What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Hes going no where this season, will sign a new deal, then will go next summer or the summer after to Man Utd or be Lampards replacement when he plays his last days out in Seria A.

I think that's probably a fair conclusion. Yes Man City will progress but do any of us really think they will win the PL next season because I don't.

They may have a shout in a cup if they take it seriously but the £200m plus they have spent so far have got them a handful of points more and less cup success than Villa. There is a huge difference between building a team and buying a bunch of trophy players and the more of them they have the more difficult it becomes. The bottom line is that it will take a few years to build a side that can consistently challenge. Controversial opinion but you could say the same about Villa so.

Man U and Chelsea are already there so if he goes I think that is the sort of club he would go to. As he said its about silveware over his career and to win that I know where I would go.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's probably a fair conclusion. Yes Man City will progress but do any of us really think they will win the PL next season because I don't.

No I don't but they'll be up there withing the next two season I think. Maybe no winning it but top thre material it pains me to say.

It would be a good move personally for anybody but his football legacy might be damaged if he doesnt make the team like Scott parker who has just got his credibility back in the last year

They may have a shout in a cup if they take it seriously but the £200m plus they have spent so far have got them a handful of points more and less cup success than Villa. There is a huge difference between building a team and buying a bunch of trophy players and the more of them they have the more difficult it becomes. The bottom line is that it will take a few years to build a side that can consistently challenge. Controversial opinion but you could say the same about Villa so.

What cup success, we didnt win any and neither did they, we got beat in a final by the team that beat them in the semi, the first decent team we played in the other cup we lost to, cup success = win, not coming 2nd, 3rd etc

Step 1. £25m + Ireland for James Milner

Step 2. Play Ireland, and Ireland has a cracking season

Milner plays bit part in city midfield where they spend another £100m on players

Step 3. Ireland has a cracking season for Villa and wins PFA young player of the year.

Milner gets pissed off at how little pitch time he is getting

Step 4. End of season £25m + Milner for Ireland to City.

Net result: Villa have £50m and still have Milner.

Now THAT's a plan.

thats the bug bear with ONeill - the squad, as you rightly pointed out, isnt there for him to rotate. But the problem is that sqaud after the first 11 has been assembled for massive money by MON............ so we shouldnt use that as an excuse for MON but more as a stick to beat his luckycharm eating head with !!

but our club has been changing. It wasn't like we were top 4 contenders when he took over. He had to buy players to improve first, then better players to get us into Europe then players to keep us amongst those top 6 teams and now we need more players to push our challenge for the top 4.

The problem is that the 08/09 season saw expectations fly up and now the players need to represent that more.

Personally i'm not that concerned with the outcome of this transfer, if Milner stays i'll be happy, also if he went to city for £20 million + Ireland i'd be happy.

In fact the more I think about it, the more i'm leaning towards £20 million + Ireland.

I've read some peoples posts here about a swap deal for Carrick if he went to Man U, this would be my nightmare scenario, do not rate the lad at all!

Chelsea were a club that were literally 24-48 hours away from not existing til Abramovich bought them, And only then because Bates was given no choice by the banks, and after selling acted as if he had done Abramovich a favour!

Personally i'm not that concerned with the outcome of this transfer, if Milner stays i'll be happy, also if he went to city for £20 million + Ireland.

In fact the more I think about it, the more i'm leaning towards £20 million + Ireland.

I've read some peoples posts here about a swap deal for Carrick if he went to Man U, this would be my nightmare scenario, do not rate the lad at all!

id be delighted with £20m plus ireland, absolutely delighted. and i think city would be happy with it too

Personally i'm not that concerned with the outcome of this transfer, if Milner stays i'll be happy, also if he went to city for £20 million + Ireland.

id be delighted with £20m plus ireland, absolutely delighted. and i think city would be happy with it too

The only thing about signing Ireland would be, we'd have to switch to a 5 man midfield or replace Petrov IMO.

The only thing about signing Ireland would be, we'd have to switch to a 5 man midfield or replace Petrov IMO.

im gonna go out on a limb and say carrick and ireland in the middle of a 4 with downing and ash on the wings would be a far more balanced and effective midfield than what we've got right now

although im not a football manager

I can't understand why people would want Carrick, he's completly anonymous when playing, Central mid is Man Utd's week spot and Carrick hasn't been playing much even still, I think Fegruson has accepted he's not up to it at this stage.

Not sure if I have missed it but just got home, turned on text to see milner saying he is unsure on where he will be next year.

I was 100% confident he would stay until I heard this.

im gonna go out on a limb and say carrick and ireland in the middle of a 4 with downing and ash on the wings would be a far more balanced and effective midfield than what we've got right now

although im not a football manager

Hmmmm... who would win the ball back and do any hard work for the team? Also both Carrick and Ireland are Barryesque in terms of pace!

Not sure if I have missed it but just got home, turned on text to see milner saying he is unsure on where he will be next year.

I was 100% confident he would stay until I heard this.

Was this a direct quote though?