Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Trying to install an android update on my HTC m8. It's update version 4.16.401.13 - android security patches. Every time I do it an error appears with lots of blue and green writing. It says installation aborted.  Following errors:

e: missing bitmap oem)unlock_bg (code -1) x 3

e: error in /data/media/0/download/OTA_M8_UL_ etc etc

Anyone come across something like this before? 

Ever rooted your phone or got it from a non official source?

This is what I don't get. Everywhere I read, people with the same problem have rooted their phones. I never have and my phone is still on contract with Vodafone i.e. official source.

Im eligible for upgrade so looking for tips, Currently had a Samsung Galaxy 4 active for last 2 years. 

Is the Samsung S6 Edge best phone out there at mo or new iPhone or other? 

TIA

Im eligible for upgrade so looking for tips, Currently had a Samsung Galaxy 4 active for last 2 years. 

Is the Samsung S6 Edge best phone out there at mo or new iPhone or other? 

TIA

This question doesn't appear to be about Android, perhaps the deals thread?

Trying to install an android update on my HTC m8. It's update version 4.16.401.13 - android security patches. Every time I do it an error appears with lots of blue and green writing. It says installation aborted.  Following errors:

e: missing bitmap oem)unlock_bg (code -1) x 3

e: error in /data/media/0/download/OTA_M8_UL_ etc etc

Anyone come across something like this before? 

Ever rooted your phone or got it from a non official source?

This is what I don't get. Everywhere I read, people with the same problem have rooted their phones. I never have and my phone is still on contract with Vodafone i.e. official source.

That kind of problem is normally due to the install script checking for a certain checksum on a partition and failing because if it flashed the image onto it, the sizes wouldn't match and it would brick the phone. It may well have just been a dodgy image from the factory.

I think all you can do is get HTC or a service centre to update it for you. Until you do that, it'll always have the same problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Â