What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

People said the same about Chelsea some years ago. Yet now they accept the fact that Chelsea would be an OK destintaion for a player.

Citeh will be that way eventually. I think it is jealously and people are generally not willing to admit it.

Me I am jealous of the fact that they culd attract the very best players playing for them and that then gives them the opportunity to play better football and achieve more success.

Better football and more success is something I would want for Villa.

Exactly!!!!!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People said the same about Chelsea some years ago. Yet now they accept the fact that Chelsea would be an OK destintaion for a player.

Citeh will be that way eventually. I think it is jealously and people are generally not willing to admit it.

Me I am jealous of the fact that they culd attract the very best players playing for them and that then gives them the opportunity to play better football and achieve more success.

Chelsea were always a big club and before Abramovich came in, they finished 4th. First season in charge with the money, they finished 2nd.

It's a different scenario.

He can go to United, they're a bigger club and I can accept that. I hope he doesn't take the sidewards step to City though, whilst I don't think Chelsea would be an ideal destination.

How is Man City a sidewards step? :?

He can go to United, they're a bigger club and I can accept that. I hope he doesn't take the sidewards step to City though, whilst I don't think Chelsea would be an ideal destination.

Whether you like it or not, City are going bigger and better places faster than us. They may not be doing it as quickly as they should but you need to deal with the fact they are going to be more succesful than us very very soon.

Chelsea were always a big club and before Abramovich came in, they finished 4th. First season in charge with the money, they finished 2nd.

No it isnt.

You could say that when Randy came in to save our sinking ship, we were spoon fed and got lucky. Its ok for us for what reason???????

The publicity and brand benefit of having England's bright new thing playing in the world cup in less than a month has got to be worth XXX millions to a club...

It will be a backwards step if anything for him personally, as at Villa the team will be built around him and at Cit-eh he will become one of about 10 very good midfielders.

They finished 1 place above us in the league, we got to a cup final and semi final.

Currently it is a sidewards step, money isn't automatically going to buy them success. So atm they're no better then us.

That's an interesting observation. All the more disappointing that it's true too :(

No they bloody well weren't, they were a bunch of over-achievers who were mortgaged to the hilt and we only allowed to borrow so much money on the stupidly escalating prices for London land. Ken Bates must have laughed all the way to the bank when Abhramovic bought him out, he was off the hook and at that stage in their entire history they'd won diddly squat, Until the money came from Russia they were below even West Ham in the London pecking order

They finished 1 place above us in the league, we got to a cup final and semi final.

Currently it is a sidewards step, money isn't automatically going to buy them success. So atm they're no better then us.

They will stregnthen again in the summer and will be challengers next season, its not that hard to see the path they are going to take.

In a nutshell, they will get into the Champians League a long while before we do. :cry:

I think this is a bit like saying at the start of a GP that Ferrari are no better than Lotus because they're currently on the same straight. They may be on the same straight, but it is fancifully ignoring the obvious.

i dislike city with a passion, but no way would it be a sidewards step to go to them, they will spend shitloads of money, they eventually will win the league, it'll be a sad day when they do, but they will, we however will not win the league in the same time frame, if ever, so going to them would be a step up imo

I think this is a bit like saying at the start of a GP that Ferrari are no better than Lotus because they're currently on the same straight. They may be on the same straight, but it is fancifully ignoring the obvious.

What a rubbish analogy. You can't compare the start of a GP with the end of a 38 game 9 month long season, although I don't agree that a move to Man Blue is a sideways step any longer.

What a rubbish analogy. You can't compare the start of a GP with the end of a 38 game 9 month long season, although I don't agree that a move to Man Blue is a sideways step any longer.

So your problem is with the analogy, not with the point. OK.

Im actually calm about the situation and not worried in the slightest.

Milner is good...but not that good and certainly not world class. We are going to make a massive profit on him hopefully the funds will be made available to MON to stregnthen/replace. IMO we can improve on Milner by using a percentage of the fee we will recieve also leaving moneys over to put toward a striker of high quality.

As ive said before i really dont give a shit who he goes too as long as they are willing to pay a stupid amount of money which they look like they are, way over his valuation.

I wont hate James in the slightest, hes got ambition and knows he has a better chance of success with someone else, best of luck to him. I just hope he doesnt ask for a move like Barry.

I totally agree with this.

To all who say City is a side step are kidding themselves. We all know that THEY will be contesting in finals and competing for the league within the next few seasons. I don't believe we will, unfortunately.

With the money City have available, they will achieve things. Same as Chelsea.