What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

I don't think we would turn down an offer based upon who it comes from, maybe Milner would but I don't think the club would.

You don't think we'd rather sell to Chelsea or Man Utd than Man City, if the offers were the same?

I'd say we'd accept £x amount from whoever and let Milner decide.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a person who enjoys our ex-players unless they go to a team that I really dislike.

I don't dislike United and think he'd also do pretty well there and fit the style and I'd enjoy watching him there if he went and hope he'd do really well. If he went to Man City though, he'd just be another player I dislike.

I'd agree with that POB. Milner in a United top I could take; and I'd enjoy watching him progress as a player. At a club like Citeh though, meh.

As for this link with Chelsea, I know we're starting to add rumour+rumour and that can be dangerous but IF it is true that Mourinho is going to Réal (& it appears to be) and IF it is also true that he has sounded out Lampard to follow him there (alledged by Guillem Balague on SS) then Chelsea's relatively recent interest in James Milner all of a sudden makes more sense and becomes very understandable.

Same here, deffo be happier him going to united.

Just cant stand Man City who are a nothing small time club who have managed a sugar daddy who thinks they can buy anything and everything for whatever price they dictate. Inflating prices and ruining football for everyone else.

i cant see madrid going for lamps even with jose there, without an election its hard IMO to see another galactico, plus id argue its more a case of joe cole not playing ball and leaving on a free as well as deco going and further speculation that ballack is done (which he's denying) that opens up a gap for jimmy at the bridge

and i also agree with POB, if its true that utd and chelski are after him (utd are broke so cant see it unless they sell) if he goes to city its instantly a question of cash / bullshit "ambition" whereas if he's playing CL next season its hard to begrudge him

I can't see him leaving. He so wanted to get to Villa after leaving Newcastle, he's our main man, he's a good, honest lad...so I jst dont see him going. Man city cant offer him anything we cant and he may struggle for a place. At Chelsea he may not get a place. Man u would be the only real possibility, but they claim they're not buying. Honestly, i just dont see him leaving, despite what sky want us to believe.

Can't say I will ever look at him favourably again if he goes to City. In fact, if I am honest I will look at him with disgust.

He is joining a club with no morals, who are arrogant tosspots.

He is joining a club with no morals, who are arrogant tosspots.

Yep, and its generally a certain calibre of player, generally lacking in self respect who go there. I dont have jimmy down as one of those type of guys, going to man city will change my view.

But yet when we get a billionaire owner, we all get excited about the millions were going to spend. until that is we realise we dont have that much money, and anyone who comes along with more, we get jealous of - and pretend we dont want to be linked with superstars and have players like Carlos tevez playing for us.

People said the same about Chelsea some years ago. Yet now they accept the fact that Chelsea would be an OK destintaion for a player.

Citeh will be that way eventually. I think it is jealously and people are generally not willing to admit it.

Me I am jealous of the fact that they culd attract the very best players playing for them and that then gives them the opportunity to play better football and achieve more success.

Better football and more success is something I would want for Villa.