Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Good price, looks nice, just a shame it's a OnePlus product.

Their customer service is shocking, combined with the touchscreen issues that plagued the OnePlus One, I wouldn't feel confident buying one of their devices.

Good price, looks nice, just a shame it's a OnePlus product.

Their customer service is shocking, combined with the touchscreen issues that plagued the OnePlus One, I wouldn't feel confident buying one of their devices.

I used to feel like that about HTC. I now have in my collection an M8 and a Nexus 9.

Marques Brownlee review of the Nexus 6P.  I'd have probably got one of these had I been in the market for a phone. It's annoying that late 2014 was just so uninspiring for Android, but I have enjoyed my year with the iPhone. 

Like **** am I using biometrics as authentication. I really don't like how this is becoming fairly common. You've seen how many companies lose user details, right? Not to mention it being saved on the device, if it's compromised. It was only a few months ago that HTC got caught keeping fingerprints on the device, unencrypted. 

You can change your passwords, you can't change your fingerprints. Well I guess you probably could, I'd rather not, though.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

My new employer has a Samsung/Apple policy. I forgot how horrible touchwiz really is. I haven't used it since the S2. Yuck!

Back on the custom roms trail we go. Hopefully I find something good/stable.

Better than my employer.

All company phones are iPhones.

Yet the company uses Google Mail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google docs, Google Keep, Google Contacts

Which are all incredibly difficult to use on iPhones!

Doesn't make sense :D

Well that's just odd thinking. That was my main gripe when I used an iphone for a while, how much worse all googleapps where. (and the lack of systemwide sharing between apps).

GMail came first as well. So the obvious thing to do would be to then use android phones because everything would integrate so well.

Nope. Fell for the iphone hype.

Anyway, massively OT.

Still haven't decided on my new android phone. Need to decide before xmas (for no particular reason)

I got galaxy s5 a few months back. It's like the Ford Focus of phones, does everything you realistically need and you can't complain but it just feels so boring. Sometimes you fancy a bit of Alfa styling knowing it'll likely break down.

Edited by Genie

I got galaxy s5 a few months back. It's like the Ford Focus of phones, does everything you realistically need and you can't complain but it just feels so boring. Sometimes you fancy a bit of Alfa styling knowing it'll likely break down.

More like a Ford Focus with a ridiculous body kit. Touchwiz is the devil (© @The_Rev).

• Like 1

More like a Ford Focus with a ridiculous body kit. Touchwiz is the devil (© @The_Rev).

Speaking of, I found my costom rom. It's called "Dirty Unicorns" Shows that Samsung can certainly make super snappy hardware, but also shows that their software developers are a bunch of potsmoking hippies with absolutely no performance thinking

• Like 2

Not sure whawhat the issue is with Touchwiz? I came to this following a Moto G and a Nexus 4, same old same old really 

Â