NICKTHEFISH

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Do you mean at home or on the go?

If it's at home just get a chromecast!

On the go, flights trains etc

I have a chromecast

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, zak said:

Very tempting especially as i think its time to upgrade from the Oneplus , which has gone to shit since latest update. Issue is i often watch tv shows and ufc on my phone and this screen is probably too small.

Think i will probably end of going for the premium instead but will have a think

Hi mate, I understand how it is no worries. 

I had a couple of 5.1" and 5.2" phones recently and it feels so good now to go back to a smaller handset (I've got the Z3 Compact). 

One handed operations are awesome! 

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered a Smart Prime 7 today from Voda. Looks amazing for £75. Will report back once it gets here and may upload a video. I bloody love budget phones. Will get the Smart Ultra 7 once it's out too. Still maintain that the Smart Ultra 6 is THE best phone for value for price around at the mo. It's astounding what you get from it for £100.

47 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Ordered a Smart Prime 7 today from Voda. Looks amazing for £75. Will report back once it gets here and may upload a video. I bloody love budget phones. Will get the Smart Ultra 7 once it's out too. Still maintain that the Smart Ultra 6 is THE best phone for value for price around at the mo. It's astounding what you get from it for £100.

Mate wanted a cheap phone quick, so I suggested these:

It's distinctly a budget phone, but it's a total bargain. Came with a jelly case at that price too. He wishes he'd paid the extra £4 for the 8GB (on the right) though. There are loads of cheap phones on Amazon, just make sure they can use the Google play store.

after dropping my m8 a few times now the speaker is broken ....looking at maybe the s7 so I can stick it on my bike been waterproof an all that ....I hear the sony x is also waterproof but does anyone by sony anymore ?

26 minutes ago, Meath_Villan said:

after dropping my m8 a few times now the speaker is broken ....looking at maybe the s7 so I can stick it on my bike been waterproof an all that ....I hear the sony x is also waterproof but does anyone by sony anymore ?

If I was buying a new phone tomorrow I don't think I'd be looking at any of the big brands. The new manufacturers are so cheap the phones are almost disposable. More than ever you need to think about what you will use it for,

5 minutes ago, Meath_Villan said:

stevo do the sony phones not have a bug with overheating ....

My z3+ doesn't overheat. It gets warm sometimes, but it's never done a thermal shutdown.

Mine does get warm, but not so hot that they shut down or anything. Just noticeably warm.

My biggest, and pretty much only, gripe with the Z5 (or at least my Z5) is the bluetooth is poor. Every now and then when you're listening to music or whatever it gets all stuttery and interrupted, like a CD skipping. And it seems to get worse if you have other apps running (the nav for example).

It's not bad enough to make it unusable. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all, sometimes it's bad for 30 seconds and stops. But it's bad enough to annoy me that a premium phone has a fault like that.

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's not bad enough to make it unusable. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all, sometimes it's bad for 30 seconds and stops. But it's bad enough to annoy me that a premium phone has a fault like that.

I'd have returned it for that.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I thought about that but figured it would be a really hard thing to prove.

In the first six months the law says they have to prove your claim isn't true.

On 6/26/2016 at 19:43, Meath_Villan said:

stevo do the sony phones not have a bug with overheating ....

My Z5 compact overheated to the point it was unusable. Generally I found it quite clunky compared to my S7 and even my trusty old LG G3 which is currently backing it up as my work phone. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Â