• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

There is nothing positive about losing Milner, nothing at all

£30m pounds sterling?

With MON spending it?

Another over priced player signed very late on, no pre-season takes till Xmas to get going.

As i said nothing positive.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With MON spending it?

Another over priced player signed very late on, no pre-season takes till Xmas to get going.

In your opinion. Milner was transformed by MON to be what he is worth today like it or not.

Oh look Everton, speculation rife that Chelsea and Utd were going to try and sign Rodwell this summer...

Contract sorted and to be signed today.

Villa should be busting a bollock to speak to Milner when he back on Sunday and sort out a deal, regardless what was agreed before he went off with England.

Totally different Jez and you bloody know it! Rodwell is a 18-19 year old, who'll know he'll get more appearances at Everton and can build a reputation. Milner is (Fabio Capello's Future) trying to achieve the next level, i have no doubt Randy will do his utmost to keep him and if it doesn't happen it will only be due to Milner wanting a move.

£30m pounds sterling?

Very much this.

Certainly so. However when you have rumours about spending half of that on Carlton Cole, I'm sure you can forgive some people to see that having that cash to spend isn't particularly positive.

Still, it's all based on conjuncture and speculation at the moment.

With MON spending it?

In your opinion. Milner was transformed by MON to be what he is worth today like it or not.

MON makes players like Sidwell, Davies and NRC crap and it is James Milner who makes Milner brilliant.

So Jez, you say the players he has bought are overpriced, who would you say is overpriced?

I'll start you off

Reo Coker

Davies

Harewood

Agathe

Sutton

comedy post of the day!

How can you be overpriced if you are free? :lol:

unless of course you are Heskey.

We actaully should have been paid to take him on! :winkold:

£30m pounds sterling?

With MON spending it?

The very fact we can sell Milner for £30m+ shoots a hole straight through your argument. As for Downing, you wait and see if hes a flop, i think you will be proved wrong, very wrong.

I cannot for the life of me understand how some of our fellow posters would "snap the hands off" for 30m! are you all insane?

If milner read these boards it would be enough to make him want to **** off knowing the fans can't wait to see him gone and already speculate as to how we will replace him all as soon as a big buck comes in for him! Where's the loyalty in that???

There will not be another player like Jimmy Milner for a long long time and he is also one of the best players i have seen in a Villa shirt for a very long time.

We have the new Gerrard/Lampard on our hands here and i believe Milner is still improving year on year and the world knows it.

How quick people are to sell our key assets for beans of the valuation is just crazy!

WE DON'T NEED TO SELL!!

I DON'T BELIEVE MILNER WANTS TO GO!!

WE ARE NOT DESPERATE FOR MONEY!!

WE ARE NOT A FEEDER CLUB!!

60m MINIMUM before our heads should even be turned to pay attention for Milner.

IF SOMEHOW MILNER WAS/WANTED TO LEAVE THEN I HOPE IT WOULD BE FOR ATLEAST 60M AND OUT OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE TO BARCELONA

With MON spending it?

Indeed and MON is good at spotting the odd player who will improve us, he could be even better if he realised football was played elsewhere!

In the mean time we buy another young english player and wait a couple of seasons until he is awesome and then just sell him anyway.

Yes, Milner is replacable, but what if that replacement were to be sold too after next season because he's been so good? I don't want to sell Milner for any money in the world just to make a statement. We don't sell our best players!

Fully agree with you Pelle.

Its depressing to think that whenever we get a decent player who courts a bit of interest he will be sold off. 30 million is a ridiculous sum (if it’s true) but what’s more important is what it says about the club.

I don’t want us to get a name as a selling club!

The very fact we can sell Milner for £30m+ shoots a hole straight through your argument. As for Downing, you wait and see if hes a flop, i think you will be proved wrong, very wrong.

Downing wont be a flop i dont think, never said he would be either.

Sure we get 30M quid to spend but what message does that send out about us do you think?

Nothing really. You'd be hard-pressed to find a team who wouldn't accept 30million for James Milner.

Didn't United sell Ronaldo? Didn't Arsenal sell players, sometimes you have to sell players to rebuild. For me its a win win situation for us, If Milner stays brilliant, if he goes we could potentially sell him for 30Million plus or we could negotiate a deal. Man City know were not Everton, where we will cave in, even if Milner kicks up a fuss, Randy will only do a deal if it is in the best interests of AVFC. Some of you guys have to remember Randy brought this club for 76Million, and now we are getting an offer of 30Million for 1 player.

Guest Ricardomeister

When you consider that Barcelona are only paying £34 million for a world class player in David Villa, I think that £30 million for Jimmy, who has yet to prove himself international class let alone world class, would be a pretty good deal. Can we then trust MON to spend that money sensibly? (assuming he actually does get all of it to spend) That is very debatable but I guess we will just have to wait and see. The important thing for me is to get the Jimmy issue sorted one way or the other before the World Cup as we don't need it dragging on and on.

Sure we get 30M quid to spend but what message does that send out about us do you think?

the wrong one, IMO.

Which is why MON doesn't want to sell, I don't think.

Plus, he doesn't want to lose his best player.

Still, it's £30m, and he did bring Milly here in the first place, didn't he?

It doesn't send out any message, like you said earlier in the thread, players rule these days, and if Milner wants to leave, we get the most money possible. If he want's to stay, he gets a new deal on more money.