What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

If he goes then considering the bidding has eculated to £30m already then I'd want at least £40m.

I do think that MON shouldnt put himself under constaraint by limiting his market place. Having said that I would sign McCarthy at wigan.

There is value to be had in Europe and South America.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The very fact we can sell Milner for £30m+ shoots a hole straight through your argument. As for Downing, you wait and see if hes a flop, i think you will be proved wrong, very wrong.

Downing wont be a flop i dont think, never said he would be either.

Sorry crossed my posters, :winkold:

Key here is, "run as a business"

Yes but you must make sure you don't sell your key assets of your business either or it defeats the object.

Well thats not true... If you get the opportunity to liquidate your assets for a sum way above that which you consider its true current or potential future value, it makes no business sense NOT to liquidate and reinvest.

So Jez, you say the players he has bought are overpriced, who would you say is overpriced?

I'll start you off

Reo Coker

Davies

Harewood

Agathe

Sutton

comedy post of the day!

How can you be overpriced if you are free? :lol:

unless of course you are Heskey.

We actaully should have been paid to take him on! :winkold:

Why don't you read back a page where I said over-priced OR AWFUL.

Sure we get 30M quid to spend but what message does that send out about us do you think?

Nothing really. You'd be hard-pressed to find a team who wouldn't accept 30million for James Milner.

Well we have that team here Dante!

It opens the flood gates for more shit to follow and shows we will let all our top players be nabbed for peanuts... why not sell Gabby & Ash Young for 7m each while were at it?

Didn't United sell Ronaldo? Didn't Arsenal sell players, sometimes you have to sell players to rebuild. For me its a win win situation for us, If Milner stays brilliant, if he goes we could potentially sell him for 30Million plus or we could negotiate a deal. Man City know were not Everton, where we will cave in, even if Milner kicks up a fuss, Randy will only do a deal if it is in the best interests of AVFC. Some of you guys have to remember Randy brought this club for 76Million, and now we are getting an offer of 30Million for 1 player.

Yeah united sold ronaldo and dont win the league....Arsenal sell players and look weaker now then they did 5 years ago just ask the arsenal fans.

Oh and while we on it ask them if they think selling Fabrega is great and will mover them forward with all the money they will get.

We sell milner it will be a big message to the fans and to other football clubs.

We will be just another feeder club for big clubs and will never get in the top 4 selling our best players.

Oh and what you think teams will do when they know we have 30 million from the sale of milner?

Everything will be double its a waste of time selling and i for one hope villa dont sell him and keep him at all cost just to show we are moving forward.

I'm gutted with all this speculation, too be honest I'm not even looking forward to the WC now. Milner more than anyone in the team makes me proud to be a Villa fan he's a fantastic exciting player and a great role model. I know he's not going to stay and I will be devastated!

So Jez, you say the players he has bought are overpriced, who would you say is overpriced?

I'll start you off

Reo Coker

Davies

Harewood

Agathe

Sutton

comedy post of the day!

How can you be overpriced if you are free? :lol:

unless of course you are Heskey.

We actaully should have been paid to take him on! :winkold:

Why don't you read back a page where I said over-priced OR AWFUL.

ah, i see. Selective quoting by me FTW! :lol: :winkold:

Randy "we cannot spend 30m on one player"

Sorry chap but our competitors can and will, we can never achieve top four without competing with them in the same financial market

What i am saying is Clubs do sell players, lets use Spurs they sell Carrick/Berbatov, build a squad and now where are they? Everton sell Rooney, they got to 4th. Like i said it is a WIN/WIN situation for us, if he stays Brilliant, if NOT the money we will get will be brilliant to build a squad capable.

Randy "we cannot spend 30m on one player"

from the article i read I thought he was saying "he wouldn't" not couldn't

Wouldn't as in he felt it would upset the squad to have a superstar on super wages ... our team seems to be built around a work ethic and team spirit as much as anything .. 30m might get us 3 x 10m players .. not sure if they equate to better business than 1 x 30m player

i like milner, mind you there are other players i think could do well for us but unless some one goes then there wouldnt be room in the middle for them.

£30 million is a lot of money, if it could get us darren bent, micah richards and stephen ireland i would be interested as we need to strengthen in a few positions.

downing keeps coming inside so he could be a possible replacement in the middle for milner.

ideally though we keep milner, get in bent, richards and ireland and then wipe the slate clean with some of our players who seem to be touched with the shitty stick.

im still sure players like NRC, shorey, curtis davies, luke young can come up trumps in the squad

What i am saying is Clubs do sell players, lets use Spurs they sell Carrick/Berbatov, build a squad and now where are they? Everton sell Rooney, they got to 4th. Like i said it is a WIN/WIN situation for us, if he stays Brilliant, if NOT the money we will get will be brilliant to build a squad capable.

But will it though?

With names being tossed around of Carlton Cole, Jermaine Jenas etc.. I very much doubt it!

I'm gutted with all this speculation, too be honest I'm not even looking forward to the WC now. Milner more than anyone in the team makes me proud to be a Villa fan he's a fantastic exciting player and a great role model. I know he's not going to stay and I will be devastated!

I know how you feel, but Milner will go because we will sell him, not because he wants to go. Milner is a great player and will get better, IMO, but any think over £35m and he is, IMO, seriously over priced.

The world cup may well show him to be a great player, but i would like to bet players from other nations will also be shown up to be great players, player we have probably not even heard of now.

We have a great future at Villa, MON has shown he can pick real class players, i think Delph has a great chance of making it and I also think Downing will make the transition to the middle (once he re grows his bollox for the tackle)

I Trust MON to make the call here, I really do and im sure Mr Lerner does as well, we are after all Aston Villa football club, not James Milner FC (as good as he COULD be)

This is what I was saying before though. Look at who Everton have bought; Pienaar, Fellaini, Cahill (not sure if he was there before Rooney?), Arteta and they are class. No doubt they will be challenging for 4th again next year afte a dodgy start this year and considering they were suffering injuries you've got to hand it to them.

And this all comes to the point where you've GOT to simply pay big money for players, something MON is against, yet goes and pays 12M for Downing who I have faith in to shine next season.

If we want to compete we've got to look further than England and pay the money. If we can get 30M for Milner then buy 2 good foreign players for 15M then we are set and have lost no money in the process. I know this isn't the thread to be throwing names around but get cheeky bids on players like Ivica Olic, Edin Dzeko, Vagner Love, David Silva, Roberto Soldado etc.

Here's hoping.

Not that it helps as City seem content to follow up but as of this minute there is zero interest from Chelsea in Milner so papers are just making this up