checking the z5 against the x5p though (gsmarena.com).

On 3/26/2016 at 11:08, limpid said:

Ah I see, so you are consciously going a version behind for cost reasons. I got the z3+ on the same basis. It might be worth feature/price checking the z5 against the x5p though (gsmarena.com).

Yes thats main reason for it, cost. For me I dont require the latest technology phone as long as its a upgrade to my existing phone. The premium certainly looks a step up from Z3. I am not great with the tech side but are the compact versions of the sony phones generally weaker than the main models or is the difference simply screen size?

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes thats main reason for it, cost. For me I dont require the latest technology phone as long as its a upgrade to my existing phone. The premium certainly looks a step up from Z3. I am not great with the tech side but are the compact versions of the sony phones generally weaker than the main models or is the difference simply screen size?

Please see the site I referenced. The compact Sony handsets are usually the same power as the same numbered normal size device.

• 2 weeks later...

I've realised I'm still trying to replace my Nexus 4, it was perfect in so many ways.

I've currently got a Huawei P8 which is their flagship but just too big at 5.2".

I'm very tempted by the Sony Compact range as they seem to be the only manufacturer who puts all the hardware of the big model into the compact model. Thing is there is not a huge amount between the Z1c, Z3c or the Z5c. Any advice, is it worth spending £300 on the Z5c?

Edited by Genie

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

I'm very tempted by the Sony Compact range as they seem to be the only manufacturer who puts all the hardware of the big model into the compact model. Thing is there is not a huge amount between the Z1c, Z3c or the Z3c. Any advice, is it worth spending £300 on the Z5c?

Yes. No. It's impossible to give an opinion when we have no idea what you want from a phone (other than size).

I don't do anything special with my phone tbh, need good photo capture but from what I gather all models have good cameras. The 3 & 5 both waterproof I beleive.

Surfing the net, just need 1 full day of charge as I'll plug it in each night. 

Just want the 4.6"ish screensize mainly.

Edited by Genie

4 hours ago, Genie said:

Big draw on the Z5c is the fingerprint sensor.

One feature the P8 has which I like is the double tap of the screen to wake it, do either of the Sony versions have that?

My z3+ has it, but I turn it off as otherwise it keeps waking up in my pocket.

Ordered myself Sony Z3  compact as my Huawei P8 is just too big (5.2").

I loved my Nexus 4 and hope/expect the Z3c will be very similar.

Only £149 from Vodafone but will need to spend about £10 getting it unlocked.

On 4/30/2016 at 17:56, Genie said:

Really pleased with the Z3c, it's a bit old hat now being 18 months old but it just does everything buttery smooth.

I got the Z3 and I love this phone Once my contract expires I will get the Z5 premium or the Z6 if its out. Sony phones are generally excellent although battery life is questionable

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I got the Z3 and I love this phone Once my contract expires I will get the Z5 premium or the Z6 if its out. Sony phones are generally excellent although battery life is questionable

Really? I get two days in stamina mode.

1 minute ago, limpid said:

Really? I get two days in stamina mode.

I charged my phone last night and I use (stamina mode only now) and its on 59% at the moment. i think I messed up when I brought this phone, I use to leave it on charge over night every night and I think that killed the battery. 

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I charged my phone last night and I use (stamina mode only now) and its on 59% at the moment. i think I messed up when I brought this phone, I use to leave it on charge over night every night and I think that killed the battery. 

There's almost nothing you can do to kill a battery. I suspect it's faulty. You should charge a phone whenever you are near a charger and don't let it go flat.

Yeah my Z5 lasts a day comfortably. 

I'm on 76% now and it's been off charge since 6am.

Not massive usage, but I had the sat nav on for half an hour this morning and then listened to a podcast for an hour.

I usually top up at lunch but if I don't I never run out of battery.

The only problem I'm having my my sony phone is it gets very hot if I watch stuff on it, and the bluetooth connection seems to be a bit dodgy. It sounds like tracks are skipping sometimes when it's connected to my car.

41 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah my Z5 lasts a day comfortably. 

I'm on 76% now and it's been off charge since 6am.

Not massive usage, but I had the sat nav on for half an hour this morning and then listened to a podcast for an hour.

I usually top up at lunch but if I don't I never run out of battery.

The only problem I'm having my my sony phone is it gets very hot if I watch stuff on it, and the bluetooth connection seems to be a bit dodgy. It sounds like tracks are skipping sometimes when it's connected to my car.

I have noticed that the Bluetooth with Sony phones can be abit wierd. For example connects comfortably to Sony speakers, or Samsung ones but never connects to my cousins beats Bluetooth speaker. Yet apple iPhone connect to them no problem. I think it must be done deliberately with now apple owning beats. 

59 minutes ago, limpid said:

There's almost nothing you can do to kill a battery. I suspect it's faulty. You should charge a phone whenever you are near a charger and don't let it go flat.

Ah really I heard leaving electronics on charge for long periods can damage battery life. I never let my battery die to be honest.

Â