What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

I know this isn't the thread to be throwing names around but get cheeky bids on players like Ivica Olic, Edin Dzeko, Vagner Love, David Silva, Roberto Soldado etc.

Simply wouldn't happen under O'Neill.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£30 million is a lot of money, if it could get us darren bent, micah richards and stephen ireland i would be interested as we need to strengthen in a few positions.

It is alot of money.. unfortunately not enough to sell Milner for i would hope!

every player has his price and as Villa fans we have seen this so many times over the years........doesnt make it anymore paletable but its the economics of football.

Lets face it its happened with Andy Gray, Steve Hodge, David Platt, Dwight Yorke, Gareth Barry and it will happen again, shame if he leaves but so be it, WE ARE VILLA AND WE SHALL MOVE ON

Not at all, your frothing at the mouth to batter down anyone that posts anything that isn't 100% rosy and dont try and deny it, as you've never ever posted anything negative its like Villa is christ or something!

I give credit where credit is due. I have never at any point said that things are 100% rosy but I have and maintain the fact that we are in a very good position and far better than we have been for a very, very long time.

There is nothing positive about losing Milner, nothing at all and trying to think of some long winded reason why it isnt is just head in the sand stuff again.

I don't want to lose him and I, at no point, have said that losing him would be a positive thing. The only silver lining in that cloud is the money, which is obvious.

Sooner or later Lex you'll have to accept that MON will not change and only take us so far, we're now there! I hope i'm wrong but i cannot see him changing.

MON has improved us year upon year - we have consistently got better every season. You can't say 'we're now there' because there is no proof of that fact - we were better than last year in a harder league this year - next season will offer results one way or another but for now it's impossible for you to try and claim that as fact - there is no logic to it.

We now need to keep players like Milner because MON is incapable of seeing anything further past these shores.. resulting in over priced players which may or may not be better than a possible foreign alternative.

MON has bought well and got in good players - he obviously does prefer players that are proven in the league we play in, but so what? If we're getting better, what does it matter?

I think you either just need to cheer up or take some prozac.

Randy "we cannot spend 30m on one player"

Sorry chap but our competitors can and will, we can never achieve top four without competing with them in the same financial market

Arsenal have never spent 30m on one player

Thats because Arsene goes back to France on his holidays (Monsieur Hulot :) ) and finds five world class players hanging around a bus stop.

Sorry chap but our competitors can and will, we can never achieve top four without competing with them in the same financial market

i disagree, pains me to say it but look at spuds, modric, palacios, kranjcar and lennon, combined cost of £32m, on whole the team has cost far more than ours but as long as we keep adding pieces at the right time we dont need to buy a hugely expensive player

id rather we bought well ie milner for £12m, young, delph hopefully this summer a £10m - £15m striker etc rather than spunked £25 - £30m on players like lescott and even milner, imagine if we'd have bought berbatov?

Can you even bear to imagine what kind of season we would have had if Milner wasnt around and we had sidwell in the middle with Petrov all season.

Perhaps Downing would have made it in the middle or NRC or Delph, who knows? Barry taught us this lesson and one of the main reasons Milners worth £35m+ is because Barry left us.

from the article i read I thought he was saying "he wouldn't" not couldn't

Wouldn't as in he felt it would upset the squad to have a superstar on super wages ... our team seems to be built around a work ethic and team spirit as much as anything .. 30m might get us 3 x 10m players .. not sure if they equate to better business than 1 x 30m player

If it is "wouldn't" rather than "couldn't" then I would argue itis worse to be honest.

As I said, our competitors can and will

Sooner or later Lex you'll have to accept that MON will not change and only take us so far, we're now there! I hope i'm wrong but i cannot see him changing.

wow, considering your past record on negative predictions I'm very surprised at how much you think we should all believe you now.

Everton selling Rooney for 30m was the best thing they ever did. To put a different spin on it.

Agree with this.

£30m plus for Milner is good business. I hear people on here saying we wont be able to replace him with as good a player, but we dont necessarily need to. We could buy a very good CF and CM with that sort of money and wed have every chance of improving next year.

If he does go im looking forward to an exciting summer in the transfer market.

Something that slightly worries me is the knock on effect this might create. If Milner goes will Young and Gabby think its time to move on as well?

Arsenal have never spent 30m on one player

Wenger is a little more savy in the transfer market though and looks all over.

Has his stinkers though as do all managers.

wow, considering you're past record on negative predictions I'm very surprised at how much you think we should all believe you now.

I'll just change my mind or vanish like some do hey BJ? :lol:

I know this isn't the thread to be throwing names around but get cheeky bids on players like Ivica Olic, Edin Dzeko, Vagner Love, David Silva, Roberto Soldado etc.

Or any other manager here, at the moment.

resulting in over priced players

Oh dear all these over priced players.

Friedel - 2 mill

Collins 4 mill

Dunne 5 mill

Milner 12 mill

Young 9 mill

Cuellar 8 mill

Petrov 6 mill

Downing 12 mill

Warnock 8 mill

Carew 5 mill ( swap with Baros who was worth no more than 5 mill )

Total 71 million

All Mon signings and made up our regular match day 11 last season aside from Gabby who cost sweet FA obviously.

I also don't think 7 mill for Reo Coker, 4 mill for Luke Young, 3 mill for Heskey, 2 mill for Beye, 650k for Guzan, 6 mill for Delph ( time will tell ) was exactly over priced. The only ones I'd say were over priced would be Harewood and possibly Shorey and Davies.

resulting in over priced players

Oh dear all these over priced players.

Friedel - 2 mill

Collins 4 mill

Dunne 5 mill

Milner 12 mill

Young 9 mill

Cuellar 8 mill

Petrov 6 mill

Downing 12 mill

Warnock 8 mill

Carew 5 mill ( swap with Baros who was worth no more than 5 mill )

Total 71 million

All Mon signings and made up our regular match day 11 last season aside from Gabby who cost sweet FA obviously.

I also don't think 7 mill for Reo Coker, 4 mill for Luke Young, 3 mill for Heskey, 2 mill for Beye, 650k for Guzan, 6 mill for Delph ( time will tell ) was exactly over priced. The only ones I'd say were over priced would be Harewood and possibly Shorey and Davies.

Couple of debatable prices in there but on the whole I agree.

or Randy it seems as most would cost in excess of the amount he says he would spend on one player

I think MON has a great eye for a player on the whole - Dunney and Milner are the best two examples for me - and has built a really good squad on a (relatively) limited budget.

I just don't think he knows how to use that squad properly!