What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

I know this isn't the thread to be throwing names around but get cheeky bids on players like Ivica Olic, Edin Dzeko, Vagner Love, David Silva, Roberto Soldado etc.

Simply wouldn't happen under O'Neill.

or Randy it seems as most would cost in excess of the amount he says he would spend on one player

There are only three clubs in English football who at this moment in time could spend £30 mill on one player. In fact I doubt there is no more than a handful of clubs who could afford to spend in excess of 20 mill on one player.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this isn't the thread to be throwing names around but get cheeky bids on players like Ivica Olic, Edin Dzeko, Vagner Love, David Silva, Roberto Soldado etc.

Simply wouldn't happen under O'Neill.

or Randy it seems as most would cost in excess of the amount he says he would spend on one player

Sorry - Rather than price, my point was regarding the type of players they are. It is my opinion based on his history here and elsewhere that MON wouldn't go out and spend a large sum of money on a player from abroad.

For example, I think he would be more likely to spend £15million on Carlton Cole, than spending it on a 'Fellani' from Standard.

We've improved every year, so this way of buying players is certainly working for Martin and the club. Whether it'll work to get us to our apparent Champions League desire, I don't think.

Yes I see that argument as well John. So in terms of type of player we wont get them because MON wouldn't do that and even if he would we wouldn't get them because Randy wouldn't spend the money

We're fecked either way then :lol:

I do wonder whether it was wise to come out so publically and say we are a sell to buy club. I just wonder whether that message encourages clubs to make enquiries for your players that because difficult to resist. So we have this offer, a reported interest in Young from Spurs with Jenas and or Keane coming to us.

Just strikes me that saying we sell to buy basically says to clubs with ambition and money to match that ambition, come on down the price could be right

What i am saying is Clubs do sell players, lets use Spurs they sell Carrick/Berbatov, build a squad and now where are they? Everton sell Rooney, they got to 4th. Like i said it is a WIN/WIN situation for us, if he stays Brilliant, if NOT the money we will get will be brilliant to build a squad capable.

But will it though?

With names being tossed around of Carlton Cole, Jermaine Jenas etc.. I very much doubt it!

Exactly names, but saying that as proven before we should not jump on a players back before actually seeing them in a Villa shirt. We sign Balaban, the whole internet thinks hes a superstar but on the pitch he was shite, we sign Dunne and constantly criticised as a shit buy by many, but proved to be one of our best players. MON knows what he needs!

My point is that £30 million players are unusual and not something we could be competing with.

City and Chelsea got lucky to be so loaded, United worked for it.

I think MON has a great eye for a player on the whole - Dunney and Milner are the best two examples for me - and has built a really good squad on a (relatively) limited budget.

did

I just don't think he knows how to use that squad properly!

If he had a better squad im sure hed know exactly how to use it. Lets face it, the quality in the squad isnt there at the mo.

Im in the minority in thinking MON didnt have much of a squad to rotate last year, either certain players werent quite ready or were injured or just didnt look the part.

Think we need to chill out about this - for at least the reason that nothing will be resolved until after the world cup.

The reason why james Milner wont come out and commit his future is because I believe hes a great professional and wants to maximise his chances of a world cup place - thereby focusing solely on England and being as passive as possible when it comes to club questions.

The club statement said we have refused an offer and that we still intend to AGREE (not discuss) a new contract with James Milner after the world cup.

No further news.

The tabloids have nothing to write about. One day they say Man Utd cant spend any money, then they link them with a £28 million bid for Milner. 1 day Chelsea are interested, and then there not.

Stop worrying - if he ends up going, he ends up going. We will deal with it.

If anything, we should be pleased with the fact our players are being linked with such moves. It shows how far we have come in such a short space of time. And if you think back to last year, who would have said James Milner would have been linked with a £30m move. i certainly wouldnt. A credit to both James Milner and the coaching staff.

I think MON has a great eye for a player on the whole - Dunney and Milner are the best two examples for me - and has built a really good squad on a (relatively) limited budget.

did

If he had a better squad im sure hed know exactly how to use it. Lets face it, the quality in the squad isnt there at the mo.

Im in the minority in thinking MON didnt have much of a squad to rotate last year, either certain players werent quite ready or were injured or just didnt look the part.

thats the bug bear with ONeill - the squad, as you rightly pointed out, isnt there for him to rotate. But the problem is that sqaud after the first 11 has been assembled for massive money by MON............ so we shouldnt use that as an excuse for MON but more as a stick to beat his luckycharm eating head with !!

Didn't United sell Ronaldo? Didn't Arsenal sell players, sometimes you have to sell players to rebuild. For me its a win win situation for us, If Milner stays brilliant, if he goes we could potentially sell him for 30Million plus or we could negotiate a deal. Man City know were not Everton, where we will cave in, even if Milner kicks up a fuss, Randy will only do a deal if it is in the best interests of AVFC. Some of you guys have to remember Randy brought this club for 76Million, and now we are getting an offer of 30Million for 1 player.

Yeah united sold ronaldo and dont win the league....Arsenal sell players and look weaker now then they did 5 years ago just ask the arsenal fans.

Oh and while we on it ask them if they think selling Fabrega is great and will mover them forward with all the money they will get.

We sell milner it will be a big message to the fans and to other football clubs.

We will be just another feeder club for big clubs and will never get in the top 4 selling our best players.

Oh and what you think teams will do when they know we have 30 million from the sale of milner?

Everything will be double its a waste of time selling and i for one hope villa dont sell him and keep him at all cost just to show we are moving forward.

If man u and the arse are feeder clubs to the big sides, weve got bob hope........ face it folks - Milner is gone !

Didn't United sell Ronaldo? Didn't Arsenal sell players, sometimes you have to sell players to rebuild. For me its a win win situation for us, If Milner stays brilliant, if he goes we could potentially sell him for 30Million plus or we could negotiate a deal. Man City know were not Everton, where we will cave in, even if Milner kicks up a fuss, Randy will only do a deal if it is in the best interests of AVFC. Some of you guys have to remember Randy brought this club for 76Million, and now we are getting an offer of 30Million for 1 player.

Yeah united sold ronaldo and dont win the league....Arsenal sell players and look weaker now then they did 5 years ago just ask the arsenal fans.

Oh and while we on it ask them if they think selling Fabrega is great and will mover them forward with all the money they will get.

We sell milner it will be a big message to the fans and to other football clubs.

We will be just another feeder club for big clubs and will never get in the top 4 selling our best players.

Oh and what you think teams will do when they know we have 30 million from the sale of milner?

Everything will be double its a waste of time selling and i for one hope villa dont sell him and keep him at all cost just to show we are moving forward.

If man u and the arse are feeder clubs to the big sides, weve got bob hope........ face it folks - Milner is gone !

Oh for god sake. No he flippin hasnt

did

thats the bug bear with ONeill - the squad, as you rightly pointed out, isnt there for him to rotate. But the problem is that sqaud after the first 11 has been assembled for massive money by MON............ so we shouldnt use that as an excuse for MON but more as a stick to beat his luckycharm eating head with !!

agreed